PDA

View Full Version : Poly Tech AKS-762 Spiker Help ?!?!

mcwizz
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM

I recently purchased from a local collector a Pre-Ban Unfired in the original box Poly Tech AKS-762 Spiker... This was one of 4 Pre-Ban Chinese AK's I bought from this collector, so I was overwhelmed at the time and didn't study each one of them in detail. After getting home I checked out all of them, they were all good except I noticed a couple of things on the PolyTech AKS-762 Spiker.. (1) There was no serial number marking on the Gas Tube - all the other serial numbers matched fine.. and (2) the front sight post was painted orange on the back side. I asked the original owner about the gas tube, he stated that some were marked others weren't, he didn't have an answer for the orange paint on the front sight post... I am hoping any of you can help me out here. Image attached. Any help / advice would be appreciated..

Thx....

Sergi762
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
The tried and true experts will be here soon but if there is anything i have learned about Chinese rifles in my constant hunt for them it's that with Chinese guns there are no rules. as for the serial numbers , here again the Chinese arsenals that made these where inconsistent.I could be completely wrong though but as I said the AK gurus will be here shortly.

imanaknut
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Although most Poly Techs did have numbered gas tubes, it would not surprise me to see one that doesn't. As long as it has the vent hole in the tube, it probably is original.

As for the front sight post, that was most likely done by a previous owner.

Update, checked a couple of my Chinese gas tubes and neither had numbers on them.

mcwizz
11-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the info... That makes me feel better.... My 2 Norinco's aren't stamped - but I had a PolyTech AKS Side Folder that was stamped on the Gas Tube.. Thanks for the help...

TB215
11-26-2012, 09:32 PM
My Polytech Spiker is weird too! It is a low serial (0700) and DOES NOT have a spring loaded firing pin. The serial number on the bolt matches the rest of the rifle.

I always thought all Polytechs had spring loaded firing pins. Can anyone chime in on this?

imanaknut
11-26-2012, 11:29 PM
TB215, your Poly Tech is normal. Not all of them had spring loaded firing pins. They follow my rule of Chinese AK variants in that the only rule with Chinese AK variants was that there were no rules.