PDA

View Full Version : Single Stack In Double Stack Rifle

Turtle
12-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Will 10 Round single stack mags work in my SAR-1?

imanaknut
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

I would guess that you would have to make sure you inserted the mag perfectly in line with the bolt travel, but since I have never tried it, I can't say for sure it wouldn't work.

jojo
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
If you built up the sides of the magazine housing to compensate for the difference between the double stack. It should work.

Schuetzenman
01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
If you built up the sides of the magazine housing to compensate for the difference between the double stack. It should work.

This would be the only way IMO. Spacers to make it the same width as a double stack to keep it centered otherwise, shouldn't work / reliably. Recoil I'd think would shake it around until it probably would go diagonal and the bolt would no longer catch the round, probably jam on the feed lips.

imanaknut
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
OK, just tried it and jojo is right, you need side plates of some sort to center it as it can and does slip off to one side or the other.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
This would be the only way IMO. Spacers to make it the same width as a double stack to keep it centered otherwise, shouldn't work / reliably. Recoil I'd think would shake it around until it probably would go diagonal and the bolt would no longer catch the round, probably jam on the feed lips.

OK, just tried it and jojo is right, you need side plates of some sort to center it as it can and does slip off to one side or the other.

Sounds like an enterprising sort might be able to mass produce an adapter for fun and profit.

imanaknut
01-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Not worth it. Having an ATF approved AK/AKM with a standard magwell means I can use standard AK/AKM mags. Don't need no stinkin' single stack clinton mags.

:D :D :D :D