PDA

View Full Version : Norinco mac-90 evil 3rd pin..

tslater
12-19-2012, 11:22 PM
So saw nice under folder mac-90 at gun show and noticed the 3rd pin. i could of sworn back in the day i seen stuff on Atf about them being illegal. now can not find a thing on there web site. so after a long look on line cant find anything current. and a week of trying to call the ATF finally got thru, they said as long as its 100% original as imported its legal. after hearing that we trying to get a hold of him again to see if can get in writing what do you guys think?

imanaknut
12-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

ATF's stand has always been "once a machine gun, always a machine gun". That said, if your local agent is willing to put it in writing that the three pin MAK-90 is now legal, just remember that if you buy it, keep the letter with it and when the rest of ATF decides no it is not legal, be ready to give up the firearm and possibly have enough money on hand for a lawyer retainer.

Personally, as much as we still have a constitution that states something about not being infringed, even with a letter from a local agent, it isn't worth the risk.

tslater
12-19-2012, 11:31 PM
yeah but what about the sear cut fals, open bolt mac's and kg-9's probably more cant think of.

imanaknut
12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
You asked for my opinion, I gave it. I can't and won't argue what ATF rules for or against because as far as I am concerned all firearms are legal per the supreme law of the land. Unfortunately ATF has more money and better firepower than I do, so as much as I don't agree with them I will follow their law.

tslater
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
yes thank you very much for your opinion thats why i asked for it about others. why one but not all? but your right the atf is going to do what it wants

cevulirn
12-20-2012, 08:25 AM
3rd pin = not worth the risk.

Schuetzenman
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
ATF did recall 3 pin Cinese AK's that got imported. They sent agents out to try and sweep for them. They missed quite a few based on the one's I keep seeing here and there. One I got to take the top cover off even had the slot for the autosear in the rails.