PDA

View Full Version : A lot of you guys talk the talk but sure ask F&%$ dont walk it ....

abpt1
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Bunch of fucking Hypocrites, Delete this post! Thats not going to change the fact that the truth hurts..... Maybe I should take my leave of guns net ...Because What the fuck is the point if every time I disagree with someone .... I get a ban or my thread deleted ....No wonder everyone left.

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
What happened?

imanaknut
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Maybe if we remember the name of this site is "Gunsnet" and we stuck to discussions about firearms first and foremost?

I haven't looked at all the threads that were deleted, but I will say openly that I have seen other firearm site not putting up with what we allow here. We (the administers of this site) allow a lot of stuff that most other firearm sites do not. Remember, even though this is a public forum this is still a privately owned site, and due to that the first amendment does not apply, yet we allow more than most other, if not all other firearm websites.

Maybe if we stuck to firearm discussions, and remained on a professional level in the open forums, we would be able to rebuild to the way this site was a decade ago.

Want to talk trash, we have a Roadhouse for that.

Differences in point of view are natural in any venue, but civility is what separates the good from the others. I didn't have a hand in the threads you are talking about, but this site will not stand for racial slurs and other like talk.

tank_monkey
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe if we remember the name of this site is "Gunsnet" and we stuck to discussions about firearms first and foremost?

You know there is an IRONY that you proclaim this in the NON-GUN related forum? ;)

But I too can't see what threads were deleted. But I would NOT call this forum out for censorship. We put up with a LOT of divergent opinions that other boards would never tolerate. So I assume the threads actually violated some sort of rule.

abpt1
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Gonzo, Call someone out for being a thief no one says shit ...Call someone out for being a racist and I get deleted posts Warnings and Infractions ....THIS is Not the guns net I joined 8 years ago ....Its really disheartening when what I considered friends turn on you because you dont see eye with them or we have these fucking little gay clicks .....Really? Why do I still come here? I SO MISS THE OLD GUNS NET ! At lest At Barfcom I know no one is on my side everyone and is a dick I am finding out this place is much worse.. I hate Barfcom because of all the ridiculous rules, but now I see why they must be followed . There is no balance otherwise...

There is no balance here.

01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Gonzo, Call someone out for being a thief no one says shit ...Call someone out for being a racist and I get deleted posts Warnings and Infractions ....THIS is Not the guns net I joined 8 years ago ....Its really disheartening when what I considered friends turn on you because you dont see eye with them or we have these fucking little gay clicks .....Really? Why do I still come here? I SO MISS THE OLD GUNS NET ! At lest At Barfcom I know no one is on my side everyone and is a dick I am finding out this place is much worse.. I hate Barfcom because of all the ridiculous rules, but now I see why they must be followed . There is no balance otherwise...
There is no balance here.

Hey Homie...just PM me next time you have a prob. I'm reasonably fair in my judgement ;)

5.56NATO
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
If my posts have anything to do with this I appologise.

studmuffin
01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
HMMMMMMMM something juicy that I just missed?

Krupski
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Bunch of fucking Hypocrites, Delete this post too roger! Thats not going to change the fact that the truth hurts..... Maybe I should take my leave of guns net ...Because What the fuck is the point if every time I disagree with someone .... I get a ban or my thread deleted ....No wonder everyone left.

I saw posts with "lakdfdklfdklf" gibberish in them, so I deleted them. Then you explained to me what happened. Made perfect sense. Everything is cool. WTF is wrong now?

And, if you got some kind of ban, it wasn't from me.

Krupski
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
What happened?

There were three threads almost identical titles, two of them had gibberish "afjkdifuyaduyfi" that kind of thing in them.

I thought the OP was drunk or something, so I deleted the threads.

Come to find out the OP was merely having problems with his keyboard.

So, no harm done...

That's it. It's starting to get like a soap opera here... "As The Stomach Turns" :)

1 Patriot-of-many
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
There were three threads almost identical titles, two of them had gibberish "afjkdifuyaduyfi" that kind of thing in them.

So, no harm done...

That's it. It's starting to get like a soap opera here... "As The Stomach Turns" :) So he was having problems with his monitor too then?

Krupski
01-24-2013, 03:02 PM
So he was having problems with his monitor too then?

Let it go. It's done.

abpt1
01-24-2013, 03:05 PM

So, no harm done...

That's it. It's starting to get like a soap opera here... "As The Stomach Turns" :)

I saw posts with "lakdfdklfdklf" gibberish in them, so I deleted them. Then you explained to me what happened. Made perfect sense. Everything is cool. WTF is wrong now?

And, if you got some kind of ban, it wasn't from me.

I did have two fucked up threads I couldn't delete . The Ban was a few months ago .

1 Patriot-of-many
01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
It's alright. I've been guilty of starting threads when drinking, I usually catch myself pretty quick and delete or edit them.

imanaknut
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
You know there is an IRONY that you proclaim this in the NON-GUN related forum? ;)

But I too can't see what threads were deleted. But I would NOT call this forum out for censorship. We put up with a LOT of divergent opinions that other boards would never tolerate. So I assume the threads actually violated some sort of rule.

Actually I know that, and like the idea of a forum just for off firearm discussions. Most websites have them, called "The Lounge" or "Break Room" or something else to indicate non-firearm related discussions belong here. The difference between theirs and ours is that they don't allow the types of discussion that we do and don't tolerate anything that even seems mildly heated, off color or off-key.

El Jefe
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
It's alright. I've been guilty of starting threads when drinking, I usually catch myself pretty quick and delete or edit them.

Oh c'mon, that's the best time! ;)

TEN-32
01-24-2013, 05:33 PM
I did have two fucked up threads I couldn't delete . The Ban was a few months ago .
Let this be a warning to you...never disagree with me again. :roflmao:

ltorlo64
01-24-2013, 05:58 PM

It is nice to see some humor coming back.

weevil
01-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Again somebody with their panties in a bunch???

This is getting to be a daily ritual around here.

tank_monkey
01-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Again somebody with their panties in a bunch???

This is getting to be a daily ritual around here.

Well He admitted that his threads were fucked up and that he posted drunk. So why is he insulting the entire board? Can't figure that one out. :D Oh well, Could be another drunk post. I do find those amusing from time to time :D

El Jefe
01-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Well He admitted that his threads were fucked up and that he posted drunk. So why is he insulting the entire board? Can't figure that one out. :D Oh well, Could be another drunk post. I do find those amusing from time to time :D

Fuck, it wasn't but a year or so ago this tard called everyone on the board a racist. He's a tool. :)

abpt1
01-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Hey Homie...just PM me next time you have a prob. I'm reasonably fair in my judgement ;) LOL 10-4

If my posts have anything to do with this I appologise. Yeah right gtfo lol...

I haven't looked at all the threads that were deleted, but I will say openly that I have seen other firearm site not putting up with what we allow here. We (the administers of this site) allow a lot of stuff that most other firearm sites do not. Remember, even though this is a public forum this is still a privately owned site, and due to that the first amendment does not apply, yet we allow more than most other, if not all other firearm websites.

Maybe if we stuck to firearm discussions, and remained on a professional level in the open forums, we would be able to rebuild to the way this site was a decade ago.

Want to talk trash, we have a Roadhouse for that.

Differences in point of view are natural in any venue, but civility is what separates the good from the others. I didn't have a hand in the threads you are talking about, but this site will not stand for racial slurs and other like talk. Thank you all I ask is to real it in a bit thats all god knows im no angel .

dickfer.

Guns Network Staff
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Maybe I need to post drunk............ and see what happens...............

rci2950
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
STFU and stop accusing me of being a drunk!

N/A
01-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Maybe I need to post drunk............ and see what happens...............

The mods will ban you to the Roadhouse.:anim_beer-1:

Guns Network Staff
01-24-2013, 08:32 PM
The mods will ban you to the Roadhouse.:anim_beer-1:

too funny...

Ruskiegunlover
01-24-2013, 09:14 PM
It sucks being a working stiff. You miss so much of the good stuff......

Schuetzenman
01-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Wow, I had no idea. What supposedly got you banned for a month?

TEN-32
01-24-2013, 09:59 PM
dickfer.

Nice try. But...no.

abpt1
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
I wasn't drunk just pissed off and No it wasn't a month but it was sure as hell too long for calling a spade a Spade NO Pun intended ...If I read the shit racist posts that are around here now when I first found GN I would not have even registered.

l921428x
01-25-2013, 12:01 AM

me too and i didnt catch them! I ve been called out and spoken to.

l921428x
01-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Fuck, it wasn't but a year or so ago this tard called everyone on the board a racist. He's a tool. :)

nothing to personal I hope.

was_peacemaker
01-25-2013, 12:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

was_peacemaker
01-25-2013, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k

shorthair
01-25-2013, 08:24 AM
I have trouble with spell check all the time causing gibberish. I usually catch it because I routinely proof read. Old habit that I picked up in the 60's.

abpt1
01-25-2013, 05:45 PM
No not the whole board just a few of you .

Hold on didn't Peacemaker get a perma ban for posting Bubba's FFL ?