PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show CANCELED

skorpion
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
The growing list of venders telling Reed Exhibitions to FOAD must have sent a shiver down the spines of those in charge who decided to ban the display of anything AR-related at the show. It made enough of an impact for them to cancel the show.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-reed-exhibitions-cancels-2013-eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show/#more-193961

El Duce
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
F*CK EM!!

studmuffin
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
It is run by a british owned company. Is there some history irony here?

binky59
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
They can smoke a big turd in purgatory! British org. WTF

:asslick:

CigarGuy
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
They refunding the exhibitors money now? Paying Harrisburg for cancellation?

rshaneck2002
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Theres going to be a whole lot of this going on,its time to shut these fools down who turn their backs on us,period! Money wise., I am getting alittle concerned about the whole RNC over this so-called gun control issue today with Feinstein and Obama and Biden putting on a full court press everywhere from the media on down. If the RNC caves on this i am done as a voter for them period! Its time to get every gun owner in this country to send the parties reminding them of their respective jobs in the next election. Its time for some reminders.

El Laton Caliente
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
307 vendors, including Cabellas, had pulled out along with dozens of the speakers... the hall was going to be empty...

abpt1
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Should read the posts on their FB page they will never be able to hold another show here ever.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Justice once in a while.

skorpion
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Justice once in a while.
Yep. Can we say, "Zumbo'd!"?

L1A1Rocker
01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm not too sure that they get it still. Check out their statement. No apology, no contrition, not even an acknowledgment of what they really did. It really says a lot about their mentality on this issue.

http://www.easternsportshow.com/

This part really gets me:

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
The cancellation has NOTHING to do with the atmosphere. It's because they pissed off a bunch of 2A supporters by banning the most popular rifle sold in the US from being displayed. I don't think they really understand at all. At least Zumbo understood where he screwed up.

deth502
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
there should be a class action lawsuit filed by all those who have lost ticket money, vendor income, vendor spot rental, and harrisburg's lost revenue due to the actions of these traitors.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
there should be a class action lawsuit filed by all those who have lost ticket money, vendor income, vendor spot rental, and harrisburg's lost revenue due to the actions of these traitors.
+1000

Punk
01-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Hahahaha fuck those cocksuckers. Someone who supports the 2nd can organize a show now.

Penguin
01-24-2013, 07:26 PM
“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.

307 vendors, including Cabellas, had pulled out along with dozens of the speakers... the hall was going to be empty...

Small percentage? If this figures are acurate that is about 30% of venders pulled out, I wouldn't call that small. I would agree they don't get it but, they are british. I just do not get the british, and I guess they are just as confused about us. No wonder we went our seperate ways.

sevlex
01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
These assholes also run the SHOT Show. I wonder if they will be fired.

ready
01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
They should be. They obviously have no interest in America.

WASR10/63
01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Wonderful news!

Helen Keller
01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
:lool:

I talked to somebody earlier that doesn't even own a gun that said. "Leave people alone or things like this will happen"

davepool
01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
:lool:

I talked to somebody earlier that doesn't even own a gun that said. "Leave people alone or things like this will happen"

I think this sentiment is gaining traction with non gun owners. Folks are getting a little tired of the majority of law abiding gun owners being denigrated and punished for the actions of a few crazy fucks. I have friends who don't own guns, not because they are afraid of them or think they are evil,but because they choose not to and i respect that.
It's like forcing everyone to pay for the installation of a breathalyzer in their cars because some people drive drunk