PDA

View Full Version : Those Sorry Motherscratchers!!!

Charliebravo
01-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Alright, Gents

You probably aren't aware, but Mrs. 'Bravo is a registered nurse in Women's Services (Labor and Delivery) for the largest health care provider in Tarrant County, TX (Fort Worth). She just received a Facebook post from a former co-worker (she's since changed facilities) that there are going to be changes to the patient intake questionnaire that will include the question "are there any firearms in your place of residence?" Nurses will be REQUIRED by hospital policy to ask every patient this question. Since this questionnaire will be entered electronically, and since many of the patients are on Medicare or Medicaid, one can only assume that Uncle Sugar will have access to these answers. Like I said, this is a FORMER co-worker and it's unknown if she's still working for the same company. We're still trying to nail this down as to which system this is, but, once it's verified, we're going to have to conduct an internet-wide fire mission. Us, Arfcom, AKFiles, Glocktalk, everyone. I'll keep everyone posted on the guilty party. I want their corporate switchboard shut down.....COMPLETELY.

ready
01-18-2013, 01:52 AM
We saw this coming. I have alot of drs and nurses in my family so Ill see what I can find out too.

alismith
01-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Whatever happened to, "Don't ask; Don't tell?" Oh, sorry, I forgot. That only applies to queers and fags. Gun owners are the real perverts, now...

skorpion
01-18-2013, 04:48 AM
I don't agree with that question and it's none of their darn business. However, would that "medical" question be advantageous to any gun-owning patient who simply says, "no?"

rci2950
01-18-2013, 04:52 AM
would that "medical" question be advantageous to any gun-owning patient who simply says, "no?"

exactly...

ready
01-18-2013, 05:12 AM
I feel like its opening the door for drs to make a professional recommendation as to whether you should own weapons.

Schuetzenman
01-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Piss on em!

Ruskiegunlover
01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Don't respond. Say you are not constitutionally required to do so. And what can they do to you if you decline to answer?

ready
01-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Youre prob better off lying. Your refusal tells them everything they need to know.

MAYNI-AK
01-18-2013, 08:20 AM
More of this administrations Gestapo tactics!

Altarboy
01-18-2013, 08:42 AM
I would say something along the lines of "no, only the glowing bunnies have the guns".

NAPOTS
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
I would be inclined to lie on this one however I am worried that they will throw something in the law to allow your insurance to drop you if they cross reference your statement and find out that you lied. Probably along the lines that you concealed medically relevant information.

This is bullshit.

01-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Don't respond. Say you are not constitutionally required to do so. And what can they do to you if you decline to answer?
Just decline to answer.

Mrs308 is a Registrar at a local Hospital and while "she" is required to ask certain questions of patients, the patient is always free to, and often does decline to answer personal questions unrelated to their surgical procedure.

Charliebravo
01-18-2013, 09:16 AM
I don't agree with that question and it's none of their darn business. However, would that "medical" question be advantageous to any gun-owning patient who simply says, "no?"
While I'll agree, the point is that it's none of the health care industry's damn business whether we have firearms. Do you really think that the hospital cares? They're simply gathering information for the government. While basically toothless, this was the most insidious part of the Jug-Eared Kenyan's E.O.'s the other day. With the gradual government takeover of health care, I'm convinced that this is how they're going to try to get our guns. They'll get the low-hanging fruit first with mental health. First, it will just be the really batshit crazy people, which we won't have a problem with. Then, it'll be anyone who's seen a psychiatrist/psychologist for any type of depression, with prescriptions for any anti-depressant medication being an automatic disqualifier for firearm ownership. Eventually, even things as trivial as receiving marital counseling will be included because they'll trot out some statistic that women in troubled marriages with a gun owning husband are (insert percentage here) more likely to be shot to death by that husband. Anyone who disagrees will be shouted down as a misogynist.

Once the mental health angle has run its course, then they'll start the secondary of angle of going after gun owner's wallets......all aided by the "studies" by the CDC that Obama ordered. First, they'll trot out more statistics on how much the government pays out to treat gun-related injuries, basically disqualifying anyone who's health care is in any way government-funded (think of Old Grump and his Medicare). Then, they'll come out with more arbitrary numbers to show the health insurance providers how much it costs them in gun-related injury costs. Health insurance carriers will be given the option to cancel policies or jack up the rates of gun owners. Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me, at least with this administration, to see Uncle Sugar share NICS information with insurance carriers. The insurance lobbyists will see to it that the companies get lists of CHL holders so they'll know how to set their rates for us. The insurance companies will be more than happy to add this "firearm surcharge" to our premiums to improve their bottom line. Eventually, the government just outright ORDERS the insurance companies to add this surcharge, then increase taxes on insurance companies so that it's the government that actually receives the money. These "fees" will increase to the point that firearm ownership become cost-prohibitive.

This is the kind of nonsense that Cass Sunstein was talking about. We're about to be "nudged" into surrendering our firearms and the health system is how they're going to do it. I'm still waiting to hear back as to which hospital system it is that's made this decision (either Texas Health Resources or Baylor). We're going to have to stand up to them early-on, or it'll only get worse.

samiam
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
it would appear doctor/patient confidentiality no longer exists . . those of you who are catholic better not tell the priest about your co-worker with the great tits

coppertales
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
Once "they" determine that we have guns health coverage will be denied. That way "they" will ensure we all will die off sooner so "they" can take our guns. It will be tied in to the death panel of obummercare.....chris3

sevlex
01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
http://patrioticjewelry.com/osc/images/justsaynobutton.jpg

Charliebravo
01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Well, the offending party is going to be Texas Health Resources. It's a massive company that operates 24 hospitals in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It's still unclear whether this is just a policy consideration or an adopted policy that just hasn't been implemented yet. I've made calls to THR and nobody at the corporate office seems to have an answer. The lady that I spoke to was very nice, but was in customer service and had no idea what I was referring to. She claims that she's going to find an answer to my question and call me back. Will keep everyone posted. Sorry if it doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you, but this makes my blood boil. Not only is it a complete invasion of our privacy (on behalf of the government), but Mrs. 'Bravo could be forced to participate as a condition of her employment.

nitewatcherXX
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Shit whats next using "Spousal Privilege"? Does your husband or wife have any firearms in the home?

L1A1Rocker
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
They are in violation of the Healthcare law by asking that question.

Charliebravo
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
They are in violation of the Healthcare law by asking that question.
Like I said, this is coming from a Facebook post, so I'm trying to get it nailed down before I jump offsides. If true though, I'm going to hotlink their website's "contact us" box to every gun board and right-leaning political board I can think of. I want phone lines to melt and computer terminals to catch fire at corporate headquarters if they're really going to try this shit.

Just found this little gem:

Preserve the rights of health care providers to protect their patients and communities from gun violence.

Call on the Department of Health and Human Services to issue a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prevents them from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence.

Issue guidance clarifying that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit or otherwise regulate communication between doctors and patients, including about firearms.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/blog/full-list-of-obamas-executive-orders-on-gun-control/