PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Cuomo Not Afraid To Confiscate NY Guns (Wants To Set Precedent For Other States)

alismith
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
NY Governor says "confiscation could be an option" in his new plan to eliminate "assault weapons" in NY.

Whether he confiscates any guns or not, it doesn't look good for NY residents if his bill goes through.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50404996/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/#.UO3D23ejcZ0

Krupski
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
NY Governor says "confiscation could be an option" in his new plan to eliminate "assault weapons" in NY.

Whether he confiscates any guns or not, it doesn't look good for NY residents if his bill goes through.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50404996/ns/politics-the_new_york_times/#.UO3D23ejcZ0

The NY assembly has been pushing for more and more gun laws every year. And, one hand has no clue what the other hand is doing. While Cuomo recently disbanded the NY CoBIS (ballistic ID) program for pistols, because it cost millions per year, and hasn't solved a SINGLE crime, other politicians wanted to add long guns to the CoBIS registry! Hello? Anyone home? CoBIS is gone... how are you gonna ADD to it?

This crap happens every year. The Assembly passes all kinds of new bills, and they all die in the Senate. Nothing is going to happen.

Besides, not even Cuomo is stupid enough to put himself and his family in mortal danger by trying to CONFISCATE legally owned and Constitutionally protected property!

If he thinks New Yorkers will roll over and surrender with a smile, he's got a rude awakening coming......

Punk
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Well that's good to hear Roger.

In my state it's the Senate that passes this shit, and then they go to the House to die.

Hobe Sound AK
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Gun Owner's in N.Y. are only safe in the small all White Town's with large amount of Hunters and Far, Far, from the City, Buffalo should be a safe distance.

PROBASCO
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
It should be the duty of any American or any American serviceman active or not, to "support and uphold the constitution" of these United States against any and all enemies with any and all force needed.

alismith
01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
The NY assembly has been pushing for more and more gun laws every year. And, one hand has no clue what the other hand is doing. While Cuomo recently disbanded the NY CoBIS (ballistic ID) program for pistols, because it cost millions per year, and hasn't solved a SINGLE crime, other politicians wanted to add long guns to the CoBIS registry! Hello? Anyone home? CoBIS is gone... how are you gonna ADD to it?

This crap happens every year. The Assembly passes all kinds of new bills, and they all die in the Senate. Nothing is going to happen.

Besides, not even Cuomo is stupid enough to put himself and his family in mortal danger by trying to CONFISCATE legally owned and Constitutionally protected property!

If he thinks New Yorkers will roll over and surrender with a smile, he's got a rude awakening coming......

I hope you're right. But, what worries me a little is that, now, anti-gun people are thinking nothing of publicly "talking" about confiscation. A few years ago, this would have been certain political suicide to even start rumors that you were thinking about this. Now, they are getting bolder in their rhetoric.

Words lay the groundwork for actions....

Krupski
01-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Gun Owner's in N.Y. are only safe in the small all White Town's with large amount of Hunters and Far, Far, from the City, Buffalo should be a safe distance.

I live in a suburb of Buffalo. Lots of white people. Lots of guns. No crime.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Well if Cuomo is so fearless, why doesn't he go around knocking on doors personally?

He can start in the five boroughs. If he makes it out of Qeens, he gets a complimentary can of strawberry Fanta!

Penguin
01-09-2013, 07:44 PM

That they do, very few things truly come out of the blue.

Hobe Sound AK
01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Thankyou Krupski, for proving my Point! New Yorkers here in Florida, have been telling me for Year's, it is a mostly good Gun State if you go far up North or Far out West from the City.

Penguin
01-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Well if Cuomo is so fearless, why doesn't he go around knocking on doors personally?

He can start in the five boroughs. If he makes it out of Qeens, he gets a complimentary can of strawberry Fanta!

It better be a small can or the mayor will get pissed and take his soda. After he wouldn't have any guns to stop them from taking his soda.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
It better be a small can or the mayor will get pissed and take his soda. After he wouldn't have any guns to stop them from taking his soda.
He'll have travel outside the New York City limits to redeem his contraband "hi-cap" non-alcoholic beverage.

nitewatcherXX
01-09-2013, 08:26 PM

Wonder why...??? :)

weevil
01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
I hope you're right. But, what worries me a little is that, now, anti-gun people are thinking nothing of publicly "talking" about confiscation. A few years ago, this would have been certain political suicide to even start rumors that you were thinking about this. Now, they are getting bolder in their rhetoric.

That's because one of them has been re-elected to the White House and has an original anti as his VP and a Senate that will rubber stamp anything they do.

It's only political suicide if we can vote them out and we've failed to do that.

gunnutz
01-09-2013, 10:36 PM
I grew up in Cheektowaga till age 9 when i moved to NC at the end of segregation in '71 never saw anyone other than whites until I moved here, man what a culture shock!

Charliebravo
01-10-2013, 01:48 AM

I've got family on Orchard Park. Sounds like you might be close to there.

Krupski
01-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I've got family on Orchard Park. Sounds like you might be close to there.

Orchard Park is about 20 miles south of me.

binky59
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I think that I'm pretty safe livin' outside of Rochester NY, where the skies are not cloudy all day.
Oh home home on the......oh sorry. Ca-homo is just as dumb as his dad Mario.

studmuffin
01-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Umm guys I dont see anything at all humorous about this. We are talking about a lot of innocent people potential being endangered, deprived of the property, their freedom and possibly their lives. Not to mention the totally unecessary burden and risk to LEO's. Let's hope calmer heads will prevail.

Penguin
01-10-2013, 07:00 PM
He'll have travel outside the New York City limits to redeem his contraband "hi-cap" non-alcoholic beverage.

If that is the case he may face some compitition in the next race for govoner when a certian some one is outraged at the high capacity soda loop hole. That has to be closed!

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
If that is the case he may face some compitition in the next race for govoner when a certian some one is outraged at the high capacity soda loop hole. That has to be closed!
If they want my Fresca they'll have to pull it from my cold, stubby, diabetic hands!