PDA

View Full Version : Online source for big batteries???

L1A1Rocker
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
I need to replace the batteries in an electric scooter. The "Scooter Store" has them priced at around $250.00 for two. I'm sure there's a place online I can get these much cheaper but where? Anyone have any pointers on places you've used. (I know there's lots on a google search but I'm looking for folks that have experience)

Thanks

rci2950
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
did you try the industrial electronics shops? I just re packed my UPS with cells obtained at less then a third of the price asked by the manufacturer of the UPS.

A small shop called RAE. I would say find a place like that in your area and give them a call. If they dont have them then ask if they know who does.

be ready to give them the manufacturer and part number printed on the top of the cell. not the scooter stores part number.

Krupski
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I need to replace the batteries in an electric scooter. The "Scooter Store" has them priced at around $250.00 for two. I'm sure there's a place online I can get these much cheaper but where? Anyone have any pointers on places you've used. (I know there's lots on a google search but I'm looking for folks that have experience)

Thanks

Those are standard car batteries if I'm not mistaken. Usually 2 of them wired in series (24 volt system). How about 2 car batteries?

L1A1Rocker
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
did you try the industrial electronics shops? I just re packed my UPS with cells obtained at less then a third of the price asked by the manufacturer of the UPS.

A small shop called RAE. I would say find a place like that in your area and give them a call. If they dont have them then ask if they know who does.

be ready to give them the manufacturer and part number printed on the top of the cell. not the scooter stores part number.

The nearest shop like that is about 45 minutes away and means a trip into San Antonio. I'm sure a place like Altex would have it but the trip into S.A. is a real bear.

L1A1Rocker
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Those are standard car batteries if I'm not mistaken. Usually 2 of them wired in series (24 volt system). How about 2 car batteries?

They're not car batteries. They're a bit smaller than a motorcycle battery actually. They're a bit bigger than the batteries in my computer's UPS though.

Oswald Bastable
01-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Have you tried an online search using the manufacturer name and serial # as printed on the batteries?

1 Patriot-of-many
01-13-2013, 05:53 PM
You can probably get my neighbors cheap....He's faking disability and the scooter sits untouched.

ready
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
You could try walmart. I just bought a harley replacement battery for 81 bucks. I'm sure they would have something that would work.

Avanarts
01-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Have you tried an online search using the manufacturer name and serial # as printed on the batteries?

That's what I'd do. Althought I'd probably start without even using the manufacturer's namd and just punch the model # into
Google. I've found all sorts of things that way.

Gunreference1
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
You could try http://www.batteriesplus.com/. They've had what I've needed when I couldn't find it on the shelf locally.

Steve

Oswald Bastable
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
That's what I'd do. Althought I'd probably start without even using the manufacturer's namd and just punch the model # into
Google. I've found all sorts of things that way.

Shouldn't matter...google uses a concatenation formula for searches, but also searches on the individual terms in the search, so realistically, hits with both terms should take priority, but hits with one or the other should also show up.

Krupski
01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
They're not car batteries. They're a bit smaller than a motorcycle battery actually. They're a bit bigger than the batteries in my computer's UPS though.

They must be all different sizes. My dad had a motorized chair and it used two car batteries in series. It was a heavy sucker.

L1A1Rocker
01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Thanks folks for all the replys. After not finding by brand at the link Steven posted I did some general searches on the battery type and wound up at Amazon. There is a two pack for 45 bucks with free shipping! (that's great because this scooter needs two)

L1A1Rocker
01-13-2013, 09:11 PM
They must be all different sizes. My dad had a motorized chair and it used two car batteries in series. It was a heavy sucker.

Yes, I discovered there are LOTS of different kinds of 12 volt batteries. WOW!

gunnutz
01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks folks for all the replys. After not finding by brand at the link Steven posted I did some general searches on the battery type and wound up at Amazon. There is a two pack for 45 bucks with free shipping! (that's great because this scooter needs two)
For future reference, interstate batteries can get anything. http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/Content.aspx?dsNav=Ntk~SearchGroup%7CExpertsFavori teBattery%7C3%7C