PDA

View Full Version : Obama Ousts Another General, This Time, The Head Of Central Command .......

Guns Network Staff
01-21-2013, 10:03 PM
“Word on the national security street is that General James Mattis is being given the bum’s rush out of his job as commander of Central Command, and is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned,”reports veteran national security correspondent Thomas E. Ricks (http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/01/18/the_obama_administration_s_inexplicable_mishandlin g_of_marine_gen_james_mattis).
It now appears likely that Gen. Mattis, a Marine Corps legend, will leave his post as head of America’s most important combatant command in March, several months earlier than planned. Ricks continues:
Why the hurry? Pentagon insiders say that he rubbed civilian officials the wrong way — not because he went all “mad dog,” which is his public image, and the view at the White House, but rather because he pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action against Iran. Some of those questions apparently were uncomfortable. Like, what do you do with Iran once the nuclear issue is resolved and it remains a foe? What do you do if Iran then develops conventional capabilities that could make it hazardous for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Persian Gulf? He kept saying, “And then what?
Inquiry along these lines apparently was not welcomed — at least in the CENTCOM view. The White House view, apparently, is that Mattis was too hawkish, which is not something I believe, having seen him in the field over the years. I’d call him a tough-minded realist, someone who’d rather have tea with you than shoot you, but is happy to end the conversation either way.

The reported departure will have consequences for U.S.-Iranian relations, civil-military relations, Marine Corps morale, and inter-service politics, Ricks writes. “I am at the point where I don’t trust his national security team,” he adds. “They strike me as politicized, defensive and narrow. These are people who will not recognize it when they screw up, and will treat as enemies anyone who tells them they are doing that. And that is how things like Vietnam get repeated. Harsh words, I know. But I am worried.”
Obama is expected to pursue a diplomatic resolution to the Iranian nuclear program this year.
Evidence of Iranian entanglement in Iraq, low-intensity conflict zones in Africa and the Middle East, the Syrian civil war, Afghanistan, and in international terrorism continues to mount.
More from Ricks on the Mattis controversy here (http://ricks.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/01/19/the_ouster_of_mattis_some_follow_up_details_and_a_ white_house_response).

http://freebeacon.com/report-obama-ousting-centcom-chief-mattis/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This a a HUGE TELL TALE sign of what Obama is doing to Generals who question EVERYTHING....

old Grump
01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
To be a good general you have to be tough. to stay general you have to learn to kiss ass. The 'Warrior Monk' wasn't too good at puckering up. Appointing him was one of the best moves the White House ever made, removing him for a more malleable figurehead is just another crack in our defense against evil. Unfortunately this won't get much press.

ltorlo64
01-21-2013, 11:04 PM
I think it is good for us to pursue diplomatic options with Iran. It has worked so well in the past I can't believe it took us so long to try again.

On a separate but related note, what is the definition of insanity?

NATIONALIST
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
obama hates our military ! if you watch 2016 you'll see obama's plan to destroy america , part of that plan is to weaken our military .....

bluzjamer
01-21-2013, 11:59 PM
+ 1 Nationalist, that movie really hits home to how f#@ked we are as a nation.

Warthogg
01-22-2013, 12:08 AM
I think it is good for us to pursue diplomatic options with Iran. It has worked so well in the past I can't believe it took us so long to try again.

Agreed. The Bush administration indirectly did business with Iran on Iraq's SOFA agreement Further, Iran's population is the only one in the Middle East that likes the US. (Leadership hates us but not their people.)

Wart

NATIONALIST
01-22-2013, 12:36 AM
+ 1 Nationalist, that movie really hits home to how f#@ked we are as a nation.

i just wish more people saw it prior to the election ...... we might have a new cic today ....

Diesel
01-22-2013, 06:32 AM
It's that damn xxxxxx in our White House again...!

Diesel 88888888

:coffee:

Schuetzenman
01-22-2013, 06:47 AM
obama hates our military ! if you watch 2016 you'll see obama's plan to destroy america , part of that plan is to weaken our military .....

Seen it, agree with the conclusion in it.

ltorlo64
01-22-2013, 10:17 AM
It's that damn xxxxxx in our White House again...!

Diesel 88888888

:coffee:

Unacceptable terminology. Please refrain from slurs.

sevlex
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
This may be what is going on:

http://www.examiner.com/article/shock-claim-obama-only-wants-military-leaders-who-will-fire-on-u-s-citizens

I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.” Those who will not are being removed.

Is the bamster prepping for martial law?

:firedevil:

stevelyn
01-23-2013, 06:48 AM

I watched it and try to push it off on everyone I can to watch it. People get all wound up about his muslimness, but it his Marxist and anti-colonial driven revenge that's most dangerous.

ready
01-23-2013, 06:57 AM
I looked for it on netflix today but didnt find it.

coppertales
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Unacceptable terminology. Please refrain from slurs.

Can't handle the truth, huh? I gave zero the benefit of the doubt when he got elected the first time but it turns out he is really one.....chris3

studmuffin
01-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Probably show reluctance in drinking the agenda 21 coolaid.

ltorlo64
01-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Can't handle the truth, huh? I gave zero the benefit of the doubt when he got elected the first time but it turns out he is really one.....chris3

Can't handle the racial slur. I thought I was fairly clear with regards to that. I have no problem with the rest of his statement.

Krupski
01-23-2013, 10:21 AM

I agree with you - Zero is no hero... but racial slurs are against Gunsnet rules. We are better than that.

5.56NATO
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
This may be what is going on:

http://www.examiner.com/article/shock-claim-obama-only-wants-military-leaders-who-will-fire-on-u-s-citizens

Is the bamster prepping for martial law?

:firedevil:

A done deal. But I figure he'd get rid of any patriots running Northcom rather than centcom. A patriot in Centcom might just keep us out of ww3, however.

http://www.northcom.mil/

I feel safer knowing that they're "Defending our Homeland". Don't you?