PDA

View Full Version : The key question, will the house cave and compromise

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Some form of draconian gun bill will pass the senate. Reid is determined. He is looking for a swan song moment to close his career. All the stops will be pulled out, including the nuclear option.

So the key question, will the house compromise. Will they ban mags greater than 10 rounds, limit private sales, or go down the path of official registration? Boehner has already demonstrated the ability to cave. Worse, more than a few so called stallwart A grades are already putting their fingers up and testing the wind. The washington belt way insider opinnion is that some form of compromise will be reached.

What can we do the limit this? Obviously sending protest letters his a minimal affect, and threatening to vote them out of office in the next election cycle seems so far away.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
If the House Republicans know what's good for them, they won't even let it out of committee. I'm truly done if they cave. I'll let the Dems win and they can start the revolution as far as I'm concerned.

sevlex
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
We shall see. Boehner got burned badly in the fiscal cliff negotiations. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and won't be in the mood to compromise anymore.

slamfire51
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
What's with all this 'behind closed door negotiations'?
Is there not a 'Sunshine Law' that prevents this.
They represent US, so why not let the American people know what is being discussed?

Cypher
01-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Whats the currents status of this nonsense? When will it be introduced to be voted on?

IMO the best thing we can do is scream long and loud, write letters to all your reps every week. When masses of people complain then it makes them listen. Letters that state you will not vote for them if they support a gun ban is also a good idea IMO.

weevil
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
The Dems hold the presidency and the Senate.

The Repubs hold the House by a very slim margin. All it will take is a few blue-state RINOs to carry a ban.

Don't count on letters and public opinion stopping it, remember Obamacare the public howled to high heaven and a lot of reps were voted out when election time rolled around but it still passed and it's still the law.

If Boehner caves in and it comes to a vote we're in trouble. Look for an early push they're gonna want to get it passed as soon as possible in the hopes all will be forgotten when the elections roll around in two years.

Helen Keller
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm truly done if they cave. I'll let the Dems win and they can start the revolution as far as I'm concerned.

GOOD, These so called "Leaders" and "VOICES" of the people are weak and selfish minded.

Helen Keller
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
From Fox.

Boehner has made it clear to his conference that there will be no more one-on-one negotiating with Obama about big deals and no more Democratic-majority bills allowed to slip through the House.

I'm betting now that he's won he's going to get nasty.

number6
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Philip Van Cleave, president of the VCDL sent out this alert. For those that don't know, the VCDL is the 800 pound gorilla for gun owner rights in the state of Virginia.
Easier to click on the link below to read the email message. The Republicans in congress are running scared in light of the actions of an insane man. It looks like they will sell us out.

URGENT! Congressional Republicans to double-cross gun owners?
Many of you may remember Richmond talk show host, Doc Thompson. He currently has a radio show in Michigan. Much like me, he gets some "inside" information from time-to-time.

He has received a communication between a friend and someone in the Republican Party leadership. That communication is troubling as it says the congressional Republicans are seriously considering selling out gun owners to "seem reasonable."

They are considering a magazine ban, changes to background checks, and more.

Here is a link to the email with redactions to protect the sources:

http://docthompsonshow.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/the-republicans-have-already-given-in/

URGENT ACTION ITEM

We need to contact ALL of our members of Congress and let them know that NO MORE GUN CONTROL OF ANY SORT WILL BE ACCEPTABLE and that we WILL be watching how they vote on our rights !

weevil
01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
He has received a communication between a friend and someone in the Republican Party leadership. That communication is troubling as it says the congressional Republicans are seriously considering selling out gun owners to "seem reasonable."

They are considering a magazine ban, changes to background checks, and more.

We need to contact ALL of our members of Congress and let them know that NO MORE GUN CONTROL OF ANY SORT WILL BE ACCEPTABLE and that we WILL be watching how they vote on our rights !

If they've decided to sell us out then they already know we're not gonna be happy about it.

If a fix is already in the works all the e-mails and letters in the world aren't going to change anything.

Oh I suppose it nevers hurts to try but if the Repubs have made a deal with the devil then they already are aware of the possible repurcussions from the voters.

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Well my fears are being confirmed. Another potential cave in is in the works, and law abiding citizens will suffer yet again.

Helen Keller
01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Well my fears are being confirmed. Another potential cave in is in the works, and law abiding citizens will suffer yet again.

possibly for the last time.

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Its a little early yet to start making threats or warnings. I am planning on just hunkering down and not being the nail that sticks out.

Helen Keller
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Its a little early yet to start making threats or warnings. I am planning on just hunkering down and not being the nail that sticks out.

While they can propose/threaten us with jail/uncertain fate all fuckin day long.

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
There are ways of doing things and grandstanding on public forums monitored by alphabet soup agencies is not one of them. I am all of Louis armstrong smiles and opsec.

Helen Keller
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
There are ways of doing things and grandstanding on public forums monitored by alphabet soup agencies is not one of them. I am all of Louis armstrong smiles and opsec.

Just stating the obvious.
We know who our grandstanders are here.

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Kool

imanaknut
01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
If I had a crystal ball to be able to accurately answer these questions, I would not be worrying about it because I would have won several lotteries and be living on an island accessible only by helicopter or yacht.

O.S.O.K.
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
First of all, there are 50 more republicans in the house than dimocrats. That's a big margin difference.

Secondly, ask yourself what the house republicans have to gain by caving? Answer: nothing. Not a damned thing.

And what do the house republicans have to lose by voting any kind of gc legislation in? Their seats in two years.

I do not see this getting passed in any form.

What we will likely see is a BO executive order with some kind of ban.

weevil
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
First of all, there are 50 more republicans in the house than dimocrats. That's a big margin difference.

That's the current House, the repubs lost some seats in the last election.

When the 113th is seated it will be 234 Rs and 201 Ds.

5.56NATO
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
What's with all this 'behind closed door negotiations'?
Is there not a 'Sunshine Law' that prevents this.
They represent US, so why not let the American people know what is being discussed?

Conspirators by definition plan their crimes behind closed doors.

Schuetzenman
01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
That's the current House, the repubs lost some seats in the last election.

When the 113th is seated it will be 234 Rs and 201 Ds.

33 is still a nice majority and not all Democrats will cave, though the vast majority will.

weevil
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
33 is still a nice majority and not all Democrats will cave, though the vast majority will.

Honestly that is our best hope is that at least a few Dems break ranks, cause I'll bet there's more than a few blue-state RINOs that will stab us in the back.

One would hope that Boehner could rally the troops and present a united front but I'm not at all impressed with his leadership abilities.

The Dems know this is a golden oppurtunity and if they decide to pull out all the stops and go for broke it could be a close call.

5.56NATO
01-03-2013, 05:24 PM
And no matter what, it has to stand the test of the scrotus, and you all know how they have been ruling for the 2nd.

weevil
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM
And no matter what, it has to stand the test of the scrotus, and you all know how they have been ruling for the 2nd.

They did not rule out "reasonable restrictions" in the Heller case, and the way they folded in the Obamacare decision I'm not gonna hold out much hope of them striking down the will of Congress and the prez.

We have to stop it in the House.

Krupski
01-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Kool

Do you honestly think that the "OpSec wise" users here who claim all their guns fell out of the boat last summer magically drop off the radar? :lool:

studmuffin
01-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Hell I am not too worried, since I lost all my stuff in that boating accident. Damded shame I lost it all. Now what was the name of that pond......err I mean huge lake.

What, you mean no one would believe me? Honest mr JBT I saw it all go blub blub blub down with little fishes swimming around. It was such a sad afffair, and a good thing I had my life preserved on.

Actually, I just think it wise not the say.....lets get our smoke poles and march on washington and how cool the bonus march army was back in 1932

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Warthogg
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
The key question, will the house cave and compromise

Just on Fox News (Bret Baier) that question was asked and answered as YES.

Wart