PDA

View Full Version : NRA says Congress will not pass weapons ban

recon
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130113/US.Gun.Control/

NAPOTS
01-13-2013, 10:38 PM
We can never let our guard down on this one or they will slip it by.

Schuetzenman
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM

This is truth. In 1994 it was reported the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban was bottled up in committie and would die there. The very next day that Dumbass Bob Dole let it out for a vote an it passed. Never think it's over and relax. Until Obama is out of office it won't be over.

imanaknut
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM

Two thumbs up on that, especially with the way our current government seems to think, we ease up a bit and they will stab us in the back.

(Does that mean we should ban knives too?)

Dafapa
01-14-2013, 12:10 AM
I don't buy it at all. It worries me that the NRA is saying it now apparently. They're probably making a bill and calling it something different, or just going to go after something else. One thing I'm worried about is they'll try and push a single item, like a magazine ban by itself, or universal gun tracking, etc. Something with low visibility that can be done quickly.

ready
01-14-2013, 12:19 AM
If there's no record of the sale, where do they come up with this 40% of gun sales occur without a background check number from?

Dafapa
01-14-2013, 12:58 AM
If there's no record of the sale, where do they come up with this 40% of gun sales occur without a background check number from?

My guess is the same place they got the number 10 as the theoretical maximum number of bullets anyone would ever need for anything. Out of thin air.

NAPOTS
01-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Two thumbs up on that, especially with the way our current government seems to think, we ease up a bit and they will stab us in the back.

(Does that mean we should ban knives too?)

Only knives wielded by shifty politicians.

O.S.O.K.
01-14-2013, 09:15 AM
I agree with the NRA that we will not see any anti-gun legislation. I've been saying that since this started. But that's not the real threat - and no, we should definately not let our guards down!!!

The real threat is coming from obummer - via an OE. He's done it hundereds of times alreay and many of his EO's are completely unConstitutional yet stand un contested.

I would think that any anti-gun EO with bans, taxes, etc. would be immediately challenged and defunded by congress but we need to watch carefully!

Arrogant SOB he is.

Warthogg
01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
It worries me that the NRA is saying it now.......

Me also.

Wart

Dan Morris
01-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Shit has a way of being stuck on a back page of some other bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be ware or this un!
Dan

skorpion
01-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Big +1!

I don't buy it at all. It worries me that the NRA is saying it now apparently. They're probably making a bill and calling it something different, or just going to go after something else. One thing I'm worried about is they'll try and push a single item, like a magazine ban by itself, or universal gun tracking, etc. Something with low visibility that can be done quickly.

Shit has a way of being stuck on a back page of some other bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be ware or this un!

Yep. They will water it down slightly and bury it deep within some wordy, unrelated ominous bill so that it passes through the back door.