PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the Beretta Nano?

was_peacemaker
01-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Looks like a neat little pistol and it seems to be getting great reviews. Might be my next pistol purchase.

Also I wouldn't mind getting a Beretta .22 Jaguar. My uncle has one and it is a neat little .22.

NewbieAKguy
01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
My only experience with the Nano is handling one last week at Gander Mtn. I too was interested in it for when/if IL finally gets CCW. My first impression wasn't good. I thought the trigger wasn't very good when I dry fired it, and I think it has a high bore axis. I'd like to try out a S&W Shield and Springfield's new XDs in 9mm to compare. If I had to buy now I'd go for one of Kel-tec's PF9s if I stuck with a single column 9mm.

My .02, and of course YMMV :)/

Punk
01-15-2013, 09:42 PM
I bought a Beretta Nano this past weekend. It was kind of an impulse buy in anticipation of Illinois getting Concealed Carry this spring maybe. I started reading about the gun during my 3 day waiting period.

Apparently there are many reports of "failure to extract", seems to be blamed on underpowered 115 grain ammo. I guess Beretta changes out the extractors and polishes the chamber on guns that get returned for the extraction problem. Some report that fixes the problem, some report changing to 124grain ammo solves the problem, some say nothing solves the problem. Some say they never had a problem to start with and still don't.

I took mine to the range the day I picked it up. I liked the way it shot, trigger was long pull and stiff but had a crisp break. Which is exactly what I want in a concealed carry piece. Also it is very accurate. Hitting a paper plate at 20 yards standing with a two hand grip.

I shot one hundred rounds of wally world Winchester white box 115 grain fmj "range/target" ammo. I had two failure to extracts. Spent case in the chamber with the next live round striped from mag pushing on the spent case.

It's possible I limp wristed the two failures, they happened after about 80 rounds. I was really cold and sick, and the gun is not exactly "fun" to shoot. It very small and light so it does have a pretty hearty "up and to the left" kick. And the checkering is very aggressive, uncomfortably so after so many rounds.

My mind is not made up, I'm going to shoot it some more. If the extraction problem persists I will send it in for service. If it comes back from Beretta fixed then I'll be happy, if not I'm selling it.

I really do like the pistol, so I hope the extraction issue can be resolved.

vit
01-16-2013, 08:44 AM
I think it's too big and blocky for what it is. Got an LC9 instead.