PDA

View Full Version : ROKS Soviet flamethrowers

Bluntforce
09-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Don't know if these are Curios or Relics but they are cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS-2_flamethrower

http://www.primeportal.net/armory/yuri_pasholok/roks-3_flamethrower/

Broondog
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
it's not on the list, but way cool nonetheless.

it's a shame it's not listed. if i can have AA guns i want a flame thrower too!

aliceinchains
09-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't take long to barbecue with one. You could do a half side of beef pretty quick.

Partisan1983
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
You can own any DD you want (if your state allows it).

You can also build your own DD (after all the proper paperwork and taxes are in line)

Helen Keller
09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
FlameThrowers ain't DD"s. Unless your state has something against them.

awp101
09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/awp101_2009/f35184fa.jpg

AKTexas
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Flame throwers from what I have read are not even regulated.

Broondog
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Flame throwers from what I have read are not even regulated.

really? do you have something to back that up?

gewehr44
09-07-2010, 03:42 AM

It's kinda hard to prove a negative (if laws don't exist). From Wikipedia (reliable source?)...

In the United States, private ownership of a flamethrower is not restricted by federal law, but is restricted in some states, such as California, by state laws (cf. California Health and Welfare Codes 12750-12761, Flamethrowing Devices) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamethrower#Private_ownership)

AKTexas
09-07-2010, 06:18 AM

Hard to find any rules,but I was reading this thread over at the high road and was looking into it myself.The ATF has no regulations I could find.And FT are used in AG all the time.

http://www.thehighroad.us/showthread.php?t=322780

Schuetzenman
09-07-2010, 06:31 AM
I've fired a MkV WWII vintage Flame Thrower at Knob Creek MG shoot 8 years ago. Very cool experience. It's surprising how much back thrust there is on the FR gun you hold. However, let me add that these things can be very hazardous to the user. You've got 5 gallons of either jellied gasoline or diesel fuel on your back with a high pressure tank to provide the squirt power. If a fitting springs a leak while you're shooting a stream you can go up in a ball of flames in the blink of an eye. The FR rental people put you in one of those silver fire suit jackets and pants. They give you a helmet with face shield as well. Then they have a safety person stand well back with fire extinguishers at the ready should something go unexpectidly bad.

I thought about getting one after shooting one then thought about how I wouldn't have somebody to hose me down with an extinguisher as a safety person. Nixed the idea of buying after thinking it through. Burning alive is my #1 unfavored way to go.

AKTexas
09-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I've fired a MkV WWII vintage Flame Thrower at Knob Creek MG shoot 8 years ago. Very cool experience. It's surprising how much back thrust there is on the FR gun you hold. However, let me add that these things can be very hazardous to the user. You've got 5 gallons of either jellied gasoline or diesel fuel on your back with a high pressure tank to provide the squirt power. If a fitting springs a leak while you're shooting a stream you can go up in a ball of flames in the blink of an eye. The FR rental people put you in one of those silver fire suit jackets and pants. They give you a helmet with face shield as well. Then they have a safety person stand well back with fire extinguishers at the ready should something go unexpectidly bad.

I thought about getting one after shooting one then thought about how I wouldn't have somebody to hose me down with an extinguisher as a safety person. Nixed the idea of buying after thinking it through. Burning alive is my #1 unfavored way to go.

I don't think I'd want one strapped to my back,but maybe attached to a fixed platform ala road warrior style.

00RedZX-6R
09-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I could use one to burn the cattails out of my pond. I wonder where you can buy one.

stinker
05-07-2012, 01:21 AM

There is no mention in the texas penal code anywhere. I just checked.

The closest thing you can find is this.

§ 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS.
(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) an explosive weapon;
(2) a machine gun;
(3) a short-barrel firearm;
(4) a firearm silencer;
(5) a switchblade knife;
(6) knuckles;
(7) armor-piercing ammunition;
(8) a chemical dispensing device; or
(9) a zip gun.

You go down further and you find this about it.

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section for the possession of a chemical dispensing device that the actor holds a security officer commission issued by the Texas Commission on Private Security and has received training on the use of the chemical dispensing device by a training program that is:
(1) provided by the Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education; or
(2) approved for the purposes described by this subsection by the Texas Commission on Private Security.

So no sulfuric acid supersoakers in your shopping mall jurisdictions, but that appears to not be intended to include a flamethrower the way i'm reading it.

Dr. Gonzo GED
05-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Oh hell yeah!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flamethrowers

AKTexas
05-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Old threads given new life?

Helen Keller
05-07-2012, 11:02 AM
THere's only 1 FF that's a DD, well the FF itself isn't the DD the compression charges that get set off in the tank are.

Go figure that out.

I'll dig around to see if I can find the model.

IF you think about it.
ANy Hardware store sells the "brush burner" kit basically a gigantic propane torch.
combine that with a tank of your favorite flammable beverage pressured by a CO2 tank and you're in business.

I was at my dad's a few years ago and he had an 'industrial' grade brush burner that had a mount so you could wear a propane tank on your back. flame went out as far as 10 feet. I couldnt resist not playing with it.

Diesel
09-18-2012, 10:37 PM
:firedevil::pissin-chipmunk2:It's true...they are in the same category as 'weed burners' and anyone can have one...but some folks shouldn't!

shotdown61
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
It's kinda hard to prove a negative (if laws don't exist). From Wikipedia (reliable source?)...

Most likely cause cancer in the state of CA

Helen Keller
09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Most likely cause cancer in the state of CA

I bought a PINE piece of trim work a few weeks ago.... and it had that sticker on it.

So, trees cause cancer in California.

FunkyPertwee
09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Hehe. So is there no background check or magazine limit on these? :lool:

Diesel
09-19-2012, 02:45 PM
:pissin-chipmunk::firedevil:Nope! None! You can have one for $$$$$ and enjoy your Japanese cookout.

Hehe. So is there no background check or magazine limit on these? :lool: