PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, need help identifying this mount

79camaro
11-13-2012, 02:06 PM
I just purchased a M+M M10 762, and would like to get this mount. Can someone identify it and give me a possible source?

Richard Simmons
11-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the board!

I think that's an MTK-83 Belarus scope mount but I'm not 100% positive. Maybe one of the auction sites like Gunbroker.com?

El Laton Caliente
11-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the board!

Looks to be one of the newer Belares, Russia models, but I can't ID it...

79camaro
11-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Thank you for the welcome and the information! Not new to firearms, and I had an AK (chinese if I recall correctly) 15 years ago....should have kept it! In addition to handguns, I have a BM AR15 and a Sig 556 patrol/swat. I am intrigued by the simplicity and reliability (maybe not accuracy) of AK and variants....looking forward to some range time with my baby when she arrives later this week!

Schuetzenman
11-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you for the welcome and the information! Not new to firearms, and I had an AK (chinese if I recall correctly) 15 years ago....should have kept it! In addition to handguns, I have a BM AR15 and a Sig 556 patrol/swat. I am intrigued by the simplicity and reliability (maybe not accuracy) of AK and variants....looking forward to some range time with my baby when she arrives later this week!

Welcome to the web site. On Accuracy, true the AK type isn't the most accurate weapon but a good bit of that IMO comes from the sights, the rear sight in particular. They do bounce around as the weapon recoils and they don't end up in the same position after they bounce. When you use that rail mount with a scope or a red dot you will probably find your groups are going to be about half the size because they aren't bouncing like the iron sight.