PDA

View Full Version : Hanniity hit a home run...

coppertales
01-18-2013, 10:22 PM
with his show tonight with respect to gun rights. He had a pro shooter shoot various guns into a piece of sheet metal to show what each one did. She used a 223, 3006, shotgun slug, shotgun bird shot, 9mm, and 45acp. The evil scary AR round made the littlest holes. The audience was new york folks that are mostly against the new laws in NY and pro gun. I think he is going to do it again next Friday....chris3

Schuetzenman
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Nice, I didn't see it, but would like to.

Warthogg
01-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Nice, I didn't see it, but would like to.

Was worth seeing.

Learned NT state's shiny new gun law did NOT exempt LEO's !! The boys and girls in blue are pissed.

Wart

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM
It is on right now at midnight Eastern Time. I'm watching it now.

Oswald Bastable
01-19-2013, 12:22 AM
Learned NT state's shiny new gun law did NOT exempt LEO's !! The boys and girls in blue are pissed.

Cuomo's already fawning all over that...assuring them he didn't mean...ahem...his kind of...ahem...the people who protect...ahem...the people he depends...ahem...the police...

FunkyPertwee
01-19-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm watching Wayne La'Pierre on Hannity now.

While I agree with everything he has said in regards to gun rights and school security, why do they need to harp on video games every time? Don't they know how many young people, including shooters, that turns off from their message? Don't they know how many new shooters got into guns because of movies and video games?

And really, they're complaining about Mortal Kombat, from 1992. That argument is as old and stupid as the original assault weapons ban.

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 12:44 AM

While I agree with everything he has said in regards to gun rights and school security, why do they need to harp on video games every time? Don't they know how many young people, including shooters, that turns off from their message? Don't they know how many new shooters got into guns because of movies and video games?

And really, they're complaining about Mortal Kombat, from 1992. That argument is as old and stupid as the original assault weapons ban.

Yeah, I've been gaming since it was Avalon Hill Board Games Like Wooden Ships and Iron Men, American Revolutionary War, then on to the first PC video games. Somehow I din't feel like running out and killing anybody because of games. If their argument is true then people have gotten a lot stupider since I was a teen and young adult.

Charliebravo
01-19-2013, 12:50 AM
That argument is as old and stupid as the original assault weapons ban.

Read "On Killing" by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. He's no lefty by any stretch. Once you understand the psychology behind military training and first-person shooter games, you'll understand what the fuss is about. I don't let my son play them. He can stick to Mario Cart.

FunkyPertwee
01-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Read "On Killing" by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. He's no lefty by any stretch. Once you understand the psychology behind military training and first-person shooter games, you'll understand what the fuss is about. I don't let my son play them. He can stick to Mario Cart.

Having played first person shooters since Wolfenstein 3D in 1992, its too ingrained in my personality to allow its censorship.

Really all it is is a clicking game. Click on the target and watch an animation.

stevelyn
01-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Was worth seeing.

Wart

I wonder where their thug unions stand on this? It's got to be a shit or go blind moment for them.

Charliebravo
01-19-2013, 01:07 AM
Having played first person shooters since Wolfenstein 3D in 1992, its too ingrained in my personality to allow its censorship.

Really all it is is a clicking game. Click on the target and watch an animation.
I'm not calling for government censorship. I'm calling for parental responsibility. Did you know that in WWII, the engagement rate for U.S. infantrymen was only about 20%? They weren't cowards by any stretch. They would often put themselves in greater peril by recovering dead and wounded soldiers or ferrying ammo between foxholes rather than shooting at enemy forces. The problem was that they COULDN'T KILL. They hadn't been TRAINED to kill. They had been taught to SHOOT on bullseye targets, then were TOLD to kill. Big difference. After Korea, the Army sought the assistance of psychologists. The psychologists told them that they had to have reactive targets that popped up, then fell when shot. The Army changed their training. Engagement rates went over 90% in Vietnam. The psychology matters in some.

Pikeman
01-19-2013, 01:11 AM
THOSE IDIOTS TEND TO PASS REACTIONARY LAW ALL THE TIME AND NEVER THINK IT THRU. Blumy aint the first either. Nj has the stupid "no Hollow Points law. I guess they hope that bullets passing thru the bad guy may hit a second to make up for magazine limits.
and don't let them blame video games for violence either. My aversion to letting little white squares get passed me has nothing to do with pong, and the turtle tossing thing is in preparation for Cave Man Olympics which is sure to happen on day and I want to be ready.

was_peacemaker
01-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I've been gaming since it was Avalon Hill Board Games Like Wooden Ships and Iron Men, American Revolutionary War, then on to the first PC video games. Somehow I din't feel like running out and killing anybody because of games. If their argument is true then people have gotten a lot stupider since I was a teen and young adult.

Yep +1000. I conquer Europe in the game Total War 2 but I know in real life I am no warlord.

Cypher
01-19-2013, 07:52 AM

Honestly I think part of it is to deflect the blame and attention away from the 2A, like why are they talking about gun control and not the violence in media. I would rather violence in movies and games be attacked than the 2A, although I don't think that is the problem.

My biggest problem as far as violence in media is more with parents that let little kids play and watch anything and everything they want. I don't think it is good for young kids to be exposed to crazy stuff at such a young age and with impressionable minds.

Altarboy
01-19-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm not calling for government censorship. I'm calling for parental responsibility. Did you know that in WWII, the engagement rate for U.S. infantrymen was only about 20%? They weren't cowards by any stretch. They would often put themselves in greater peril by recovering dead and wounded soldiers or ferrying ammo between foxholes rather than shooting at enemy forces. The problem was that they COULDN'T KILL. They hadn't been TRAINED to kill. They had been taught to SHOOT on bullseye targets, then were TOLD to kill. Big difference. After Korea, the Army sought the assistance of psychologists. The psychologists told them that they had to have reactive targets that popped up, then fell when shot. The Army changed their training. Engagement rates went over 90% in Vietnam. The psychology matters in some.

This makes sense to me. I think there are a lot of factors involved and this has to be one of them along with psyco-drugs and declining morals.

01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_K3sUT3d4

Gunner1558
01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Mom and no Dad can't possibly be the reason.

Got to be those violent video games.

sevlex
01-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Damn! Jessie is a hottie.

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/2afdd0daa78b4a57a4392dcbbb10901e/l.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww193/ThisDayInHistory14/JessieAbbate000.jpg

I think the canted sight on my WASR10 just straightened up.
:cool1:

Sherman
01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
^ Good God almighty!!!!

rshaneck2002
01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
And they say Nascar is where its at? dont think they have a damn thing up on us for sure! oh hell,same crowd?

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 02:25 PM

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/2afdd0daa78b4a57a4392dcbbb10901e/l.jpg

I think the canted sight on my WASR10 just straightened up.
:cool1:

Schwing!!!!!!!!!

Tiredofit
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Bang Bang Bang......cigarette

Krupski
01-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Was worth seeing.

Wart

ALL NY boys and girls are pissed.

Krupski
01-19-2013, 04:04 PM

I can't see how playing shooter games can have any effect on a person. I've played various PFS games (I'm not a "gamer", but I've played a few). I kinda know the difference between a game and reality....

With that said, I am going to order the book you mentioned and see what he has to say.

FunkyPertwee
01-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I can't see how playing shooter games can have any effect on a person. I've played various PFS games (I'm not a "gamer", but I've played a few). I kinda know the difference between a game and reality....

With that said, I am going to order the book you mentioned and see what he has to say.

I am interested as well.

The best I can come up with is it could make some people feel as if they have skills they really don't. Or maybe try to do stupid stuff like take cover behind drywall.

mrkalashnikov
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM

Not only that, but sweet Jessie looks like she digs sitting on long, thick wood. Brrrrrrrr!!

Charliebravo
01-19-2013, 11:39 PM
I can't see how playing shooter games can have any effect on a person.

For a grown man, probably none. For an 8-18 year old boy whose brain isn't fully developed, it can have an impact.

T2K
01-20-2013, 04:54 AM
She's cool and pretty...but she dropped her first 9mm off the target area! Three shots, only two hits. WTF?

was_peacemaker
01-20-2013, 07:13 AM

Yeah she sure is a little hottie! This makes up for whoever posted those pics of Finestien yesterday.