PDA

View Full Version : a Missouri Sheriff gets in on the action

Broondog
01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
or lack of action that is. he's another gun ban NON supporter.

OSAGE COUNTY, Mo. (KMOV.com) – As President Obama continues to push gun control proposals in Washington D.C., newly elected Osage County Sheriff Michael Dixon announced that his office will not enforce any gun control proposals that violate the 2nd Amendment.

According to a press release, Dixon called on President Obama to stop his attempts to block the purchase, possession and use of firearms for law abiding Americans. Dixon also announced his support of House Bill 170, a bill protecting gun rights and making it illegal to enforce gun control laws on gun owners and manufacturers in Missouri.

http://www.kmov.com/home/Missouri-sheriff-says-he-wont-enforce-Pres-Obamas-gun-control-laws-187779111.html

this makes me even more proud to call Missouri home.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
I wonder what kind of affect this is having on the administration?

5.56NATO
01-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Thank you sheriff Dixon!

Gunner1558
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Lived there for a year, some time back.

Found the folks there pretty laid back.

Would have stayed there if there was any way that I could earn as much as I had been earning in NYS at the time.

ready
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
I wonder what kind of affect this is having on the administration?

Im sure theyre having temper tantrums like children who have been spared the rod.

Broondog
01-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Lived there for a year, some time back.

Found the folks there pretty laid back.

Would have stayed there if there was any way that I could earn as much as I had been earning in NYS at the time.

i've been here for all of my 46yrs. i've been a lot of places but have yet to find another that i would be proud to call home.

and something tells me that the cost of living here is just a wee bit less than NYS.

imanaknut
01-23-2013, 12:02 AM
The sheriff of the county I live in has sent letters to those asking that mirror the Missouri sheriff. There is also at least one other county just west of Indianapolis that the sheriff also affirmed his backing of the second amendment as written.

This is growing, and the fed at some time will have to see it.

Broondog
01-23-2013, 02:03 AM
This is growing, and the fed at some time will have to see it.

i stopped in my insurance agents office today to ask where the new gunsmith's shop was (he's one county over in a town i don't frequent much) and we got to talking about this pushback by the local and state authorities. he believes that it's all for naught as the fed will just trump the state/local laws and do what they want to. my opinion was that all the pushback was going to effectively kill any support the dems might have had towards any bans and they will all fall apart.

resistance is NOT futile!

on a side note, when i got to the gunsmith's shop it was nice to see that he was not one of the price gougers. his ammo was still priced as it would have been a month ago and said he was still going to sell his new shipments of guns/ammo at his normal markup. most of what he had left in house was fudd stuff but he did have a thumbhole MAK-90 for $550. i may go back and trade one of my Steyr's for a compact Glock. :dunno: