PDA

View Full Version : A gun show find :)

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Now this does not look impressive at all, cheap plastic, weird form, yet, for me it was a blast form a past, literally:)
I remember buying those at the Soviet sports store for less than a rouble and using the crap out of it on the camping trips. Steel is pretty shitty, it does not hold an edge that well at all (too soft) but damn it was useful:) When I stumbled across that thing at a gun show I had to have it...$7 dollar piece of a childhood memories:)
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=252
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=253

AKTexas
09-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Now this does not look impressive at all, cheap plastic, weird form, yet, for me it was a blast form a past, literally:)
I remember buying those at the Soviet sports store for less than a rouble and using the crap out of it on the camping trips. Steel is pretty shitty, it does not hold an edge that well at all (too soft) but damn it was useful:) When I stumbled across that thing at a gun show I had to have it...$7 dollar piece of a childhood memories:)
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=252
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=253

That is cool.

aliceinchains
09-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Kinda reminds me of neptunes fork. I think it is cool! How much is a ruble?

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Kinda reminds me of neptunes fork. I think it is cool! How much is a ruble?

Back then it was 1 to 1-ish :) Early-mid 80s...
Now its $1 to about 30 rubles....

vit
09-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I remember those, neat find.

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I remember those, neat find.

I know man, when i saw it in the pile of old knifes I felt like I was in a time warp:)

Penguin
09-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Never seen one before. Seems like an odd thing to see at a gun show. Glad you saw it though.

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Never seen one before. Seems like an odd thing to see at a gun show. Glad you saw it though.

Outside o ffinding this jem, it was, probably, the sadest gun show I have ever been to...:( Austin, as much as I like other aspects of the city, sucked the life out of it...looks like I will have to go down to San Antonio if I want to see a gun show....That one was a *&^&*%*.... it freaking sucked balls...I really hope it gets better for us here....

aliceinchains
09-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Outside o ffinding this jem, it was, probably, the sadest gun show I have ever been to...:( Austin, as much as I like other aspects of the city, sucked the life out of it...looks like I will have to go down to San Antonio if I want to see a gun show....That one was a *&^&*%*.... it freaking sucked balls...I really hope it gets better for us here....

So it was retail prices what you could get at the local gunshop?

ubersoldate
09-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Haha! Sweet!

ubersoldate
09-03-2010, 11:26 PM

Yea that one I met you at a few times was rather strange...Small....Alot of beef jerky.....
The DFW shows back in the day were HUGE...
Funny thing, I shot that bag of tracer ammo I bought that day just last week!

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
So it was retail prices what you could get at the local gunshop?

Not just that, it was empty, to say the least. They have moved it to a new location, but there were no dealers. In fact, there may have been a few tables with guns, but, may be one tenth of what it was a year ago. Empty and sad. Some collectors, some camo, some food stuff...but none of the area dealers...none...SAD!!!!

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Yea that one I met you at a few times was rather strange...Small....Alot of beef jerky.....
The DFW shows back in the day were HUGE...
Funny thing, I shot that bag of tracer ammo I bought that day just last week!
Nice:) Way to keep the ammo:) Dude, this one was ten times smaller...I brought a friend from Russia so that he could see what a gun show is and I was greatly dissapointed...we would have been better off if we went to McBrides...

Penguin
09-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Well sorry to hear that the gun shows are going down hill over there. They haven't been all that great around here lately either. The only reason I really go any more is to buy a ton of books from that one book dealer. If it wasn't for him I would probably just order my ammo online. I basicly just buy books and ammo at the shows any more.

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Well sorry to hear that the gun shows are going down hill over there. They haven't been all that great around here lately either. The only reason I really go any more is to buy a ton of books from that one book dealer. If it wasn't for him I would probably just order my ammo online. I basicly just buy books and ammo at the shows any more.
I am with you. It is sad to see it happen. Hell, at Austins "gun" show, there were not much ammo either...At this point I have switched to online ammo shopping, unless something happens our gun show is pretty much worthless, unless you are looking for tee shirts, salsa, coins and electronic cigarretes..