PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show--Vendors banned from Displaying Assault weapons

Pikeman
01-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Reed Exhibitions is the company that runs this show. They also run the SHOT Show. They have notified all the vendors that they they may not include assault weapons, parts, magazines or photos, video or brochures or advertisements of same as part of their display. Apparently this was OK far away at the Shot Show but this Ct based company wont let these things scare us here. A number of vendors including Cabelas, Shrop gun shop and Atlantic Tactical have already bailed on the show. NRA is awaiting response but has claimed it will not be at the 2014 show if the edict is not reversed. Vendor calls to the company go unanswered.

Not that I, a peon expect a self rightious company to respond to me if they wont respond to their direct customers but here is the body of an E-mail I sent them

I have been involved in hunting and Law enforcement for over 30 years an a gun owner even longer (NRA Benefactor Member)and in all that time I had only known Jim Zumbo to stick his foot this deep in his own mouth. I just learned that that the Eastern Sports and Out Door show will not permit vendors to feature, show, exhibit anything assault weapon or high cap magazine related. Zumbo is likely pointing at you guys and laughing his fool head off. As you may have guessed I do not agree with this censorship of legal sale items on your part.Especially since by now you should have learned that the much maligned bushmaster had not been used in Sandy Hook as had been so widely reported. I condemn you even more though for hypocrisy as you also sponsor the SHOT Show. I guess those guns were too far away to cause your panties to get twisted.
I have attended this show for many years and have spent a small fortune on guns, accessories, hunts an even cook wear. Last year alone I spent over $5,000 with Eoroptic an $2,000 with Woody's Guide Service at your show. Just to kick your ass a little harder, the last two boar hunts I booked through this show I used a dreaded assault weapon to take my boars. My wife and I had planned to attend again until I received this news of your ban. We Will not attend for this reason. I will inform the vendors that I used to visit of my reasons. Some have already bailed on you. I hope the others come to the same decision for this and future shows.
parting question.....Will you ban large soft drinks or excessive salt on pretzels to?

PAFAO.ORG is requesting others to voice their opinions to

eseveral@reedexpo.com
cohara@reedexpo.com
ckitlasz@reedexpo.com

lots of posts on the subject at pafao.org in general forum

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Stupid shit like this from people that make their living off of Gun People and Companies make me sick. I hope 90% of the exhibiters cancel and demand a refund.

01-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Idiots.

ready
01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Yes, an absolute boycott is in order.

Helen Keller
01-19-2013, 08:07 PM
good way to commit financial suicide.

recon
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
I was going also! Now they can eat it! :bat:
Just sent them a nasty graham.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

sevlex
01-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Here's the latest list over vendors boycotting the show.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2980080/posts

2 Million Bullets
2 Million Bullets on Facebook

Alaska's Ravencroft Lodge
Alaska's Ravencroft Lodge on Facebook

Archers Choice Media - Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo
Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo on Facebook

Arrowhead Outdoors
Arrowhead Outdoors on Facebook

Atlantic Tactical
Atlantic Tactical on Facebook

The Bear Whisperer - Blaine Anthony
The Bear Whisperer - Blaine Anthony on Facebook

Boondock Outdoors
Boondock Outdoors on Facebook

Cabela's
Cabela's on Facebook

CanCooker CanCooker on Facebook

Cross Canyon Arms
Cross Canyon Arms on Facebook

Cutting Edge Bullets
Cutting Edge Bullets on Facebook

Dead Ringer
Dead Ringer on Facebook

Direct Action Tactical Firearms
Direct Action Tactical Firearms on Facebook

Domari Nolo Defense Consulting
Domari Nolo Defense Consulting on Facebook

DuckWater Boats Dover Ohio
DuckWater Boats Dover Ohio on Facebook

Full Circle Outdoors on Facebook

Fulldraw Outfitters - Fred Eichler
Fred Eichler on Facebook

HookHunt on Facebook

Hunters and Guides Connection
Hunters and Guides Connection on Facebook

Kinsey's Outdoors
Kinsey's Outdoors on Facebook

Lancaster Archery Supply
Lancaster Archery Supply on Facebook

Midwest Whitetail Adventures
Midwest Whitetail Adventures on Facebook

My Northeast Outdoors

Nature Blinds, LLC
Nature Blinds, LLC on Facebook

Open Season TV
Open Season TV on Facebook

Trop Gun Shop
Trop Gun Shop on Facebook

Wired Outdoors
Wired Outdoors on Facebook

Whitetail Bosses
Whitetail Bosses on Facebook

X- Stand Treestands
X- Stand Treestands on Facebook

Zook Cabins
Zook Cabins on Facebook

recon
01-20-2013, 12:37 PM
I hope more join them!

binky59
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see the promoters lose their shirt on this one. The sad part is that
the outfitters are losing out too.

deth502
01-20-2013, 03:45 PM
I'd like to see the promoters lose their shirt on this one. The sad part is that
the outfitters are losing out too.

i see many on that list that i do business with. i can gaurentee that this decision will only go to help them in my book, im sure there are many others like me.

many of these, like trops, cabelas, lancaster archery, kinseys, atlantic tactical, ect, are all big names in pa, its not like they really need the exposure.

Pikeman
01-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I hope Bass Pro chimes in. They run the fishing derby an bus people in from their stores parking lot for Free! unlike the farms show $10 parking fees

recon
01-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Exactly!

deth502
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
bass pro chimed in by removing all of the evil black rifles off of their shelves. you can be sure which side they are on.

Guns Network Staff
01-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Reminds me of all the company's selling high cap mags and other ammunition at three times the retail.... Again until everyone tells the IDIOTS in the gun industry... to FUCK OFF AND DIE.... shit is going to continue.....

recon
01-21-2013, 10:13 AM
Agree! The prices that people are paying are nuts! But there paying for it. To many new people got into this and there driving up the prices.

sevlex
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
It's too late to cancel & get a refund.

Instead, vendors should show up and then protest by displaying cardboard cutouts of ARs & AKs. Then not go to any more their pussy-fart shows.

:coffee:

nfa1934
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
It's too late to cancel & get a refund.

Instead, vendors should show up and then protest by displaying cardboard cutouts of ARs & AKs. Then not go to any more their pussy-fart shows.

:coffee:

I would show up and display the real thing. If I purchased floor space to show my wares, then I would damned well show my wares. There's no changing the contract after the agreement is made. I would also sue them for deliberately taking an action that caused decreased foot traffic past my display when people skip this show.

sevlex
01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
It looks like the pooch is being screwed:

Over 150 sponsors pull out of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show; causing concern over fate of show (http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Over-150-sponsors-pull-out-of-Eastern-Sports-and/lDZLxxPYJkKI0X5CKmMJHA.cspx)

deth502
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
It looks like the pooch is being screwed:

Over 150 sponsors pull out of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show; causing concern over fate of show (http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Over-150-sponsors-pull-out-of-Eastern-Sports-and/lDZLxxPYJkKI0X5CKmMJHA.cspx)

if youve ever been to the show, its FUCKING HUGE. i really dont think that 150 vendors cancelling will make that much of a difference. there are also a lot of vendors that say they dont agree, but cannot financially afford to miss the show due to teh revenue it generates for them. i can understand that, and i wouldnt fault them for it.

what will be the eral determining factor is if the PEOPLE follow through and boycott the show. then the promoter will lose income, and the vendors that are there will not get the business they expect, and id bet a good percentage of them wont be back after that. imo, its a bad situation for a lot of them. they might not agree with the politics, but are trapped in them, and they will be losing out, but in the grand scheme of things, imo, id love to see the promoters REALLY feel it for this decision.

but on the other hand, afa the vendors are concerned, my theory, and this is backed up by facts, is that vendors really dont benifit much by attending there. if you have a guide service, there are HUNDREDS of guide services there, most of them just get walked past. they would fare much better in a smaller venue without being surounded by so many identical services.

afa the facts on that one, m friends kid runs a guide service, he tried that show once. it cost a fortune for a space, and he blended right in with the hundreds of other businesses, and pretty much wasted his time. he said he is much better off doing the small shows, and gets a much higher return on mch less investment.

just a few completely unrelated observations on the subject.

recon
01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Just saw this and now they have said S&W is pulling out also. 175+ vendors so far and 20 guest speakers said there not going either. This list is getting bigger by the day.

sevlex
01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
You make good points, deth. The thing for the promoter is that 15% of the exhibitors have cancelled. They have a lot of support. This could pick up steam.

Time will tell.

deth502
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/BoycottTheEasternSportsAndOutdoorShow

recon
01-22-2013, 08:00 PM
http://mynortheastoutdoors.com/esos-boycott-supporters/

deth502
01-22-2013, 08:03 PM
You make good points, deth. The thing for the promoter is that 15% of the exhibitors have cancelled. They have a lot of support. This could pick up steam.

Time will tell.

like i said, its kind of a bitch to screw over some of the vendors there ( im sure there are some that agree with the stance, and i feel no sorrow for them losing out) but i hope your right. i hope this sends them down in flames. it will send a message.

deth502
01-22-2013, 08:05 PM

as much as i hate to plug them, since im a hoyt guy, matthews bows has also voiced support for the boycott among the non-attendees.

deth502
01-22-2013, 08:11 PM
hold on a minute, the four "anchor sponsors" included the outdoor channel. the last posted list had "outdoor channel outfitters" on it, is this the same sponsor?

sevlex
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Now it's the NRA. These assholes just Zumbo'd themselves.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2013/nra-withdraws-from-eastern-sports-outdoor-show-due-to-reed-exhibitions-decision-to-ban-modersn-sporting-rifles.aspx

Helen Keller
01-23-2013, 07:11 AM
:lool:

you know you fucked up when the NRA bows out .

Schuetzenman
01-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Stick a fork in em ....... they're done!

ready
01-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Stick a fork in em ....... they're done!

This sends a great message. We're not paying these companies to turn on us.

CigarGuy
01-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Good for them but I feel sorry for my birth-city of Harrisburg. :(
Sure it was a good hit for tourism, especially in the middle of winter? Now, no one is showing up.
Hopefully, they(Harrisburg) doesn't have a long-term contract with them!

sevlex
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Now its up to 181:

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/805854_List-of-exhibitors-boycotting-the-Eastern-Sports-and-Outdoor-Show.html

•Abner Druckenmiller
•Ambush Firearms
•American Whitetails of PA
•Antler Insanity
•Apex Tactical Specialties
•Appalachian Big Game TV
•Arrowhead Outdoors
•Artistic Visions Wildlife Studio
•Athens Archery
•Atlantic Tactical
•Avian-X Decoys
•Bangin Redhedz
•Bear Archery
•Big Game Butter
•Blitz TV
•The Bear Whisperer
•Benelli
•Blackhawk Holsters
•Bob Mercier
•Bohning Archery
•Bone Collectors
•Boondock Outdoors
•Boulder Basin Outfitters
•Bowfreakz.com
•Bowhunter's Den
•BowHunter Planet
•Bowhunting.com
•Bowlife LLC
•Buck Bomb
•Burt Coyote Lumenok
•C&D Outfitters
•Cabela's
•Campbell Cameras
•Camo Addiction
•CanCooker
•Chris Brackett
•Cody Turkey Calls
•Cold Steel Knives
•Continental Divide Outfitters
•Cross Canyon Arms
•Cutting Edge Bullets
•Dead Ringer
•Direct Action Tactical Firearms
•Dirty Dog Outdoors
•Domari Nolo Defense Consulting
•Dominator 365
•Down N Dirty Outdoors
•Drakes Migration Nation
•DuckWater Boats
•Dunn's Knives
•Eastern Chapter Wild Sheep Foundation
•Eastern Outdoors
•Eddie Salter
•Eotech
•Family Traditions TV
•Farmland Trophies Outfitting
•Federal Ammunition
•Field Proven Calls
•Firearms Industry Consulting Group
•Firenock
•Fish Outdoor Properties
•Foiles Migrators
•Forbes Turkey Calls
•FoxPro Game Calls
•Franchi
•Fred Eichler
•Full Circle Outdoors
•Ghost River Outfitters
•Goey Hunting Calls
•Gone Wild Outdoors
•Gut-N-Tag
•Haley Heath
•Heartland Whitetails
•Herd Guard & Body Guard 360
•Hevi-Shot
•High Lonesome Outfitters
•Honey Creek Outfitters
•HookHunt
•Hunters and Guides Connection
•Hunter Safety Systems
•Hunter's Specialties
•International Bowhunting Organization
•IceHole Coolers
•IScope
•Jay Gregory
•Jim Shockey
•Keystone Country Store
•Keystone Elk Country Alliance
•King of the Mountain Inc.
•Kinsey's Outdoors
•KodaBow
•Lancaster Archery Supply
•Larry Weishuhn
•Lee & Tiffany Lakosky
•Leupold
•LHR Muzzleloaders
•Major League Bowhunter
•Midwest Whitetail Adventures
•Muddy Outdoors
•Dominance is Everything Hunting System
•Matt Morett
•Montana Mountain West Outfitters
•Mountain Dog Chews
•NasHunt Outdoors
•National Hunting Directory
•National Wild Turkey Federation
•Nature Blinds
•Northern Hideaway Outfitters
•National Rifle Association
•Ol' Man Treestands
•Open Season TV
•Otis Technology
•Outdoor Channel
•Outdoor Channel Outfitters
•Outdoor Edge Knives
•Ozonics Hunting
•PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
•PA Taxidermy Association
•PA Trappers Association
•Pat & Nicole Reever
•Pat Strawser Custom Calls
•Pipeline Ridge Hunting Preserve
•Primal Urge Outdoors
•Primos Hunting Calls
•PSE Archery
•Radical Hunter
•Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo
•Ranew's Outdoor Equipment
•Redfield
•Revolution Hunting
•Rhino Outdoors
•Rick White
•Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
•Rougeaux Taxidermy
•Ruger
•Savage Outdoors
•Sean Mann
•SecureIt Tactical
•Skull Shine
•Smith & Wesson
•Southern Game Calls
•Spook Spann
•Sportsmen of North America TV
•The Sportsman's Shop
•Stan Potts
•State Line Bone Mine
•Stay Ready Inc.
•Steiner Optics
•Stoeger
•Stokerized Stabilizers
•Summit Treestands
•Susquehanna River Waterfowlers Association
•Table Mountain Outfitters
•Team Urban Nocks
•TenPoint Crossbows
•Tex-Mex Outdoors
•Thompson/Center
•TNT Archery
•Tom Dokken
•Tough Country Products
•TreeRider
•Trent Cole
•Trijicon Inc.
•Trop Gun Shop
•Turnbull Manufacturing
•Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania
•Virginia Blade Knives
•The Warmbag
•Weaver's Archery
•Whitetail Bosses
•Whitetail Freaks
•Whitetail Heaven Outdoors
•Wild Outdoors
•Wired Outdoors
•Woodcock Limited of PA
•Wyvern Creations
•X-Stand Treestands
•Zink Calls
•Zook Cabins
•2 Million Bullets
•24-7 Hunting TV

deth502
01-23-2013, 03:40 PM
take weavers archery off that list, they apparently agree completely with the decision, they are just fucking cowards.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151385788350673&id=238189410672

Hello Friends,
We at Weaver's Archery, are deeply saddened by all the negative influence, comments, and atmosphere surrounding the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show. We do not believe that joining a boycott is the right response. However, at this point, we have chosen not to exhibit because of the safety of those representing our company and the long-term negative light that may be shed on our company as a result of showing. This is a hard business decision for us to make. Exhibiting at the ESOS directly affects the yearly financial health of our company. While we are quite concerned about this we want to renew our trust in God as the giver and provider of everything we need.
We have always enjoyed meeting new people, renewing old friendships and exhibiting Weaver's Archery at this show. We will miss seeing many of you there but we welcome you to visit us at the shop.

recon
01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
It's now 233 vendors and 37 guest speakers gone! Wow!

shotdown61
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Looks like it's going to be a fine camping show.

CigarGuy
01-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Seeing as they are not refunding money(that's correct, right?), it's even more impressive that that many vendors would
put principle over profit. And, I hope the City of Harrisburg gets ALL their money, too!

sevlex
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
The people have spoken....and been heard!

:rotflmbao::rotflmbao::rotflmbao:

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - Update - January 24, 2013

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

“ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”

And let this be a warning to all you wobbly-assed senators regarding Feinswein's AWB.

abpt1
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
The people have spoken....and been heard!

:rotflmbao::rotflmbao::rotflmbao:

And let this be a warning to all you wobbly-assed senators regarding Feinswein's AWB.

:anim_beer-1:

Yeah I got a post from Harrisburg this morning LOL OUTSTANDING !

tank_monkey
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
AWESOME!

Of course the news is slamming the evil NRA for shutting down the LARGEST OUTDOORS SPORTS show in the country! LOL!!!!

I'm amazed! Even the TURKEY HUNTERS got in on this one. They pulled out of the show as well! Looks like FUDDS are seeing the light! Woo hoo!!!!!

The National Wild Turkey Federation, a group supported by turkey hunters, said they were boycotting to raise awareness of the threat against the Second Amendment. "We feel strongly about the importance of the Second Amendment in pursuit of our mission of preserving our hunting heritage," said Skip Motts, president of the NWTF Pennsylvania State Chapter.

nitewatcherXX
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Guess we dont have to wonder if the "Fudd" groups were backing the 2A :) Nice to see unity.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Guess we dont have to wonder if the "Fudd" groups were backing the 2A :) Nice to see unity.
They probably still remember the Zumbo incident.

nitewatcherXX
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
They probably still remember the Zumbo incident.

Zumbo?

skorpion
01-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Zumbo?
This happened in 2007:
http://www.potowmack.org/jzumbo.html

ZUMBO UPDATE — Those who are active in Second Amendment issues will recall the great Jim Zumbo flap in February. In case you have slept since then, the problem arose when the famed outdoor writer used his Outdoor Life blog to say that the M-16/AR-15 families of rifles are terrorist guns that have no valid place as hunting weapons and should be outlawed.

To say he stirred up a hornets nest would be a slight understatement.

Most of his sponsors dropped him, his television show was put on hiatus and he was essentially fired from Outdoor Life magazine within a few days.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Zumbo?
The guy called AR and AK owners terrorists.

He then proceeded to shit himself as @ %75 of his readers told him they did not find it amusing in the least to be called terrorists.

Haven't heard much of him since then...

nitewatcherXX
01-24-2013, 06:29 PM
The guy called AR and AK owners terrorists.

He then proceeded to shit himself as @ %75 of his readers told him they did not find it amusing in the least to be called terrorists.

Haven't heard much of him since then...

Thanks did not know that.