PDA

View Full Version : Biden suggests White House could act without Congress as part of gun control plan

PROBASCO
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/09/vice-president-to-meet-with-gun-safety-groups/

Vice President Biden said Wednesday that the White House could use "executive orders" to deal with gun control, as he kicked off a round of meetings aimed at finding ways to curb gun violence.

The vice president met Wednesday with gun-safety and victims groups, saying he is "determined" to take "urgent action" to address gun violence.

"This is not an exercise in photo opportunities or just getting to ask you all what your opinions are. We are vitally interested in what you have to say," Biden said.

The White House has sought to avoid prejudging what Biden's recommendations would be. But the vice president hinted Wednesday that executive action -- action by the president in which Congress would not have a say -- would indeed be involved.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/09/vice-president-to-meet-with-gun-safety-groups/#ixzz2HWeC4qP8

Wild Bill
01-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Bad news!

Penguin
01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
It makes you wonder if they are trying to start a fight.

Warthogg
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Barry says he does not have the authority.

Wart

Guns Network Staff
01-09-2013, 08:16 PM
It is all BULLSHIT.... The POTUS CANNOT DO JACKSHIT.. and he knows it. It was discussed today on Hannity's radio station by a constitutional attorney. He cannot even use his authority either....

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Barry says he does not have the authority.

Wart
He doesn't have the stones.

Lack of authority has neve3r stopped him before.

The slightest whiff of danger on the other hand has stopped him dead in his tracks every time...

Schuetzenman
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Here's a good one for you guys to mull over. The Fed Gov shouldn't have been so fast to pass Obama Care. You know how Pricess Pelozi said "You have to pass Obama Care to find out what's in it", well there's a special surprise inside thanks to (this blew me away) Harry Reid! See to get the NRA's endorsement on his reelection he slipped in a clause that says "The Federal Government and none of it's entities can creat a tracking and recording system for ownership of firearms and ammunition".

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Here's a good one for you guys to mull over. The Fed Gov shouldn't have been so fast to pass Obama Care. You know how Pricess Pelozi said "You have to pass Obama Care to find out what's in it", well there's a special surprise inside thanks to (this blew me away) Harry Reid! See to get the NRA's endorsement on his reelection he slipped in a clause that says "The Federal Government and none of it's entities can creat a tracking and recording system for ownership of firearms and ammunition".
:lool:

Are you serious? That's pretty rich!

Warthogg
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Here's a good one for you guys to mull over. The Fed Gov shouldn't have been so fast to pass Obama Care. You know how Pricess Pelozi said "You have to pass Obama Care to find out what's in it", well there's a special surprise inside thanks to (this blew me away) Harry Reid! See to get the NRA's endorsement on his reelection he slipped in a clause that says

"The Federal Government and none of it's entities can creat a tracking and recording system for ownership of firearms and ammunition".

In the Affordable Care Act, the gun lobby’s section is in Title X, starting on page 2,037, line 23. “Protection of Second Amendment Gun Rights” contains five provisions mostly dedicated to shutting down conversation about guns in medicine. What do these sections contain?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolynmcclanahan/2012/07/23/gun-owner-rights-and-obamacare-yes-it-is-in-the-law/

I cannot find that quoation in the bill. However, I did find a portion of the bill that seems to declare just the opposite.

All at the link.

Wart

Helen Keller
01-09-2013, 08:48 PM
but as pointed out in the Twitterverse, I doubt our founding fathers considered assault weapons as the alternative to their quaint muzzle loaded muskets.

Typical answer from a typical liberal cunt.

gunnutz
01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
I heard this on Rush today wen I went to lunch, all day long I felt like I did the day after obama was re-elected. I told everybody I knew, mostly hunters, and nobody seemed to really care! The most often reply was "Well we need to do something" Only one guy was on the same page as I and he had a lot to say, Boy was he pissed!

Schuetzenman
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
I cannot find that quoation in the bill. However, I did find a portion of the bill that seems to declare just the opposite.

All at the link.

Wart

Wellness and prevention programs may not require the disclosure or collection of information relating to the presence or storage of a lawfully possessed firearm or the use of a firearm

The next provision states we can’t collect data related to owning or using firearms. This is also part of what I was referring to.

Provision three states we can’t use or maintain records of individual ownership or possession of firearms or ammunition. This one is what I was referring to.

Provision four limits the ability to determine rates or eligibility for health insurance based on gun ownership.

The final provision related to gun owners is that individuals do not have to disclose they own a gun.

The rest of the article is the bloviation of the author, not the legislation. I don't see how you get a declaration of the opposite out of this article, that person isn't the law, just their jibbering on what they think should be the situation.

L1A1Rocker
01-09-2013, 10:41 PM
It is all BULLSHIT.... The POTUS CANNOT DO JACKSHIT.. and he knows it. It was discussed today on Hannity's radio station by a constitutional attorney. He cannot even use his authority either....

Correct, the President doesn't have any real constitutional authority to do this be E.O. But what if he does it? Who will stop him? Who is responsible for stopping him, will they actually do anything? It is clear that Roberts is in BamBam's pocket for some reason, so what if SCOTUS rules in BamBam's favor? Who will stand up and say NO, YOU WILL NOT DO THIS! And how will they back it up.

BamBam doing this by E.O. is a game of chicken; I think all our legislators are much more chicken than he.

Schuetzenman
01-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Correct, the President doesn't have any real constitutional authority to do this be E.O. But what if he does it? Who will stop him? Who is responsible for stopping him, will they actually do anything? It is clear that Roberts is in BamBam's pocket for some reason, so what if SCOTUS rules in BamBam's favor? Who will stand up and say NO, YOU WILL NOT DO THIS! And how will they back it up.

BamBam doing this by E.O. is a game of chicken; I think all our legislators are much more chicken than he.

Let’s say a Superior court judge issues a bench warrant for Obama's arrest if he does EO a gun ban or registration scheme. Who would come to get him, the FBI or the Federal Marshalls? What if one of these agencies people did attempt to apprehend, would the Secret Service detail attempt to block his arrest? Would it come down to a shooting battle to apprehend and execute the warrant?

Oswald Bastable
01-09-2013, 11:55 PM
This is also part of what I was referring to.
This one is what I was referring to.

The rest of the article is the bloviation of the author, not the legislation. I don't see how you get a declaration of the opposite out of this article, that person isn't the law, just their jibbering on what they think should be the situation.

Regretfully, all those provisions refer to health care and its associated workings, databases, reporting requirements, etc., and have nothing to do with any bill that might be passed outside the sphere of health care.

Helen Keller
01-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Let’s say a Superior court judge issues a bench warrant for Obama's arrest if he does EO a gun ban or registration scheme. Who would come to get him, the FBI or the Federal Marshalls? What if one of these agencies people did attempt to apprehend, would the Secret Service detail attempt to block his arrest? Would it come down to a shooting battle to apprehend and execute the warrant?

In my dreams... a General like Patton would call up a few battalions. completely surround DC with Abrams and bradleys , arrest the current "Progressive" movement , have a quick and speedy trial followed by "JUSTICE" .

L1A1Rocker
01-10-2013, 12:39 AM
In my dreams... a General like Patton would call up a few battalions. completely surround DC with Abrams and bradleys , arrest the current "Progressive" movement , have a quick and speedy trial followed by "JUSTICE" .

Actually no. Patton would fire on protesters, in fact he DID. Google "bonus army" for what he actually did.

Helen Keller
01-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Hmm learn somethin new everyday. makes you wonder why he "DIED"

Maybe a Schwarzkopf then.

Warthogg
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
This is also part of what I was referring to.
This one is what I was referring to.

Probably I read your post wrong.

Wart

samiam
01-10-2013, 06:14 AM
Actually no. Patton would fire on protesters, in fact he DID. Google "bonus army" for what he actually did.

MacArthur gave the order

TomO
01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Typical answer from a typical liberal cunt.

One has to wonder if he would think them so "quaint" if he caught a .70 cal. ball in the gut.

slamfire51
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
One has to wonder if he would think them so "quaint" if he caught a .70 cal. ball in the gut.

now that will put Muzzleloaders on the ban list.

TomO
01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
now that will put Muzzleloaders on the ban list.

*meh* If they get away with this it will just be a matter of time anyway.

Schuetzenman
01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
*meh* If they get away with this it will just be a matter of time anyway.

Yep, they can't control us if we are armed to the teeth. If they get the guns just wait for the mass roundups and exterminatioins to start.