PDA

View Full Version : AK fires twice when trigger is pulled

rckbee
01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I have a Romanian AK-47 and with one trigger pull it fires 2 rounds. Any ideas?

imanaknut
01-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

If it is a Century trigger group, found on all SAR series rifles and many early WASRs, I would immediately replace the complete trigger group with one from Tapco. If it is a Tapco group, make sure that the disconnector isn't damaged. With the rifle obviously unloaded, pull and hold the trigger back, slowly bring the bolt carrier back and make sure that the disconnector properly captures the hammer. If it does, keep the trigger back and move the carrier back into battery. Release the trigger and see if the trigger arm captures the hammer or it misses indicating that the hammer might be bad.

Either way, I would still replace the fire control group as ATF doesn't like rifles that misfire.

Richard Simmons
01-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Welcome!!

Could be the disconnector. Couple of questions. Are you the original owner and or is the rifle still in original condition? If you're not someone could have replaced or modified parts. Has the rifle functioned properly in the past or is this something that just cropped up? What ammo are you using? Does it only fire two rounds even with a full mag? Does it double every time you pull the trigger?

rckbee
01-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I have a Romanian AK-47 and with one trigger pull it fires 2 rounds. Any ideas?

I noticed the pin that holds the trigger in place. When pulled the pin wallows around in the hole it should seat in.

imanaknut
01-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Sorry for not responding sooner this morning, but if you trigger axis pin as they are called is loose, this could cause it to slip out of the grasp of the disconnector. There is a wire called a Shepherd's hook that runs across the lower left side of the receiver. There is a channel in both the trigger and hammer axis pins that the wire should run through, holding both in place. It sounds like the Shepherd's hook is not in place.

You can either slide it back into place or replace the wire with a plate from Redstar industries.

Here is a link to the fire control group. I link directly to the third page to show what I am talking about with the axis pin shape. The article also explains the wire shepherd's hook.

rckbee
01-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Sorry for not responding sooner this morning, but if you trigger axis pin as they are called is loose, this could cause it to slip out of the grasp of the disconnector. There is a wire called a Shepherd's hook that runs across the lower left side of the receiver. There is a channel in both the trigger and hammer axis pins that the wire should run through, holding both in place. It sounds like the Shepherd's hook is not in place.

You can either slide it back into place or replace the wire with a plate from Redstar industries.

Here is a link to the fire control group. I link directly to the third page to show what I am talking about with the axis pin shape. The article also explains the wire shepherd's hook.

I bought a c fastener(home depot), fixed the problem, Thanks for your response.

imanaknut
01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Glad to hear, thanks back to you for your update. Always nice to hear how a rifle that didn't work right was fixed.