PDA

View Full Version : finished and complete

printerman
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Finished and Complete : No English dictionary has been able to explain adequately the difference between the two words. In a recent linguistic competition held in London, England and attended by the best in the world , Samsundar Balgobin, a
Guyanese man , was the clear winner with a standing ovation which lasted five minutes. Here is the answer that got him an invitation to dine with the Queen , who called him herself after the contest. The final puzzle was this: Explain the difference between "complete" and "finished" in a way that is easy to understand. (Some people say there is no difference)
Here is his astute answer: "When you marry the right person , you are complete. When you marry the wrong person , you are finished. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one , you are completely finished."

cevulirn
11-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Printerman, I think this is the best post you have ever made.

old Grump
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Printerman, I think this is the best post you have ever made.
When you are right you are right. Everybody has to do it right once in awhile but he has been avoiding it like the plague up till now.

Goodman
11-26-2012, 12:58 PM
When you are right you are right. Everybody has to do it right once in awhile but he has been avoiding it like the plague up till now.
Meh. I'm not buying it.
I'm calling you out imposter poster!
Who are you and what have you done with Printerman?? This is far and away better than anything he has posted up to now!

Gunreference1
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
If you do a little searching you'll find the little story on the net.

http://www.jumbojoke.com/whats_the_difference_between_complete_and_finished .html

Just one of many websites stating the same thing.

Steve