PDA

View Full Version : Another Coincidence?

alismith
01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
On 8/22/12, 5.56 NATO posted a thread about the government buying up stockpiles of ammo (something the government hasn't done before, at least, not so blatantly). The really odd thing was that agencies that don't normally use firearms were ordering ammo, too.

Now, we're having a run on ammo by civilians, but the ammo isn't there to be bought because of the extremely low numbers the stores had on hand, and backordering them is going to take months.

Is it possible the government did that on purpose, knowing there would be a situation that would cause a civilian ammo run, while making it seem like the natural order of things, due to unprecidented demand, and not the real, underlying reason of the government making the ammo stock so low, that there would be no ammo when the people would want it the most?

If so, then the government knew ahead of time, that a situation was being set up whereby they would be able to go for a gun grab like none other in the history of the United States.

Before you blow this off, totally, remember this is the same government that brought you Fast and Furious.

Infidelski
01-16-2013, 11:08 AM
its a perfect storm for the imperialists, to ban it all while stocks are low is just icing on cake.

All this talk is about private and individual ownership/purchases but what about corporations and trusts??? Will corporations control all the guns in the future?

jojo
01-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Oddly I was just talking to someone about this yesterday morning.

Gunner1558
01-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't put anything past these libtards.

imanaknut
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Many agencies within the past year have purchased billions of rounds of ammo, and people on this site said it was nothing to worry about, they were making normal purchases. Funny, anyone here able to make a normal purchase of ammo in the last few months? I know for a fact that one manufacturer has not been able to supply the public with much more than a dusting of ammo because of government contracts.

For those wondering, it is FNH and that hugely popular 5.7X28 which most retailers have been lucky to see one case (2000 rounds) in the last 6 months, and FNH constantly pushing back their prediction of being able to fill civilian orders. Now considering how many agencies utilize that round, I can't imagine how much the fed is buying of the common 5.56x45/.223, 9mm, and others.

Penguin
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't rule the conspricy out.

However I found it interisiting to read an artical just today about police departments complaining because they can't find ammo either. Aparently they are having the same trouble we are, everything is back ordered when they call and try to get it. I have also heard over the last couple of years where departments have been sufferening fro mthe incress in prices resulting in less rounds being fired in training.

Given how many officers are in the government and how many rounds you can shoot in a year for training, I am inclined to think it isn't a conspricy. Though I do wonder when they are buying Hollow Points instead of ball. On the other hand if I had the money I would train with my duty ammo too.

NAPOTS
01-16-2013, 09:11 PM
However I found it interisiting to read an artical just today about police departments complaining because they can't find ammo either. Aparently they are having the same trouble we are, everything is back ordered when they call and try to get it.

But are these federal law enforcement agencies or local? We already heard from one sherrif who threatened to arrest federal officers if they tried to confiscate firearms in his county.

Penguin
01-16-2013, 09:23 PM
In the case of not being able to find ammo it was local PD's not feds. Though I have heard the prices have effected the feds as well. Perhaps that is why they are buying is the figured the prices are going to just keep going up so if you have the money why not? Could be too they are planing something either one would not surprise me.

Schuetzenman
01-16-2013, 09:25 PM
If they have a lot of ammo, they have to store it somewhere. The trick is to figure out where.

weevil
01-16-2013, 09:26 PM
I must say I thought it all sounded kinda tinfoil hattish.

Now I'm starting to wonder.

Sure are a lot of "coincedences" starting to pile up.

ready
01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
They probably plan on requiring a federal permit to buy ammo and you can only buy it from them at insane prices.

Penguin
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
If they have a lot of ammo, they have to store it somewhere. The trick is to figure out where.

Hill AF base.

NAPOTS
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I have also been wondering if feds have had anything to do with high capacity mags selling out from every supplier.

It would be easy to have a team of 5-10 guys with a credit card with no limit to buy every mag they can find on the internet within a couple of days.

5.56NATO
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
On 8/22/12, 5.56 NATO posted a thread about the government buying up stockpiles of ammo (something the government hasn't done before, at least, not so blatantly). The really odd thing was that agencies that don't normally use firearms were ordering ammo, too.

Now, we're having a run on ammo by civilians, but the ammo isn't there to be bought because of the extremely low numbers the stores had on hand, and backordering them is going to take months.

Is it possible the government did that on purpose, knowing there would be a situation that would cause a civilian ammo run, while making it seem like the natural order of things, due to unprecidented demand, and not the real, underlying reason of the government making the ammo stock so low, that there would be no ammo when the people would want it the most?

If so, then the government knew ahead of time, that a situation was being set up whereby they would be able to go for a gun grab like none other in the history of the United States.

Before you blow this off, totally, remember this is the same government that brought you Fast and Furious.

It could be coincidence (something I don't really believe in) or planned. But I figure we the people have far more ammunition at present than the feds and sate govs combined. All I know for sure is if I was an arms maker or ammo mfgr I would be adding more shifts and lines.

5.56NATO
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
"For those wondering, it is FNH and that hugely popular 5.7X28 which most retailers have been lucky to see one case (2000 rounds) in the last 6 months, and FNH constantly pushing back their prediction of being able to fill civilian orders. Now considering how many agencies utilize that round, I can't imagine how much the fed is buying of the common 5.56x45/.223, 9mm, and others. "

What agencies use that cal? Most of them run .40 just like most pd's do. The feds mass purchase of .40 made me figure they expected all US leos to join them in their treason.

5.56NATO
01-17-2013, 04:56 PM
And on that note I would only be shooting rimfire untill this blows over. If it does.

imanaknut
01-17-2013, 05:17 PM
"For those wondering, it is FNH and that hugely popular 5.7X28 which most retailers have been lucky to see one case (2000 rounds) in the last 6 months, and FNH constantly pushing back their prediction of being able to fill civilian orders. Now considering how many agencies utilize that round, I can't imagine how much the fed is buying of the common 5.56x45/.223, 9mm, and others. "

What agencies use that cal? Most of them run .40 just like most pd's do. The feds mass purchase of .40 made me figure they expected all US leos to join them in their treason.

Congrats, exactly my point. What Agency uses 5.7x28 and how much do they need? Ok, I do know that one local PD in Indiana does use the P-90 as their close quarter weapon. Don't know which, but I do know the fed who was in charge of firearm procurement for local agencys as well as local feds and got the info from him.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
"For those wondering, it is FNH and that hugely popular 5.7X28 which most retailers have been lucky to see one case (2000 rounds) in the last 6 months, and FNH constantly pushing back their prediction of being able to fill civilian orders. "

What agencies use that cal?

What Agency uses 5.7x28 and how much do they need?

5.7x28?

MacGyver has it all, IN SPACE!!!!!

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/sg-ctu-ms-0009.jpg

5.56NATO
01-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Congrats, exactly my point. What Agency uses 5.7x28 and how much do they need? Ok, I do know that one local PD in Indiana does use the P-90 as their close quarter weapon. Don't know which, but I do know the fed who was in charge of firearm procurement for local agencys as well as local feds and got the info from him.

In that case I feel it is due their penetrating ability, you know body armor and all that. Get it off the shelves where and when they can. They make pistols in that cal right? The 90 is a neat piece and likely decent for cqb but I hate their cheekweld, it sucks. And the factory optic.