PDA

View Full Version : Documentary Suggestions.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 03:58 AM
Four good ones I've seen recently on Netflix include
1-Patriocracy
2-The Billionaires Tea Party
3-Koch Brothers Exposed
4-OutFoxed

I suggest everyone check these out. Any other suggestions you guys might have...please add here.(Netflix/Amazon Prime)

samiam
11-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Iraq for Sale

Wal-Mart, the High Cost of Low Prices

slamfire51
11-16-2012, 08:28 AM
- How Obama's Thugs Stole the Election
- Affordable Health Care, Scam of the Century
- Why Benghazi Was Swept Under the Rug Until After the Election.

El Jefe
11-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Damn, the fucking commies are out in force. :jerk-n-off:

Stylz
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
- How Obama's Thugs Stole the Election
- Affordable Health Care, Scam of the Century
- Why Benghazi Was Swept Under the Rug Until After the Election.

LOL.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Well "Patriocracy" isn't partisan. I'm serious though. Would like some suggestions from you guys.

sevlex
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM
And the troll finally goes into ignore status. Congrats you are the first one.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Never seen people so afraid of facts and truth.

El Jefe
11-16-2012, 02:05 PM

It's propaganda you asshole. I wouldn't watch anything you recommend because you're a known entity. Now kindly fuck off!

Cypher
11-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I would highly suggest you watch.....

-2016: Obama's America
-Occupy Unmasked
-Hating Breitbart
-Runaway Slave http://www.runawayslavemovie.com/
-Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (Sounds like your kind of place right!)
-Michael Moore Hates America
-Nine Days That Changed the World
-Not Evil Just Wrong (I think he is evil though)
-I.O.U.S.A.
-Atlas Shrugged
-In The Face Of Evil

And reading material....
-Bible
-United States Constitution, focus on Bill of Rights
-Surrounded by Idiots: Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America
-The Revolution: A Manifesto
-America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It
-The 10 Big Lies About America: Combating Destructive Distortions About Our Nation
-Persecution: How Liberals Are Waging War Against Christianity
-An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World’s Biggest Problems
-Surrender Is Not an Option: Defending America at the United Nations
-A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity
-A History of the American People
-The Road to Serfdom
-A Patriot’s History of the United States: From Columbus’s Great Discovery to the War on Terror
-Basic Economics
-Atlas Shrugged

There are so many more good conservative videos and books I can't post them all but this will get you started. If you study these videos and books I guarantee you will be a changed man/woman.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 02:30 PM

-Occupy Unmasked
-Hating Breitbart
-I.O.U.S.A.
-Atlas Shrugged
-In The Face Of Evil

And reading material....
-Bible
-The 10 Big Lies About America: Combating Destructive Distortions About Our Nation
-The Road to Serfdom
-A Patriot’s History of the United States: From Columbus’s Great Discovery to the War on Terror
-Basic Economics
-Atlas Shrugged

There are so many more good conservative videos and books I can't post them all but this will get you started. If you study these videos and books I guarantee you will be a changed man/woman.
I will definitely check some of those out

Focused Gunfire
11-16-2012, 02:46 PM
The sad thing about documentaries is that they can so easily turn into propaganda for one side or another. Have not seen the ones you brought up, but given the subject matter and date they were made, I would strongly advise caution. All facts should be vetted before being sited to avoid looking like a fool.

As for documentaries that I have seen and liked, I just literally got done watching a good one free on Youtube. It is called Ancient Aliens Debunked. Yes it is about the History show, but does basically cover the whole theory also. I should mention a slight bias as I do not like the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
At over three hours in size, you might need to break it up into parts.

Less serious but still found enjoyment in, King of Kong. Yes it is a movie about a guy trying to get the high score in the video game King Kong.

Kadmos
11-16-2012, 02:56 PM

Or even just opinions...

Anyway

The Crusades (1995) with Terry Jones (from Monty Python)

Really great documentary, nicely lightened up.

Probably dozens of really great documentaries done by Jane Goodall, assuming you have any interest in chimps

1 Patriot-of-many
11-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Damn, the fucking commies are out in force. :jerk-n-off: Indeed this forum has been invaded by stupidity.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Or even just opinions...

Anyway

Probably dozens of really great documentaries done by Jane Goodall, assuming you have any interest in chimps
Opinions aren't facts nor are theories settled science that are repeatable and demonstrable.

5.56NATO
11-16-2012, 03:36 PM
There should be one on how 0bama and co watched the Bengazi murders live for 10 hours refusing to do anything and then went to bed.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-16-2012, 03:42 PM
There should be one on how 0bama and co watched the Bengazi murders live for 10 hours refusing to do anything and then went to bed.
There will never be truth on this or Fast and Furious when the "justice dept." is controlled by friends of those who hate this country and it's past.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Or even just opinions...

Anyway

Excellent point. You guys are absolutely terrified of opinions. "Hey can you believe this guy..he isn't racist and hateful. Fucking commie bastard". "Check this guy out. He wants to insure there is an Earth around for all our grandkids to enjoy in the future...fucking commie troll".

Stylz
11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
It's propaganda you asshole. I wouldn't watch anything you recommend because you're a known entity. Now kindly fuck off!

I bet you are okay with sitting home and watching Fox News all day though huh? Anyways, takes a strong mind to sit down and watch opposing facts/truths/propaganda and decipher what to believe or not. Instead you sit down and watch opinion based commentary masquerading as news because it is easy. You should watch Patriocracy. It is about you. And it is not biased.

Cypher
11-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I bet you are okay with sitting home and watching Fox News all day though huh? Anyways, takes a strong mind to sit down and watch opposing facts/truths/propaganda and decipher what to believe or not. Instead you sit down and watch opinion based commentary masquerading as news because it is easy. You should watch Patriocracy. It is about you. And it is not biased.

In reality we are bombarded constantly with liberal drivel thanks to the MSM, entertainment and education industries. The fact of the matter is you have to make an effort to learn the truth, the liberal drivel is flying around like no ones business.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Excellent point. You guys are absolutely terrified of opinions. "Hey can you believe this guy..he isn't racist and hateful. Fucking commie bastard". "Check this guy out. He wants to insure there is an Earth around for all our grandkids to enjoy in the future...fucking commie troll". Okay now we've pin pointed who you are. The dumbasses that sided with the USSR protesting we should all give up our nukes cause Communism is so peaceful........ Someone nailed it earlier. You are the fools they used the whole time. USEFUL FOOL! That describes you dumbasses to a tee. I only wish now we had let you fools die on the vine in WW2.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 05:13 PM
So am I a communist or a Muslim? I'm getting mixed feedback here. They are exact opposites. This tactic seems familiar....oh yeah. That's right.

Dr. Gonzo GED
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Stylz, have you seen the 1984 documentary Red Dawn?

It's really good! I also reccomend Comando and Predator. They make a great double feature.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 05:51 PM

-Occupy Unmasked
-Hating Breitbart
-I.O.U.S.A.
-Atlas Shrugged
-In The Face Of Evil

And reading material....
-Bible
-The Road to Serfdom
-Basic Economics
-Atlas Shrugged

OK. First 4 aren't on netflix.
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed=first minute or so was good. Then it degenerated into "Poor intelligent design believers are oppressed, they won't let us teach this to your children". The Documentary provides not one shred of evidence of ID, nor can anyone who wants to teach it. There is no place in science right now for ID as it is faith based and not fact or evidence based. Then it degenerates into blaming Nazi atrocities on Darwinism. Wow. Just wow. The main focus of this doc is to suggest ID and freedom to speak about it is being suppressed. Fact is...anyone can talk about ID all they want. They can go to church 7 days a week and hear it or preach it. They can do it on a street corner, or hold a conference on it. Noone is stopping them. What you can't do is force a faith based idea with no evidence, on people in school. The reason should be obvious. So this video is definitely propaganda nonsense. Interesting watch though.

I recommend this video (only five minutes) as something to think about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEl9kVl6KPc

Cypher
11-16-2012, 06:06 PM
OK. First 4 aren't on netflix.
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed=first minute or so was good. Then it degenerated into "Poor intelligent design believers are oppressed, they won't let us teach this to your children". The Documentary provides not one shred of evidence of ID, nor can anyone who wants to teach it. There is no place in science right now for ID as it is faith based and not fact or evidence based. Then it degenerates into blaming Nazi atrocities on Darwinism. Wow. Just wow. The main focus of this doc is to suggest ID and freedom to speak about it is being suppressed. Fact is...anyone can talk about ID all they want. They can go to church 7 days a week and hear it or preach it. They can do it on a street corner, or hold a conference on it. Noone is stopping them. What you can't do is force a faith based idea with no evidence, on people in school. The reason should be obvious. So this video is definitely propaganda nonsense. Interesting watch though.

I recommend this video (only five minutes) as something to think about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEl9kVl6KPc

All your doing is stating your opinion. You obviously don't have any intention of seeing the other side, they make very good points in NIA. As you already admitted you watched it one minute and then completely disregarded it.

Neily boy is just shuffling his opinion, the real fact of the matter is no one can prove there is no Intelligent Design.

Stylz
11-16-2012, 06:11 PM
All your doing is stating your opinion. You obviously don't have any intention of seeing the other side, they make very good points in NIA. As you already admitted you watched it one minute and then completely disregarded it.

Neily boy is just shuffling his opinion, the real fact of the matter is no one can prove there is no Intelligent Design.
Just like noone can disprove Santa Clause, or Greek Gods, or hindu gods ect... :)
I have every intention of seeing the other side. I saw the otherside on that doc and it is ridiculous and proved nothing. I.O.U.S.A. is making sense to me.

Bluntforce
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Why don't you get the Documentary Channel? It came with my DirecTV subscription.

slamfire51
11-16-2012, 06:30 PM
So am I a communist or a Muslim? I'm getting mixed feedback here. They are exact opposites. This tactic seems familiar....oh yeah. That's right.

I'm now afraid of opinions nor are other members here, even yours.

So, in your opinion, which are you?

Stylz
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm now afraid of opinions nor are other members here, even yours.

So, in your opinion, which are you?
Neither. Politically independent. Agnostic. Non-racist. I agree with ideals from Libertarians/Democrats/and even some Republicans. In that order.

slamfire51
11-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Neither. Politically independent. Agnostic. Non-racist. I agree with ideals from Libertarians/Democrats/and even some Republicans. In that order.

So....you're something like a Brit subject?

Our Brit members have the same bio.

Oswald Bastable
11-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Idiocracy.

Particularly since it explains so much of today's electorate.

Penguin
11-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't know if any of these are on Netflix or Amazon Prime but I would recomend some of the following,

March of the Penguins. Really good I saw it many times in the theatres. I have the DVD laying around here some where.
The World of Penguins, also really good.
Penguins of the Antartic, not as good as the first two but worth watching.
Emperors of Antartica, about the same as March of the Penguins but, not as well done. If you liked March of the Penguins give that one a shot if not don't bother. I can't seem to find my copy at the moment.

The American Revulotion, it is 10 part serries if I remember right. Been a while since I have watched it.
A More Perfect Union. Very well done it watches more like a movie than a documentry.

Spitfire Ace. Really really good. If you like the old WW2 planes you would probably like it especially if you like the spitfire.

I'm sure there are some other good ones I have laying around here but, those are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Stylz
11-20-2012, 03:55 AM

-Occupy Unmasked
-Hating Breitbart
-I.O.U.S.A.
-Atlas Shrugged
-In The Face Of Evil

And reading material....
-Bible
-The Road to Serfdom
-Basic Economics
-Atlas Shrugged

Occupy Unmasked was a really well done doc. Definitely biased but I enjoyed and it is an eye opener on all accounts and in regards to both sides.
I.O.U.S.A. was very educational as well. Little boring/slow. Can see it being played in economic classes.

Focused Gunfire
11-20-2012, 10:44 AM
I still like Super Sized Me.
Never saw it, but a lot of people love Hoop Dreams.
I never checked all the facts out, but I liked that Waco Rules of Engagements.