PDA

View Full Version : I Went to the Second Amendment Rally Today

btcave
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
I went to the rally at the state capitol. About what you'd expect. AKAgain met me there. Lots of scary black rifles. Lars Larson was probably the most well known speaker at the event. My brother in law got his picture taken with him. One female speaker got on the social conservative soap box and got all "Put god back in schools" and what not. Other than that most people stayed on message. We didn't stay until the end.

AKAgain went shooting with his family and I headed back to the homestead.

Our governor want AWB here, so we will see.

I'm the only one out of a thousand folks who wore a suit and tie. I knew there would be plenty of camoflage and I wasn't disapointed. I kept getting asked if I was a legislator. What the fuck, can't you at least try to look your best when you are trying to get swing voting people to take you seriously?

I hate wearing a tie! I wanted my carhart jacket and jeans.

Oh yeah. The Gypsy Jokers showed up and god bless them!

Not too bad a turn out for a left coast state.

ready
01-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Does an AK with a single point sling constitute a tie?

Thanks for showing up. Any media coverage?

btcave
01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
A few cameras and print journalists.

nitewatcherXX
01-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Good for you. I so wanted to go today. 180 miles run trip on iced up roads made me stay home.

btcave
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJnldLns2U&feature=em-uploademail

Dieselbuilder
01-19-2013, 09:26 PM
The only thing he gets wrong is Col Cooper founded what is now Gunsite Academy, NOT Front Sight! Other than that, nice speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOJnldLns2U&feature=em-uploademail

Focused Gunfire
01-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Thank you, just thank you.

Schuetzenman
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Back in 1994 there was a pro 2nd ralley in Nasville, TN when I lived nearby. I went and was one of the very few that showed up in a sport coat and tie with dress pants. Same reason btcav probably went that way. To project that we aren't just knuckle draggers and one sylable vocabulary types.

btcave
01-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Back in 1994 there was a pro 2nd ralley in Nasville, TN when I lived nearby. I went and was one of the very few that showed up in a sport coat and tie with dress pants. Same reason btcav probably went that way. To project that we aren't just knuckle draggers and one sylable vocabulary types.

Bingo. We have to sell our message to those who are uninformed. I figured my Sunday best was appropriate for something this important to me.

btcave
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/263986_4626917224353_1783147309_n.jpg

Getting old. Hahaha!

Focused Gunfire
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Hickok45 was encouraging people to wear the finest they had to the event. By the way, you do look like a congress critter. Just not as slimy.

5.56NATO
01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Was akgagin high?

btcave
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Nope.

Schuetzenman
01-21-2013, 06:36 PM
The news media want's to portray all of us like the pony tail wearing dude with the AK slung over his back in the photo. You look too mainstream and un-kooky if that is a word.

btcave
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
The news media want's to portray all of us like the pony tail wearing dude with the AK slung over his back in the photo. You look too mainstream and un-kooky if that is a word.

That's image I was trying to present.

Schuetzenman
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
That's image I was trying to present.

You did a good job of that. Looking as you did is Krytonite to the News Media, or maybe I should say a Cross to the News Vampires that try to suck the life out of this country with their Liberalism.

jet3534
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/263986_4626917224353_1783147309_n.jpg

Getting old. Hahaha!

Thanks! You da man dog. We all need to dress like you when attending RTKBA events.

El Laton Caliente
01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Nice suit... I'd like a reason besides funerals to wear one of mine...

I've got a TV Evangelist black on black on black I'd like to wear... red tie...

btcave
01-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks Jet!

btcave
01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Nice suit... I'd like a reason besides funerals to wear one of mine...

I've got a TV Evangelist black on black on black I'd like to wear... red tie...

I bought it 14 months ago at Macy's. It's the first suit I've ever owned. Grandma left me a few grand when she passed, so I spent some of the money on a suit. I knew it would please her.

El Laton Caliente
01-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Have you thought about running for office? You are looking the part.

btcave
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Have you thought about running for office? You are looking the part.

I think I'd rather cut my pecker of with a plastic MRE spoon! Lol!

mrkalashnikov
01-22-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm the only one out of a thousand folks who wore a suit and tie. I knew there would be plenty of camoflage and I wasn't disapointed. I kept getting asked if I was a legislator. What the fuck, can't you at least try to look your best when you are trying to get swing voting people to take you seriously?

People in this country have turned into goddamn slobs. It's a trend that I've especially noticed over the last 15 years or so. In the not-too-distant past people would get dressed up for any important occasion (like the one you attended), men wearing a suit, women wearing a dress. I wore a suit & tie 6 days a week for 20+ years of my life & would have felt "undressed" to attend an important function, church, wedding, funeral, dinner out at a good restaurant, etc.,in anything less. Even folks who had blue-collar professions would dress up for a special occasion like the ones I mentioned, it wasn't just a white-collar affectation. I recently attended the funeral of a 92-year old WWII vet who was a friend of the family. Half the people there were slobbed out, wearing jeans, casual shirts, etc including one goofball who had on a suit but w/ no tie & was wearing sneakers for chrissake. I felt like going around the room & slapping a few of them for their lack of respect and defiling Art's memory. I don't think it's too far of a reach to state when people habitually dress like slobs, they tend to act & think like slobs, something my folks and teachers taught me at an early age.

Good for you btcave, for representing us 2nd-Amendment folks in a positive light. I thank you for your efforts, sir.