PDA

View Full Version : The History of Gun Control: Communism, Genocide, Tyrants

Cypher
01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
This is an hour long documentary and is well worth the time it takes to watch. It was very difficult emotionally for me to watch, it is beyond comprehension the atrocities that took place in the last 120 years or so and truth be told tyrannical governments have been doing this to unarmed societies long before modern times, this is stuff most of us already know but it is good to be reminded of the evil capability of unchecked mankind. Thanks to technology we have much better first hand historical documentation, pictures and video's of what has happened.

While I was watching this....
My first thoughts were how blessed we are as a nation in spite of all the political hell.
My second thought was how the left is demonizing certain parts of the population today in America and how similar it is to several of the examples in the video of the things that took place before the genocide.
My third thought was it was interesting how in several cases it took many years of gun control to boil down to confiscation and genocide.
My fourth thought was I will not relinquish my firearms under any circumstance.

It's easy for people to say that this kind of thing would never happen to us, why? If it has happened before then it is possible it can happen again. There is nothing inherently guaranteed about the USA or modern society that will prevent tyranny over it's population, maybe not now, maybe not in any of our lives but what about 100 years down the road, maybe tomorrow, who knows. Most of us have grown up in a basically peaceful environment and I believe that many people today have become deluded and complacent with life in general and in the ability of man to be evil.

Think about how the left has been constantly demonizing certain groups in this country. If you are a white, Christian, conservative, or a gun owner there are already people in power that have stated you are a terrorist. The left has been demonizing white, Christian, conservative, gun owners for a long time and the terms are not inclusive of one another. You can be a atheist, conservative gun owner or a Hispanic conservative, or a conservative gun owner and you are lumped in together. The left constantly uses rhetoric to make you look like you are evil and heartless if you fall in one or more of these categories. You want children to die because you support the 2nd Amendment, you steal from the poor because your rich, you hate black people and minorities and are racist because you are a conservative and the list goes on.

Look at the kind of things that have been said about these groups over the years. Recently a teacher in IL stated rich people should be beheaded, since the last school killing many people have stated you should be imprisoned and or killed if you do not give up and/or register your firearms after a ban is implemented. Several people have made similar comments about Christians and/or conservatives that they should be silenced, Christianity or conservatism made illegal or regulated, that Christians will be rounded up and killed, even on this forum it has been mentioned before. What happens when more and more people that think this way are in power, it's bad enough now. Evil deeds begin with thoughts then turn into rhetoric then turn into deeds, I think you can see were the trends leads unchecked.

I know many of us have visited forums and new sites that bear witness to how much hate these people can have for us. Their hate is based on ignorance not reality.

To me the scariest part is not so much that ignorant, crazy insane people make these comments but that there isn't a huge uproar when the comments are made. Imagine if a conservative politician or news figure said half the things they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKasF6l3y0

Cypher
01-16-2013, 02:09 PM
This is even more relevant considering what is happening right now in Washington.

Cypher
01-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Just found this...

West Point center cites dangers of ‘far right’ in U.S.: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/17/west-point-center-cites-dangers-far-right-us/