PDA

View Full Version : How Has The Reloading World Been Hit By Firearmageddon?

Focused Gunfire
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Reloaders sound off on the prices of components. Have you seen a change in price? I am talking about lead, molds, presses, primers, cases, pre-made bullets, powder, and other tools you might need to reload.

Schuetzenman
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Reloaders sound off on the prices of components. Have you seen a change in price? I am talking about lead, molds, presses, primers, cases, pre-made bullets, powder, and other tools you might need to reload.

You mean for this current mad rush? I'm sure it will come to be, increases I mean. I can tell you that most of the places I know of have little to no inventory in stock. They also have posted massive delays in shipping from 2 to 3 weeks in most cases. As happened in 2008 to 2009 prices will probably spike. Should nothing come of any antigun legislation prices will go down gradually, but it could take 2 years to see them bottom back out. If you don't have your stuff NOW, you're already too late I'm afraid.

Focused Gunfire
12-31-2012, 09:51 PM
So even reloading is on the rise. Is there any place not hit by this? For now it would seem, from what you said, that the price is the same, but the goods are just not there.

nikko
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
people are going to lose their asses on black rifles and mags, just like they did the last time and the time before that. either it will all blow over, or it's ww3 and either way, you aint going to have much use for lots of guns or ammo. :-) certainly not at 3x the normal price. Stupid people deserve to lose their money, actually. if it's going to be a fight, all you need is a xbow to get a cop;'s pistol, silence it and use it to get a soldier's M16, silence that and go after the tyrants themselves. no big deal, won't take long, either. they are cowards at heart. Waco proved that.

AK again
01-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I was checking on .300 Blk components (my dad has offered to reload for me -- my attention span is not conducive to reloading) and the places I've checked are pretty much empty of reloading components.

binky59
01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Seems like it's powder and primers that are in short supply. Lead is easy to get
if you cast your own bullets. Everything is selling out no matter what the price.
If a ban comes get ready for price jumps on pump shotguns, bolt action rifles,
and wheel guns.

old Grump
01-01-2013, 08:45 PM
people are going to lose their asses on black rifles and mags, just like they did the last time and the time before that. either it will all blow over, or it's ww3 and either way, you aint going to have much use for lots of guns or ammo. :-) certainly not at 3x the normal price. Stupid people deserve to lose their money, actually. if it's going to be a fight, all you need is a xbow to get a cop;'s pistol, silence it and use it to get a soldier's M16, silence that and go after the tyrants themselves. no big deal, won't take long, either. they are cowards at heart. Waco proved that.Good going moron, advocate shooting policemen and stealing guns. You are the stupidest thing on two legs. Guess who is the first one to lose it if the balloon goes up, assuming anybody can find the basement you are hiding in.

silentkilla
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
damn! your on him an't you grump,lol

Schuetzenman
01-02-2013, 12:09 AM
damn! your on him an't you grump,lol

He needs to be. Every post he makes, (nikko) gets more outrageous than the one before it.

Schuetzenman
01-02-2013, 12:15 AM
So even reloading is on the rise. Is there any place not hit by this? For now it would seem, from what you said, that the price is the same, but the goods are just not there.

Right, for now the costs haven't been jacked up but the components are sold out. Rise in reloading, I think for the most part no, not an increase. It is the people that already reload stocking up. I've always marveled at how few gun owners do reload and how most gun owners think they are well stocked if they have 2 boxes of ammo for any weapon they own. They don't practice or practice much and to shoot a whole box of ammo is like ... wowzer to them, meaning a big deal. From when I was an 01 dealer I'd say less than 1 in 20 gun owners do any reloading and only 1 in 50 are really into it.

L1A1Rocker
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
people are going to lose their asses on black rifles and mags, just like they did the last time and the time before that. either it will all blow over, or it's ww3 and either way, you aint going to have much use for lots of guns or ammo. :-) certainly not at 3x the normal price. Stupid people deserve to lose their money, actually. if it's going to be a fight, all you need is a xbow to get a cop;'s pistol, silence it and use it to get a soldier's M16, silence that and go after the tyrants themselves. no big deal, won't take long, either. they are cowards at heart. Waco proved that.

WTF kind of post is this? Really?! Besides the illegal activity you're advocating do you really think that making a silencer is "no big deal (and) won't take long"???!! Did you get that from watching a Steven Seagal movie?

Schuetzenman
01-02-2013, 11:46 AM
WTF kind of post is this? Really?! Besides the illegal activity you're advocating do you really think that making a silencer is "no big deal (and) won't take long"???!! Did you get that from watching a Steven Seagal movie?

Haha, lol, probably thinks you can use a 2 liter soda bottle on a centerfire too!

Faulkner
01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
In reality, true reloaders don't freak out everytime there is some kind of artificial spike in component prices. Most of us buy in bulk and we stock up (yes, maybe even hoard) during the stable periods between the crisis which cause runs on guns & ammo.

There's a name for people who are out panic buying guns and ammo and reloading components right now. They're called "unprepared".

Schuetzenman
01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
There's a name for people who are out panic buying guns and ammo and reloading components right now. They're called "unprepared".

I call them suckers!