PDA

View Full Version : Strange screw and nut on Norinco Hunter?

greenriver762
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone, I have a question about a fine threaded flat head screw and a completly round nut with a flat head screw driver cut in it. I hope someone ran into this at some point over the years because I have no idea wero find these or get them. So its my fathers norinco hunter rifle he got back in the early '80s for dirt cheap practicaly brand new and hardly shot it. It's a beautiful ak, milled reciever, dark wood in almost perfect shape, original norinco 30rd mags and sling. Any way he loves this rifle and has had it for years, and the front handle whick is one piece and looks like a saigas front handle has these two weird screw in it. Well one day last summer my father let me borrow it to go out shooing with a buddy and we were in the swamps shooting then all of a sudden I noticed the front handle sliding forwards and one of the nut/bolts were gone!? So I told him and a few weeks later I went to the local gun shows and found something similar that would work but not the original. I have also asked friends and a bunch of local gun shops and no one knows anything :(. I would like to find an original for him since he loves that rifle so much and as well do I. Il try to upload pictures of the original nut and screw when I get over to my parents this week for a visit. Please help! Thank you!!

silentkilla
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
there are two guys on here that can help you out, i'm sure of it! el laton and imanaknut they will be along shortly. i know them to well and are experts on the norinco rifle line

greenriver762
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Awsome, thank you! I think i've looked everywhere an no luck anywhere! Its just such a strange piece and my father and I would perfer to keep it 100% original as possible. We can make something fit no problem, but dont want to ruin the wood or mark anything up.