PDA

View Full Version : new article about Ratliff. Feel the spin,

rci2950
01-11-2013, 07:42 PM
What makes me the most pissed off about this is the goddam petition to ban assault rifles in the middle of the story. Talk about agenda driven reporting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/professed-gun-nut-keith-ratliff-found-fatally-shot-head-article-1.1237250

Self-professed 'gun nut' Keith Ratliff found fatally shot in the head in suspected homicide
'Every one of you should be able to own an assault weapon of your choice,' Ratliff posted last year on YouTube. Ratliff was a channel producer for the FPSRussia, one of the top 10 most popular channels on YouTube. The channel features a man in Russian accent test firing various assault weapons and has 3.4 million subscribers.

Comments (277)
BY ERIC L. HINTON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

THURSDAY, JANUARY 10, 2013, 9:54 AM

Print

Print
Comment

KYDIVEMASTER VIA YOUTUBE

Keith Ratliff was a fervent Second Amendment gun advocate and believed all Americans should be able to possess assault weapons.
In a rather macabre bit of irony, a self-professed "gun nut" who was a YouTube channel producer for fellow gun enthusiasts was found fatally shot in the head in his Carnesville, Ga., home on Jan. 3. Police are investigating the case as a homicide.

Keith Ratliff, 32, was a channel producer for the popular FPSRussia firearms channel on YouTube, according to FoxNews.com. The channel boasts 3.4 million subscribers and has more than 537 million video views. The videos largely consist of a man with a Russian accent test firing various high-powered firearms. The channel is ranked as one of the top 10 channels on YouTube.

Police found numerous weapons at the crime scene, according to WSB-TV. Some of the weapons were even manufactured by Ratliff himself. "He (Ratliff) did sustain a gunshot wound that was not self-inflicted,” Mike Ayers of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told FoxNews.com.

KYDIVEMASTER VIA YOUTUBE

Keith Ratliff, 32, who helped operate the FPSRussia firearms channel on YouTube, was found dead inside his Carnesville, Ga. office on Jan. 3 from a single gunshot wound to the head.

Although Ratliff primarily worked behind the scenes of the YouTube channel he would occasionally jump in front of the camera himself. In one video he went on a rant about how all Americans should be allowed to carry assault weapons.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN THE ONLINE NEW YORK DAILY NEWS ASSAULT WEAPONS PETITION

“When our forefathers were around all arms were military arms. Yet for you and I to possess military arms you’ve got to have a stack of paperwork. You’ve got to be a business. You’ve got to have a federal firearms license. You’ve got to have a retail stamp. You’ve got to have a special occupations stamp. You have to have the type 10 or 7 manufacturing stamp. You’ve got to be incorporated to protect yourself,” Ratliff said.

Ratliff continued, “You’ve got to have all that paperwork just to get started. That limits who can own true military assault arms. I can own them. Most of you can’t. That should be illegal. Every one of you should be able to own an assault weapon of your choice because that’s what the Second Amendment is about. It’s about owning weaponry to allow you to defend yourself from all enemies no matter where they rise from.”

"I am a gun nut," Ratliff professes in the video.

Ratliff also went to Twitter to express his feelings on gun ownerships. On Aug. 12 he tweeted, “I went to the movies with my pistol in my pocket the whole time I was praying that somebody would try to pull a Batman!” — an apparent reference to the July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a movie theater in Aurora, Colo. during a screening of the film "The Dark Knight Rises."

Levi Fox, a neighbor of Ratliff's, told FoxNews he couldn't believe that Ratliff had been shot to death.

"They'd come over and talk to us and shoot off some guns. We'd both show off a little, show what we had," said Fox. "He just takes really big guns and blows stuff up with them … shoots them and introduces a lot of people to new types of guns," said Fox.

Ratliff is survived by a wife and a 2-year-old son.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/professed-gun-nut-keith-ratliff-found-fatally-shot-head-article-1.1237250#ixzz2HiX8BRUk