PDA

View Full Version : Saudia Arabia declares fatwa on fatwas...

Oswald Bastable
09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
I shit you not!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/04/saudi-telecom-shuts-websites-violating-royal-decree-limiting-fatwas-senior/

Saudi Arabia's telecom regulator has shut down three websites that were violating a government decree limiting the issuance of religious edicts to the country's most senior group of clerics, authorities said Saturday.

Rest of the story at the link, but I couldn't resist the inherent hypocrisy within. :)

davepool
09-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Once again the big guy screws the little guy, that 3 bucks a message was probably bringing in a nice chunk of change :)

HDR
09-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Among those breaking the ban are clerics who offer fatwas via text messages, some for as much as $3 per message, al-Shihri said. Regulators have already started barring such services.
Last month, Saudi authorities issued the first public reprimand following the royal decree, telling a conservative cleric to stop giving unauthorized edicts after he called for a boycott of a supermarket chain that employs women as cashiers.A Muslim could pay $3 and for a fatwa which requires pious Muslims to boycott a chain of stores who hires women?

That is totally alien to a westerner...

A law that says deliberately beating someone to death is a hate crime only if certain conditions are met is pretty alien also.

Btw, isn't what Rev. Wright preaches similar to a fatwa against whites?

matshock
09-05-2010, 09:51 AM
A Muslim could pay $3 and for a fatwa which requires pious Muslims to boycott a chain of stores who hires women?

That is totally alien to a westerner...

A law that says deliberately beating someone to death is a hate crime only if certain conditions are met is pretty alien also.

Btw, isn't what Rev. Wright preaches similar to a fatwa against whites?

Yes- modern day Pharisees. They substitute the wisdom of God with the wisdom of man in order to lay burdens, extort, and gain places of honor for themselves.

I would not want to be any of those when the heavens part.