PDA

View Full Version : The Sneezepocolypse, we are more dangerous than terrorists

Cypher
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Interesting article about the dangers of antibiotic resistant bacteria. I'm no doctor or chemist but why can't they make antibiotics to fight new strains of bacteria that become resistant?

As a general rule I never take antibiotics unless I'm sure I need it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jan/23/antibiotic-resistant-diseases-apocalyptic-threat

El Laton Caliente
01-25-2013, 11:51 AM
It is getting harder and more expensive to develop antibiotics. As soon as something new is sold in the third world, they are resold over the counter instead of under a doctor's care. The third world population, being mostly poorer, will take only enough to feel better, relapse and make the strain resistant to the new antibiotic. The turd world countries can ruin a new antibiotic faster than a replacement can be developed...

Dr. Gonzo GED
01-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Interesting article about the dangers of antibiotic resistant bacteria. I'm no doctor or chemist but why can't they make antibiotics to fight new strains of bacteria that become resistant?

As a general rule I never take antibiotics unless I'm sure I need it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/jan/23/antibiotic-resistant-diseases-apocalyptic-threat
They do, but those drugs are hard to produce and the bacteria will eventually adapt to the new compound so the really hardcore atibiotics are generally held in reserve for serious cases of MRSA and the like.

Also, these drugs can be pretty rough on you sytem. Anti biotics also affect your bodies natural flora and can have nasty side effects when say, the enzymes in you gut get killed off and Candida Albicans starts running wild all over you.

Personally, I try to maintain a high level of red chili and garlic in my bloodstream. Both of those plants are naturally anti microbial and will reinforce your naturl imune system.

I only take persription anti biotics but every few years when something really bad hits me. (Strep or ear infection or an unclean woman or whatever...)

5.56NATO
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
The centers for disease creation could whip up a virii or two and say it was just a mutated flu bug that whiped out North America. You know, never let a good crisis go to waste?