PDA

View Full Version : Shooting down the road from me.

El Duce
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
By Jeff Jenkins in NewsJanuary 07, 2013 at 6:24PMA man is dead after being shot and killed by police just off the Lewisburg exit of Interstate 64 in Greenbrier County Monday afternoon.Sources tell MetroNews police received a call to be on the look out for the man’s vehicle following a domestic dispute. The vehicle was spotted at about 5pm on U.S. Route 219, the corner of N. Jefferson Street and Coleman Drive in Lewisburg.The man apparently got out of his vehicle and threatened police with a weapon. He was shot and killed.The roads in the area were closed for several minutes.Further details are expected soon from police.

This is about a mile from me. And around two blocks from where my in-laws now live. No real good local news at the moment.

Schuetzenman
01-07-2013, 07:42 PM
On a similar note a guy broke into a woman's house in the town I live in and she shot him with a .38 spl. revolver at point blank range. He saw the gun and advanced on her anyway. Shot em 5 times and unbeliveably he survived. Regardless of a no kill she probably saved not only her life but the lives of her twin 9 year olds.

abpt1
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
most of this happened less then 1 mile from my home

http://www.yearsoftears.org/home/berkscountyvictimindex.html

1 Patriot-of-many
01-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I love that. Suicide by cop. Too pussy to shoot yourself, but then again maybe it does take balls to face someone pointing a gun at you.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-08-2013, 09:46 AM
On a similar note a guy broke into a woman's house in the town I live in and she shot him with a .38 spl. revolver at point blank range. He saw the gun and advanced on her anyway. Shot em 5 times and unbeliveably he survived. Regardless of a no kill she probably saved not only her life but the lives of her twin 9 year olds.
There seems to be a spate of shootings in self defense with .38 special that doesn't seem to do the job of taking them out. I just bought my wife a .38 for Christmas, maybe I should've went for a .45 auto or .357 revolver instead of .38? I was thinking better to start off with an average put down round gun than scare her with .357 or bigger or with a pistol.

Helen Keller
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Just get the right ammo for it.

I carried a S&W 342 airweight for awhile with no worries.

ltorlo64
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Is this the same story? Sounds like it.

El Duce
01-08-2013, 10:32 AM
An update.

State Police issue statement on Greenbrier County shooting01/08/2013 8:53 AMThe following statement has been issued by West Virginia State Police following the shooting of an individual by police officers following a standoff late Monday afternoon near Lewisburg.On January 7, 2012 at approximately 415 pm, Greenbrier County 911 dispatched a call for officers to be on the lookout for a vehicle driven by Jimmy L. Hamlin Jr. Hamlin had been involved in a domestic dispute and was further reported to have been drinking and to be armed.At approximately 4:30 p.m., officers from Lewisburg Police Department made a traffic stop of the vehicle along U.S. 219, just south of the U.S. 219 and I-64 intersection. Upon approaching the vehicle the LPD Officers observed the man to be armed with a rifle and he failed to comply with their directives.Additional officers from the West Virginia State Police, Greenbrier County Sherriff's Office, Alderson and Ronceverte Police Departments responded to the area.Jimmy L. Hamlin exited his vehicle with the rifle and an armed standoff ensued. After a matter of minutes, Hamlin made a hostile action with the weapon. Officers responded by firing on Hamlin.Jimmy L. Hamlin sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was transported to Greenbrier Valley Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.As per standard procedure, officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave.Jimmy Lamar Hamlin was 44 years old and from the Kathleen, Ga., area, although he had recently been residing in Greenbrier County.The investigation is being conducted by the West Virginia State Police and is on going.