PDA

View Full Version : I guess the TV show "Revolution" isn't so far-fetched afterall...

skorpion
01-18-2013, 01:32 PM
When that NBC show Revolution came out this past fall, I thought it was corny how everyone was running around with swords and black powder rifles 15 years after the SHTF because ammo was so rare and expensive. I must say, after seeing how quickly the ammo supply dried up within the past month in reality, now I don't see that show being so far-fetched!

Cypher
01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
That's only because demand outpaced supply temporarily. If demand kept up at the same pace long term, supply would eventually come up to meet the demand. Or if materials is a issue prices would shoot through the roof until demand lessens :)

Although 15 years post SHTF I could see ammo being very scarce.

NAPOTS
01-18-2013, 09:11 PM
If TEOTWAWKI happens and no more ammo is produced it would probably end up being worth more than gold after 15 years. I am sure dumb asses will shoot up 90% of it in the first year.

raxar
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
If TEOTWAWKI happens and no more ammo is produced it would probably end up being worth more than gold after 15 years. I am sure dumb asses will shoot up 90% of it in the first year.

I have my doubts about that. I would hazard a guess that most people who get into a lot of gunfights won't last very long. I think most ammo will burn up in the uncontrolled fires that will sweep everywhere with buildings in close proximity.

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Hell, I've heard one Democrap shit-head say he wanted all weapons limited to 1 shot.

Cypher
01-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Hell, I've heard one Democrap shit-head say he wanted all weapons limited to 1 shot.

Well, at least the ammo supply would last a lot longer.

Gunner1558
01-19-2013, 01:54 PM

Going to make it rough on the military and police.

NAPOTS
01-19-2013, 11:37 PM
I have a feeling if the shit ever did hit the fan on a large scale that a lot of stupid people are going to kill each other ina short amount of time. I don't ever expect to need all of my ammo, but it could be a very valuable bartered item at some point in time.

recon
01-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a feeling if the shit ever did hit the fan on a large scale that a lot of stupid people are going to kill each other ina short amount of time. I don't ever expect to need all of my ammo, but it could be a very valuable bartered item at some point in time.

That is why most of us here on these boards that been here a while have already taken that step on ammo.