PDA

View Full Version : Need insight on my M10

Burton089
12-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I bought an M10 Romanian Ak47 variant about 4 months ago. I want to start out by saying it love it, first gun purchase and I have been throughly enjoying it. Here lies the issue im dealing with.... I have put about 2000 rounds through it and it started double firing... I took apart the FCG and noticed the disconnector was badly damaged... I've since replaced the disconnector with the same model (g2 single hook). I've shot another 400 rounds with the new disconnector and its already showing signs of abuse... At this rate ill be replacing a disconnector every 2000-3000 rounds due to it being destroyed and to make sure I don't have double fires...

This is not normal I assume/hope... The bolt literally hits the disconnector on its way back and is destroying it. Are the g2 disconnectors a weak metal/product? I'm thinking next time I need to replace it (within 2 months) ill purchase a red star arms brand due to the warranty. Ultimately I want to stop my gun from destroying these disconnectors... Anyone have any insight or know why this is happening? My next step is to take it to a gunsmith for answers but thought I'd try here first. Thanks!

imanaknut
12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

My 2 cents is to find an original Romanian disconnector and try it. It is strange that you are having issues with the disconnector, but anything is possible. I have a Romanian SAR-1 that still has the original Century trigger group, before they went to the G2 and amazingly after 14,000 rounds it is still in very good condition.

If you continue having issues with the disconnector, it might be an alignment problem within the receiver and at that point, like you said, taking it to a gunsmith who knows the AK to be checked out would be a smart thing to do.