PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Christmas Drink?

rci2950
12-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Coffee with a candy cane in it? Rum and Egg nog? Hot apple Cider?

Right now I am enjoying the coffee and candy cane but later I may have the rum and eggnog.

I got the christmas spirit flowing already. Wife has Bing Crosby vinyl playing in the rec room on the old stereo... Tree is up. Everything is good.

alismith
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
My favorite is egg nog. Just plain old egg nog. Nothing added. My wife's mother used to put some kind of whiskey in hers and but I hated it. Totally messed up the flavor. Plain egg nog is fine just the way it is.:thumbsup:

GreenhawK
12-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Apple Pie Moonshine. It will definitely warm you up on a cold day.

FunkyPertwee
12-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Plain old Egg nog. I drink the shit out of it.

Shiner Cheer, one of my favorite seasonal beers. New Belgian 1554.

Raspberry Lambic mixed into white wheat beer, such as Sierra Nevada Kellerweis, is AWESOME!

Helen Keller
12-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Would really like if they brought pepsi holiday spice back , that with a good rum is very nice.

cranberry sierra mist with disaronno is good too.

silentkilla
12-02-2012, 02:16 PM

:amen: brother me too!!!

Bluntforce
12-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Egg nog, hot apple cider is not big down here but I like it. Egg nog is my favorite.

silentkilla
12-02-2012, 03:27 PM

was going on greenhawk?? hell man we are neighbors, i live in trinity al

silentkilla
12-02-2012, 03:29 PM
so wheres that apple pie shine at??? lol

coppertales
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
A martini with a peminto stuffed olive, red and green......chris3

TEN-32
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Tom n Jerry

Richard Simmons
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
My favorite is egg nog. Just plain old egg nog. Nothing added. My wife's mother used to put some kind of whiskey in hers and but I hated it. Totally messed up the flavor. Plain egg nog is fine just the way it is.:thumbsup:

+1 Me too, plain egg nog just says Christmas to me.

Oswald Bastable
12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Shiner Cheer, one of my favorite seasonal beers.

Drinking a Sam Adams Winter Lager right now...very nummy.

I also like Egg Nog with rum, but this year I found something I hadn't seen before...Holiday Custard...kind of an Egg Nog on steroids...now that with rum is awesome!

Charliebravo
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Straight Jim Beam Black. Then again, that's my favorite 4th of July drink as well. And Halloween, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Easter, etc.

T2K
12-03-2012, 01:13 AM
So, for New Year's Eve, you like a lite beer, I imagine?

For me - egg nog with some type of rum or whisky works. Also, spiced wine as practice in Northern Europe is seasonal too.

old Grump
12-03-2012, 01:58 AM
When I was a drinking man it was hot buttered rum over any other drink. No matter how cold you was when you came in from outside that drink cheered me up from the inside all the way to my outside, Today I do it with coffee laced with chocolate and cinnamon and while it's good it isn't the same.

TEN-32
12-03-2012, 07:45 AM
When I was a drinking man it was hot buttered rum over any other drink. No matter how cold you was when you came in from outside that drink cheered me up from the inside all the way to my outside, Today I do it with coffee laced with chocolate and cinnamon and while it's good it isn't the same.

Must be the butter...:tongue:

El Jefe
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, if you can find it.

That or bourbon, or maybe with a bourbon.

old Grump
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Must be the butter...:tongue:http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5667.html
Actually for me it was the rum, ice cream and nutmeg that really made it for me.

BISHOP
12-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Egg Nog. Plain egg nog, not mixed. Up here we have a brand called Oakhurst and that is the ONLY kind I like. You can see the spices in the nog.

Other than that, anything mixed with Pepsi on the rocks.

BISHOP

N/A
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Up her ewe

BISHOP

That's one funny typo.....

Krupski
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Coffee with a candy cane in it? Rum and Egg nog? Hot apple Cider?

Right now I am enjoying the coffee and candy cane but later I may have the rum and eggnog.

I got the christmas spirit flowing already. Wife has Bing Crosby vinyl playing in the rec room on the old stereo... Tree is up. Everything is good.

Cafe Americano. In case you don't know what that is... Cafe Americano is a shot of espresso mixed with hot water to "dilute" it to American drip coffee strength.

If you don't know the difference between espresso and 5 hour perked sludge (or if you think it's pronounced "expresso"), then don't comment, since you won't know what you're talking about.

:)

(edit to add): I can't drink alcohol... makes me sick.

rci2950
12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
If you don't know the difference between espresso and 5 hour perked sludge (or if you think it's pronounced "expresso"), then don't comment, since you won't know what you're talking about.

:)

I get a Cafe Americano every once in a while from Starbucks. it is pretty good. The Starbucks barista suggested it to me one day when I was stationed in Victoria. They provided really good service at that location. I went there enough that they knew what I wanted as soon as I stepped up to the counter. I am a big fan of everything related to coffee and tea. My favourite ground coffee is Trung Nguyên (drip). I own a Keurig machine, a Bosch T-disc machine, a regular drip coffee machine, a stove top vintage coffee perk, a plug in coffee perk, a Delonghi Espresso machine, a stove top aluminum no name italian espresso maker and lastly an Arabic coffee pot. (if you like espresso and have not tried Arabic coffee your missing a real treat, it is really something when enjoyed with proper turkish delight) i wont even get into how far my tea collection has gone. But it does include multiple pots and many processing types ordered online from China. By tea i mean Camellia Sinensis not herbal infusions. lastly I do drink and collect pu-erh. So Krupski do i know enough to comment?

most of the time now at home i will only use a china cup and only scoop/stir with sterling... is that bad...

Yes OCD runs in my family...

:crazy:

raxar
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Would really like if they brought pepsi holiday spice back , that with a good rum is very nice.

+1, I miss that stuff a lot.

blacksheep
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Scotch...............

Dr. Gonzo GED
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Nuther nogg man right here. I don't like to spike it either. Call me crazy, but I just like it as is. I can also only handle but a couple cups a year for some reason. If I buy a quart I can't finish it by myself before it goes bad, but I can never seem to make it through december without buying one anyways.

AFA alcoholic beverages go;

Hot Chocolate with Rumple Mintz. It's waaaaaaay better than it should be.

Mulled cider. (Also great without the booze)

Hot Totti. (Many different recipies for this classic, but I like the ones based on bourbon with honey and lemon myself.)

slamfire51
12-04-2012, 09:15 PM

DITTO 100%
Love the stuff.
Kinda rich for drinking more than a cup at a time though.

FunkyPertwee
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I also like Egg Nog with rum, but this year I found something I hadn't seen before...Holiday Custard...kind of an Egg Nog on steroids...now that with rum is awesome!

Holiday Custard is good, but its lack of spices makes it a bit boring for me. It reminds me of melted vanilla ice cream. I think I would prefer a chocolate version.

If you've never tried pumpkin egg nog, give it a shot. It rocks!

And I'm not kidding about my love for egg nog. I chug it! I wish it were available year-round.

rci2950
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
And I'm not kidding about my love for egg nog. I chug it! I wish it were available year-round.

It is available year round where i live.

odd thing about that... I noticed this around the same time i noticed cadbury eggs are now available year round...

Oswald Bastable
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I noticed this around the same time i noticed cadbury eggs are now available year round...

Unfortunately, Cadbury Eggs aren't what they used to be. They changed the composition of the white/yolk some years ago, and it's never been as good since.

FunkyPertwee
12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
It is available year round where i live.

odd thing about that... I noticed this around the same time i noticed cadbury eggs are now available year round...

Canada has got some weird manufactured food options. Lots of flavors we don't have, and year round availability of seasonal flavors.