PDA

View Full Version : Reloading supplies starting to dry up now.

L1A1Rocker
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Popped over to Powder Valley just to look and see. Lots of powder available still but primers are drying up fast. If you're looking for small rifle primers right now you're screwed!

AKTexas
12-18-2012, 06:44 PM
The frenzy is on, time to hold onto your supplies and shoot cheap.

silentkilla
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
yeah i know! thats some bull crap

L1A1Rocker
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Yep, I just got in 17,000 various primers Saturday!

silentkilla
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
hey rocker, want to come off some of those beauties??

FunkyPertwee
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM

+1

Dont buy unless you have to, hang on to what you got.

We got through this four years ago and we can do it again.

O.S.O.K.
12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know - things are different this time. I personally have enough that I won't pay inflated prices but I think it's a good idea to stock up if you can get decent prices and find what you want.

It's only going to get worse - more and more people are just now getting into reloading - fearing some kind of factory ammo restrictions - and for good reasons!

L1A1Rocker
12-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't know - things are different this time. I personally have enough that I won't pay inflated prices but I think it's a good idea to stock up if you can get decent prices and find what you want.

It's only going to get worse - more and more people are just now getting into reloading - fearing some kind of factory ammo restrictions - and for good reasons!

The only thing I think I'm lacking right now is enough 223 brass to make 300BLK from and powder for supersonic 300BLK as I haven't started working up a good load for it. I'm still waiting (well over a year now) on a custom mold that I think will be ideal for supersonic 300BLK.

Schuetzenman
01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
The only thing I think I'm lacking right now is enough 223 brass to make 300BLK from and powder for supersonic 300BLK as I haven't started working up a good load for it. I'm still waiting (well over a year now) on a custom mold that I think will be ideal for supersonic 300BLK.

Super Sonic or Sub Sonic? You wanting to push cast bullets fast, gotta be gas checked then I'd think.

L1A1Rocker
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Super Sonic or Sub Sonic? You wanting to push cast bullets fast, gotta be gas checked then I'd think.

I've got my sub sonic loads worked out. Now I'm waiting on that mold for the supersonic. Yes, I've also got a checkmaker for making 30 cal gas checks. I'm starting to consider another option on this though. I think I'll get with a friend and maybe work on a slightly differnt design and send it over to accurate molds and have them make the mold - then send it out for hollow pointing. It'll be more expinsive that way but at least I'll have it.