PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, and my SAR 1

DerekRI
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Hey all,

I used to be a member on gunforums before, and never signed back up once the transition happened. Well, here I am now! And here's my 2000 SAR 1 that I bought brand new. The only current mod being a rear sight that's adjustable for windage. I'm thinking about trying a Mojo peep sight as well. Next to it is an original Russian Military PSO-1, with IR filter! Just trying to get a BP-02 lower to be able to mount it to the gun. Kalinka says they'll have them at the end of January.

Cheers!
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2157&d=1358192569

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2158&d=1358192569

imanaknut
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Welcome back! Hope you don't mind me installing the pictures in your post.

Actually the transition was more - old site stolen forcing new site to be built.

Back to topic, NICE SAR-1!!! I had to check my safe because I have one with wood exactly like yours, and in fact put a POSP scope on it too! More accurate than people give AKMs credit to be, and a true blast to shoot.

DerekRI
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for adding the pics!

Yeah, I knew there was a lot involved with the old site, I remember getting the emails. Sorry to hear about that.

I love the wood on this gun. I actually had looked at a different one in the store, and when it came time to pick it up, they had this one waiting for me, which I was very happy about!

I'm glad to hear you like your SAR with the POSP scope on it. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. I got the scope for free, so I figured I might as well give it a go, but finding the bottom mount is proving to be difficult. I like the idea of the quick release mount keeping the zero on the scope. Use it or not in a matter of seconds, awesome!

Wild Bill
01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Very nice SAR 1! Welcome back. My SAR 1 is the best shooting AK that I have ever shot. It is very accurate and definitly a blast to shoot.