PDA

View Full Version : Sa93 video

whitelightning777
01-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Here's my personal first AK, in a YouTube video. One individual asked about it, but I realized that more might be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sV2sGXtSlA

Enjoy!!

Comment, rant, rave whatever.

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Well I can see you enjoy the weapon as you've set it up. I've shot brass cased AK ammo, the Yugoslavs have nothing but Brass Cased ammo. The Russians and all the rest use steel cases just because it's cheaper to make a case out of steel. To the point, of mentioning the brass cased Yugo ammo, I've fired it in 6 different types of AK from different countries of origin; Bulgarian, Hungarian, Chinese, Romanian, Yugoslav and East German. None of them showed any signs of not liking the brass cased Yugo ammo.

Brass cases expand and then contract back, they are elastic in nature. Steel expands and contracts back as well but not as much contraction as the brass, meaning not as elastic in nature. This results in higher extraction forces potentially for steel cased ammo. The AK bolt has a very large and powerful extractor, it doesn't care one way or the other. Now an AR15, that's another discussion.

whitelightning777
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Oh mine will always shoot, zero failures actually.

Hitting the target on the otherhand is a problem.

The only other thing I can think of is if the actual bullets in US brass ammo are thinner then Warsaw pact bullets. That would hurt the stability and reduce speed. Still, they're both 7.62. So that doesn't explain it either.

A steel case isn't as slick as brass. It grips tighter, tight enough to cause jams in other types of rifles.

If a scope is a little loose, accuracy drops.

Therefore, if the round is loose and the bullet can move side to side, shouldn't accuracy suffer as well??

Its not unsafe to shoot brass, just slightly embarrassing when others are watching you shoot.

Best of all, steel is cheaper!! Wouldn't it be nice if women were like that?