PDA

View Full Version : Tease and Link to 23 Executive Orders

ltorlo64
01-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Full List of 23 Executive Actions in Gun Violence Reduction Measures
At President Obama’s announcement on new steps to be taken in an effort to control gun violence in the U.S., the president will sign measures which will initiate 23 separate executive actions on gun violence.

It’s important to note that not each one is actually an executive order or presidential memorandum.

The Office of the Press Secretary sent out the following list of all 23 executive actions.

Today, the President is announcing that he and the Administration will:

1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

Link http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/16/read-full-list-of-23-gun-violence-reduction-executive-actions/

Most of these I don't have a problem with, at least on the surface. I am concerned with item 2 (Doctors releasing sensitive information about patients), 5 (making a rule (law) requiring a background check before returning a gun that is in police custody), and 6 (instructions to ATF on how to implement universal background checks).

I did read an intersting comment after the article. These rules, when looked at together, make a person guilty until proven innocent. That is definately not a direction I would like to be going, though we have been going that direction for a while.

Krupski
01-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Link http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/16/read-full-list-of-23-gun-violence-reduction-executive-actions/

Most of these I don't have a problem with, at least on the surface. I am concerned with item 2 (Doctors releasing sensitive information about patients), 5 (making a rule (law) requiring a background check before returning a gun that is in police custody), and 6 (instructions to ATF on how to implement universal background checks).

I did read an intersting comment after the article. These rules, when looked at together, make a person guilty until proven innocent. That is definately not a direction I would like to be going, though we have been going that direction for a while.

We don't need ANY changes. NONE of the proposed stuff would have stopped Adam Lanza... or that kid Cho from VT... or any other shooter. It's just that slippery slope.....

Gunner1558
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM

I have serious problems with All of it.

Why make more laws when they refuse to enforce the ones that are already on the books... In every area of the law, not just gun laws.

Why has this resident not released any of his records?

Why does the Attornet General refuse to enforce immigration laws.

Why has there been nothing but stonewalling on "fAST AND fURIOUS?"

And on, and on , and on......