PDA

View Full Version : #4 MK1

teck78
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I must of got the Enfield bug, yesterday I picked up a #4 MK1 but this states US PROPERTY? It has been sporterized :( but the bolt matches and in good shape. Does anyone know where I can pick up the original stock parts to make it look like it should with out spending a gillion dollars. Yesterday at a local gun show they wanted $60 for a mag, and the cheapest Enfield was 275 and pretty beat. one thing that I thought was interesting was a JC that was in good shpae but, the one i have is better that sold for $750. Do not know if this #4 MK1 is worth the trouble of making it right... so who knows I might want to sell it for what I paid.
Thanks in advance
T

Schuetzenman
12-02-2012, 05:52 PM
US Property marked is a Savage Arms built No. 4 Mk I. Try Numerich Arms and Sprinfield Sporters for the stock. Mags wise, I think I have a few laying around that I could go $25 on Plus $6 delivered. http://www.ssporters.com/ found these at Sprinfield Sporters on line; FOREARM, NEW, BEECHWOOD, BRITISH (FAZ) $50.00, BUTT STOCK, NEW LONGBRANCH, BEECH, NORMAL LENGTH $10.00, HANDGUARD, FRONT, BEECHWOOD, NEW $6.00, HANDGUARD, FRONT, BEACH NEW LONGBRANCH $20.00, HANDGUARD, REAR, BEECHWOOD, NEW $6.00

teck78
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Is this rifle worth any more or less because it was made here in the States? Schuetzenman thank you for the information on the parts
T

O.S.O.K.
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
It would be worth some more as a collector but it's been hacked on. If the metal has been left alone, you could get a proper, unsportered stock for it but you'd probably put more money into it than it'd be worth after being restored... need the stock parts too.

I'd just enjoy it as a shooter :)

teck78
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
It is missing the front sight cover and well the wood so I guess and band that holds it all together. I think it would be a nice project. The metal is in great shape. thanks again
T

Schuetzenman
12-03-2012, 08:54 PM
It is missing the front sight cover and well the wood so I guess and band that holds it all together. I think it would be a nice project. The metal is in great shape. thanks again
T

A Savage Arms made No. 4 Mk I is one of the more desireable ones, they hold good value. Granted yours has been improved by Bubba, (rolling eyes here) but still I think you can restore it with parts from Sprinfield sporters and still not break the bank. It would of had a birch stock vs. walnut more than likely so that will make it easier to restore. Sight protector a nose cap and the barrel band isn't going to be a fortune. Go click the link and look through the list.