PDA

View Full Version : To Support and Defend

ltorlo64
01-10-2013, 12:05 AM
I have taken the oath, multiple times, to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." I always expected that this oath meant that I would be sent into battle to protect my country. I did not ever in my wildest dreams think that this oath would have me arguing, teaching and explaining our country's Constitution to so many people. I am glad I am not in a war zone, but this is very tiring. I am seeing movement and understanding, but not as fast as I would like.

My wife said something to me tonight as I was talking to her about this. She said that I just needed to get used to the idea that a lot of people do not think the way I do and have not taken and oath to support the Constitution, they are just citizens who want to not be bothered. That is another sad thought. I hope that people really don't feel that way and if they do, this grab at our liberty wakes them up.

BigDuke6
01-10-2013, 12:26 AM
a lot of people do not think the way I do and have not taken and oath to support the Constitution, they are just citizens who want to not be bothered.

I.E. 90% of the fucking problem in the first place. They don't vote, or wouldn't care if Obama blended the Constitution into a Frappuccino and drank it while sunning himself on the White house lawn. People like THEM are the reason we're fucked right NOW.

Fuck um.

Helen Keller
01-10-2013, 12:39 AM
for some of them, long as they have a smart phone and TV they are content.

MEH....... easy prey.

I'd rather read books and exercise my brain vs what excrement some douchebag is "tweeting" about.

GImme a fucking Break, most of these retards would self implode if they were "social-less" for a few hours.

Warthogg
01-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I have taken the oath, multiple times, to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." I always expected that this oath meant that I would be sent into battle to protect my country. I did not ever in my wildest dreams think that this oath would have me arguing, teaching and explaining our country's Constitution to so many people. I am glad I am not in a war zone, but this is very tiring. I am seeing movement and understanding, but not as fast as I would like.

My wife said something to me tonight as I was talking to her about this. She said that I just needed to get used to the idea that a lot of people do not think the way I do and have not taken and oath to support the Constitution,

........they are just citizens who want to not be bothered. That is another sad thought. I hope that people really don't feel that way and if they do, this grab at our liberty wakes them up.

IF the .gov does everything wrong in the gun grab, and they probably will not, some where around 900,000 will fight. (The demographics will be odd but that's for another time.)

Wart

imanaknut
01-10-2013, 02:18 AM
The sad thing is, I watched the congressional swearing in ceremonies and was sure the oath they took was the same thing, yet the split second most of them take their hands off The Bible, they through "The Book" away and forget that they took an oath, or since they don't believe in God, the oath is meaningless. It is a shame our congress and executive don't take the oath as seriously as our great military!

Helen Keller
01-10-2013, 02:33 AM
It is a shame our congress and executive don't take the oath as seriously as our great military!

yes a shame.

I took the oath understanding that I am obligated with no reward to help those who need to be cared for and destroy those who would stand in the way of freedom.

I didn't swear on it for personal interests.

at no time did I ever sign a paper that stated once said "years of service" were completed would I disregard my oath.

Got a problem with that?? I hope your stomach can digest steel .

Dan Morris
01-10-2013, 07:56 AM
yes a shame.

I took the oath understanding that I am obligated with no reward to help those who need to be cared for and destroy those who would stand in the way of freedom.

I didn't swear on it for personal interests.

at no time did I ever sign a paper that stated once said "years of service" were completed would I disregard

Got a problem with that?? I hope your stomach can digest steel .

Like you, I do not remember any expiration date!
Dan

ltorlo64
01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
at no time did I ever sign a paper that stated once said "years of service" were completed would I disregard my oath.

That is another thing people don't realize, and I didn't when I first enlisted. I am obligated for a specific time of service as set forth in my contract, but the Oath I took did not have an expiration date. I did come to understand that later, but when I was 18 it was not something I thought about.

5.56NATO
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Also, there's the little talk about not following illegal orders.

binky59
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Yes it has been a long time since I took the oath, but it won't expire until I do!