PDA

View Full Version : 2 RomyG's with misaligned rails. Should I buy?

Jones828
11-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Hi all,
I came across 2 RomyG's with misaligned rails. They are fully assembled right now, but he would remove the receiver and keep, only because he lives in a different state that is within driving distance.

They each have full compliance parts.

The Stock sets are nothing to brag about. Mostly miss match. But the barrels are pressed on already and the guns fire, but dont feed.

So my question is, at $600 for the pair, is that a great deal, I should not pass up? I am not really in the market for 2 more AK'2. I could use a few of the compliant parts on my Maadi thou.

Thoughts?

Thank you, Jones

imanaknut
11-11-2012, 11:35 PM
My 2 cents, that is a lot of money for two non-functional rifles unless you already have the replacement receiver and the means to disassemble the old rifles and reassemble them correctly.

Again, my 2 cents is if you need a few parts for a Maadi, there are cheaper ways to get them.

If I re-read your post correctly, the seller is willing to disassemble the rifles and just ship you the good parts. That saves a lot of trouble on your part, and based on what part sets are going for these days might not be that bad, so it really is hard to say.

And here I am with parts laying all over the place with just the intent of having replacement parts for rifles that never break. :D

imanaknut
11-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Nah, it is AK-addiction!!!!

Schuetzenman
11-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Worth getting, IMO no. I'm with Nut, just get your compliance parts and bank the rest of the money.

Alexei
11-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Pass, but take the money and buy something else before the new bout of panic buying hits.

El Laton Caliente
11-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Pass, but take the money and buy something else before the new bout of panic buying hits.

Too late...

Jones828
11-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys,
All great points and some funny ones too. I think I cought the addiction. But am fighting it off.

I have been spending to much on this stuff of late. I think I will hold off. Unless it turns into a real deal. Money is tight in these times.

Thank you again.
Jones