PDA

View Full Version : Damn... Now I Remember Why I Dropped Out of School!

LAGC
01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
So I bit the bullet and enrolled full-time at a local community college. This was the first week of the Spring Semester.

Three of my classes are online (English Composition 2, Fundamentals of Oral Communication, and Intermediate Algebra) with one brick-and-mortar class (Biology 1) at a campus 20 miles away, two days a week.

The Biology class (with lab) looks fun, I loved Life Science class back in junior high; and I've always enjoyed writing, so I don't think I'm going to have a problem with the English class.

But the COMM class involves giving two public speeches, which I'm not looking forward to, and the Algebra class is already kicking my ass -- all those fucking formulas you've got to memorize.

All of those classes are core requirements for my Biology major, so I figured I'd try to tackle them early so that if I can't hack it, I know not to waste any more of my time and money taking all the other classes that more interest me.

If I somehow manage to muddle through Intermediate Algebra with a grade of C or better, I then plan on tackling Intro Chemistry and Precalculus (College Algebra and Trigonometry) in the Summer, so that I will then be able to take the higher-level Chemistry and Physics core classes in the Fall that I need for graduation.

I'm on track to graduate in 2 years with my Associates of Science degree, hope to find work as a lab technician up in Montana while I finish up at a 4-year university. Beats the dead-end job I'm working right now.

I should have done this 15 years ago, kept putting it off, putting it off... but better late than never, right?

Anyway, I'm going to be so busy with school stuff during the week that I won't be on here posting as much, but I'll still try to check in on the weekends from work, at least.

I know this will disappoint my many fans, but you can't please everyone all of the time, right? ;)

I just hope the guns I want to own are still legal to own come next year when I finally get to petition to get my gun rights back... and aren't too prohibitively expensive.

Keep fighting the good fight, gents. Don't let the government take an inch of our fundamental civil rights. Keep holding our representatives' feet to the fire. People like you all are my only hope.

:thumbsup:

TEN-32
01-25-2013, 12:02 AM
You got the government you voted for.

LAGC
01-25-2013, 03:04 AM
You got the government you voted for.

Nope, I didn't vote for any of these jackals.

All my candidates that I voted for lost, except for a couple local races.

l921428x
01-25-2013, 04:40 AM
lagc go for what you want and i really hope you realize your dreams. we will, for the most part, be here when you want to aggrivate.

NAPOTS
01-25-2013, 08:50 AM
LAGC, school sucks, I am not going to sugar coat it. Suck it up and work hard. As long as the degree you are going for has a career path it will pay back in the end.

Goodman
01-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow sounds like you went for a full class load in your first term. It's an eye-opener isnt it? I took 6 hours on the remote system at BSU a while back. It sounded easy enough....but it sure wasn't the cake junior college classes I remembered from years ago! Bear down, leave the TV off and fight the temptation to save the work for later....and good luck.

ltorlo64
01-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Good luck. I finished my Bachelor's after 27 years, it was one of the best things I have done. I do find it funny that you are taking the Fundamentals of Oral Communication as an on-line class! Are you supposed to talk your computer into something? I did most of my undergrad work on-line and it was not easy. You have to stay focused and keep to a strict schedule so you don't fall behind. Again, good luck and study hard!

ps Looking forward to you posting the picture of your first firearm aquisition and hoping it is not restricted to a muzzle loader with a low capacity magazine!

Focused Gunfire
01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
What guns would be at the top of the list if you get your rights back?

5.56NATO
01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Sign me up for the AP flatulence/Fundamentals of Anal Communication class!

Anyway yeah keep at it, keep the goal in mind and it will make the current suffering (usualy boredom) more bearable.

alismith
01-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Good luck with the schooling. I've been in school for 57 years and am still in the 6th grade.....damn.;)

LAGC
01-26-2013, 05:25 AM
What guns would be at the top of the list if you get your rights back?

The first thing I'm going to buy (if they are still legal) is a Saiga-12K for home defense:

http://www.izhmash.ru/pix/saiga12k.jpg

I owned a Saiga-20K until the police confiscated it then made me sell it after I got out of prison.

If I can get my CCW permit (which they may not let me, even if I get my other gun rights restored) I'll probably pack another .357 snub-nose revolver like the little Taurus I used to carry illegally in a crotch-holster.

Focused Gunfire
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
The Saiga is not a bad firearm to pick to get back into things, but it might be hard to come by. Even before the panic, they could prove elusive at times. Hopefully, not only do they remain legal, but are priced reasonable. If I remember correctly the before panic price was like $600, a lot already for a college student. That was the basic too. I don’t know how much mags are, but I’m sure they are up too.

Buying a Saiga now would be like giving the government a big fuck you, which is cool. However don’t dismiss a good used HD style pump. With the saved money you could invest in a better brand revolver, and a proper holster. Cry once and done you know. Also it would probably be a bad thing if you shot your dick off crotch carrying. It would make the whole community look bad.

There are also many great AR/AK type rifles out there to cho…oh wait. Nevermind.

mrkalashnikov
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Glad I finished all my Kollege Kourses back in the whack 70's and got my degree. Had a number of bearded, sandals & socks-wearing hippy leftists for profs back then. I can only imagine it's gotten exponentially worse over the decades...good luck.