PDA

View Full Version : Attn: MAS owners - AIM has French Military 7.5 ammo in stock

O.S.O.K.
01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
And the price is great - $6.49/20 round box. This is good stuff - corrosive primed yeah but sure-fire. I bought a case a while back and its good ammo.

I think I'm gonna get some more too...

Link to post in Ammo forum: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?2489-Current-Ammo-Deals-post-em-up-here!&p=280389#post280389

Interestingly, the stuff that I have with the identical head markings as they show for this ammo, has steel in the bullet- a magnet attracts to the bullet -so either the jacket or a penetrator core...

Perhaps someone knowledgeble of French ammo can tell - marked TE 59

Richard Simmons
01-17-2013, 04:24 PM
After 1950 the French changed from a cupro-nickle-plated steel jacket to a bonderised and waxed steel or tombac (copper-zinc alloy) jacket. TE is the manufactuers code for :

Atelier de Fabrication de Toulouse.

O.S.O.K.
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Ah, so being 1959 production, it's bonderised and waxed steel jacketed.

Thanks!

Richard Simmons
01-18-2013, 08:49 AM
That's what I would think. Been looking at this offering from AIM and might have to grab a case. I've got Indep for my bolt guns and can reload it. I've always used Syrian for my 49/56 but that's pretty much gone from the market now so this stuff look pretty good.

number6
01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
YES! I bought 220 rounds (11 boxes). The BBT just dropped off the 13Lb box. No sig, glad I was home because he just knocked, dropped it in the bushes and ran back to the truck.
So with $15.50 shipping, it came to $90 & change. If you buy less than a case, it's $6.79 a box, which is still a good price. Us retired guys gotta watch the expenses.

I was gonna ask about the manufacturer's marks, but I see Richard Simmons already answered. There is also 1 and a D on the rim.

My biggest problem with cleaning my 49/56 is the gas tube. I have long pipe cleaners, but they still leave pipe cleaner residue that sort of blows out when it's shot, but I still have to pull it out. Looks like gas tube nose hairs.
Is there a better or easier way to clean that gas tube? Thanks for the Heads-Up.

Richard Simmons
01-29-2013, 07:21 PM
For the gas tube I use something like these AR Mops http://www.amazon.com/Tapco-Pack-20-Tube-Mops/dp/B002ZVQMEU and brake cleaner.

number6
01-30-2013, 03:21 AM
For the gas tube I use something like these AR Mops http://www.amazon.com/Tapco-Pack-20-Tube-Mops/dp/B002ZVQMEU and brake cleaner.
That looks like the 12" pipe cleaners I use. I wet 'em with soapy water and work them in there. Repeat till clean, then use Hoppes and a bit of Break Free.

number6
03-13-2013, 12:52 AM
I went to see how much of the 7.5 surplus ammo was left at AIM.
They are "Out Of Stock". Glad I got mine, thanks to O.S.O.K. and Richard Simmons mentioning it.

Richard Simmons
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Number6,

Have you had a chance to try any of the 7.5 you got from AIM?

number6
05-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Number6,

Have you had a chance to try any of the 7.5 you got from AIM?
Unfortunately, no. Doesn't look like I'll be going out anytime soon, either. The outdoor, county owned range is the only place I can bench shoot, but it is now summer in S. Fla. For those that haven't been down to Miami in the summer rainy season, I can tell you it is hot, humid & miserable. I hope to get out there for a night time shoot once the dryer weather arrives.

I wonder if this ammo is the same, or similar to that batch Century was selling a few years back? That stuff was still on links. It is, of course, very corrosive.