PDA

View Full Version : norinco 84s

silentkilla
11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
does 1500 sound right for this rifle???2018

Schuetzenman
11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Well my problem is I've been around these things too long and I remember when that was a $250 buck weapon. So to me it isn't even close to 15 bills in value. If you're in to collection your opinion might vary. Been there done that at a lot lower per unit cost. Regardless of all that I'd think $1200 would be more in line for value. Imanaknut might have other input as he's more into them than I am.

So are you into collection of the Chinese prebans or just looking for AK weapons in general to shoot?

recon
11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
Right now it's kind of high! Depends on how much you really want it.

insider
11-30-2012, 12:13 AM
That's a $900 gun all day long, unless that sucker is still sealed in the plastic, then $1200.

imanaknut
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
I am going to chime in at $1000 plus or minus $100, But there is a catch.

As Schuetzenman noted, when we were younger, the 84S collected dust on the sellers shelves when they were first imported. $250 to $300 was crazy for a Chinese .223 when the AR-15 was the same price. Then came the 1989 stupidity and the prices jumped to $500 and some still sat. Like everything else, they slowly climbed up and when clinton and his congress banned everything Chinese in 1994 or so, prices went up again. Then the scare of obama-messiah pushed the Chinese to new heights, and prices climbed slightly.

Following that, there seem to be a lot of 84S on Gunbroker, and I don't know why as they are one of the most accurate AK variant imported. The problem though is the cost of mags which scares people away, yet sellers demand maximum price for the 84S.

So we come down to this one, new in box it should come with three 30 round mags, but is it worth $1500? Personally I say no way, but then I look back to that $300 one I passed on in 1990. There are a fixed number of them in this country, and as new people get into the sport, the shooters cause the unused ones to become more valuable. Who is to say that in 5 or so years $1500 might seem cheap.

For comparison, about 7 years ago 7.62x39 was selling for $80 a case delivered. Today it is three times that.

You might trying offering $1000 for it and see what happens, but then again if truly new in box, how many do you expect to run into and will the prices continue this silly climb? Will we one day see the bursting of the firearm price bubble?

Hard choice. Too much for me, but like Schuetzenman, I am old school and am having a really hard time with the prices people are asking for what truly are rare imported AK variants due to illegal bans, and what some people are actually willing to pay.

Sorry for the long answer, but I just wanted to be as honest and open to you about my feelings as I have seen prices going up beyond my wildest dream on firearms that at one time collected dust on dealer shelves, yet they are.

Helen Keller
11-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Other than hard-up collector value.

I'd never pay $1500 for an AK since I would have to shoot it.

wish I woulda kept my NIB norinco bullpups.... coulda really cashed in.

imanaknut
11-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Very interesting! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=318872635

silentkilla
11-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Well my problem is I've been around these things too long and I remember when that was a $250 buck weapon. So to me it isn't even close to 15 bills in value. If you're in to collection your opinion might vary. Been there done that at a lot lower per unit cost. Regardless of all that I'd think $1200 would be more in line for value. Imanaknut might have other input as he's more into them than I am.

So are you into collection of the Chinese prebans or just looking for AK weapons in general to shoot?

my good buddy aknut has got me hooked!!!lol yes sir i love prebans with a passion, just don't want to go and buy something that is way over priced. i thought it might be a little high

silentkilla
11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
I am going to chime in at $1000 plus or minus $100, But there is a catch.

As Schuetzenman noted, when we were younger, the 84S collected dust on the sellers shelves when they were first imported. $250 to $300 was crazy for a Chinese .223 when the AR-15 was the same price. Then came the 1989 stupidity and the prices jumped to $500 and some still sat. Like everything else, they slowly climbed up and when clinton and his congress banned everything Chinese in 1994 or so, prices went up again. Then the scare of obama-messiah pushed the Chinese to new heights, and prices climbed slightly.

Following that, there seem to be a lot of 84S on Gunbroker, and I don't know why as they are one of the most accurate AK variant imported. The problem though is the cost of mags which scares people away, yet sellers demand maximum price for the 84S.

So we come down to this one, new in box it should come with three 30 round mags, but is it worth $1500? Personally I say no way, but then I look back to that $300 one I passed on in 1990. There are a fixed number of them in this country, and as new people get into the sport, the shooters cause the unused ones to become more valuable. Who is to say that in 5 or so years $1500 might seem cheap.

For comparison, about 7 years ago 7.62x39 was selling for $80 a case delivered. Today it is three times that.

You might trying offering $1000 for it and see what happens, but then again if truly new in box, how many do you expect to run into and will the prices continue this silly climb? Will we one day see the bursting of the firearm price bubble?

Hard choice. Too much for me, but like Schuetzenman, I am old school and am having a really hard time with the prices people are asking for what truly are rare imported AK variants due to illegal bans, and what some people are actually willing to pay.

Sorry for the long answer, but I just wanted to be as honest and open to you about my feelings as I have seen prices going up beyond my wildest dream on firearms that at one time collected dust on dealer shelves, yet they are.

by all means aknut thank you for your honest answer, that is what i needed thank you again buddy

silentkilla
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Very interesting! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=318872635

what all do you see??? change your mind??

imanaknut
11-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Look closely at the picture in Gunbroker, and the picture you posted with the Armslist tag. They appear to be the same photo.

TB215
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
You can get a Polytech Spiker for $1500!

Please do not pay $1500 for a 84S.

I collect Chicoms and refuse to get the 84S.

Schuetzenman
11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Look closely at the picture in Gunbroker, and the picture you posted with the Armslist tag. They appear to be the same photo.

That's what I thought when I saw your link. Either 1) he's listed it in two places or 2) this could be one of those vapor ware weapon auctions ... a scam in other words.

silentkilla
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
yes it sure is the same gun, whats weird is he is asking 1500 on armslist and buy now for 18 something on gunbroker and the reserve is still not met. what is up you guys think? scam?, or someone thinks they have a chunk of gold???

silentkilla
11-30-2012, 09:19 PM
You can get a Polytech Spiker for $1500!

Please do not pay $1500 for a 84S.

I collect Chicoms and refuse to get the 84S.

don't worry bud, i'm not just posting because i thought the price did not seem right at all. not paying 1500 when i got a chiak a month ago for 300 and a 75rd drum and 3 slabside mags, lol i'd be crazy!!!