PDA

View Full Version : racist media

deth502
01-25-2013, 07:40 PM
just a rant. i dont hate based on race, that is not to say that there are ppl of other races i dont like. i find racial slurs way over rated. if your hurt by words, your a sad, sad, person. tht said. i was actually a bit offended by what ive just seen on tv.

i was watching a stand up comedian. one of his jokes contained the phrase "niggers, crackers, and spicks." TWO of the words were bleeped out. one was not. can you guess which?? the comedian, btw, was black, and if you havent guessed it, crackers was the only racial slur acceptable on tv. i bring up the point that he was black, not to call him a racist, but to eliminate the possibility that "if he was white, he can say cracker" bullshit. i was not offended at all by what he said. i was offended by the fact that one race was treated differently and that is the definition of racism.

i dont care if im called a cracker, or any other applicable racial slur. i dont care if he was making racial slurs of other races. but if your going to sensor it, they had better all be censored, or none. how the fuck is this considered acceptable??

im sure the liberals will call me racist for pointing this out. am i out of line with this?

FunkyPertwee
01-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I completely agree with everything you said.

The only way to make it fair IMO is censor NONE of them. If we tell them to censor all of them, no telling what is going to be considered hate speech next.

Full Otto
01-25-2013, 08:08 PM
If they were bleeped out how do you know they were the words?

Oswald Bastable
01-25-2013, 09:09 PM
If they were bleeped out how do you know they were the words?

I was inferring it was a show or special deth had seen previously in its unedited form (HBO or Showtime original...something like that) and that he saw it again recently in its edited TV format...

tank_monkey
01-25-2013, 09:11 PM
im sure the liberals will call me racist for pointing this out. am i out of line with this?

No, I would be offended by being called "cracker" by anyone who is not white, but I mildly disagree on slurs. It's easy for someone to be NOT OFFENDED by slurs against other people. That's just plain ridiculous. A white guy saying "well I have no problem with people using the words niggers and spics" is downright idiotic. And for him to lecture others as to how they should feel shows a detachment from reality. On the converse side, I can easily see anti white slurs as being offensive, especially if they are done with evil intent.

But then I have a problem. If "nigger" is such a bad word then the Black community should STOP USING IT in casual conversation. That's hypocrisy. If it hurts people, then I have no problem in banishing it to the nether regions. If you're talking about a character out of a Mark Twain novel or the American history of the 1960s, then it is a historical term that means property. Only post slavery was it ever a slur. The entire thing is a convoluted mess, but for fellow white guys to lecture minorities as to why "they should not be offended by a slur" is moronic, IMHO. It's akin to a non gun owner lecturing me as to how HE feels he doesn't need guns, then I shouldn't feel like I need one either. He has no right to tell me how I feel about something :D

Kadmos
01-25-2013, 09:48 PM
You've got to be really thin skinned, or looking for a fight, to actually be offended by someone saying Cracker.

It's got no juice to it, it's just not nearly offensive enough.

It's like being offended by someone saying somebody is handicapped rather than handi-capable...it's ridiculous

Oswald Bastable
01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
You've got to be really thin skinned, or looking for a fight, to actually be offended by someone saying Cracker.

It's got no juice to it, it's just not nearly offensive enough.

It's like being offended by someone saying somebody is handicapped rather than handi-capable...it's ridiculous

So, would handicrippled be a step too far?

Kadmos
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
So, would handicrippled be a step too far?

Probably, but it still beats gimpoid.

deth502
01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
No, I would be offended by being called "cracker" by anyone who is not white, but I mildly disagree on slurs. It's easy for someone to be NOT OFFENDED by slurs against other people. That's just plain ridiculous. A white guy saying "well I have no problem with people using the words niggers and spics" is downright idiotic. And for him to lecture others as to how they should feel shows a detachment from reality. On the converse side, I can easily see anti white slurs as being offensive, especially if they are done with evil intent.

But then I have a problem. If "nigger" is such a bad word then the Black community should STOP USING IT in casual conversation. That's hypocrisy. If it hurts people, then I have no problem in banishing it to the nether regions. If you're talking about a character out of a Mark Twain novel or the American history of the 1960s, then it is a historical term that means property. Only post slavery was it ever a slur. The entire thing is a convoluted mess, but for fellow white guys to lecture minorities as to why "they should not be offended by a slur" is moronic, IMHO. It's akin to a non gun owner lecturing me as to how HE feels he doesn't need guns, then I shouldn't feel like I need one either. He has no right to tell me how I feel about something :D

they are WORDS. words only have the power we give them, anyone being offended by a slur is moronic. although i wont try to pretend it dosent happen, since most of the population is moronic.

my point is, weather your offended or not, be offended, or not offended, by all of them. dont pick and choose which race gets to be coddled.

Full Otto
01-25-2013, 11:51 PM
I've been getting more pissed at the ads. I went to look for one of the latest ones and I'll be damned if someone else is getting the same feeling.
Not the one I was looking for but from Youtube

"Another anti-White commercial from State Farm Insurance"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKJCAF-eYxY

There's a comment on the one I was looking for:
"So sick of these commercials. There is a new one where a white guy hits a black guy, of course the smart black guy has state farm, and the white guy doesn't even know who is his insurance company."

Oswald Bastable
01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Probably, but it still beats gimpoid.

What about peckerwood...how does that stack up against cracker?

Kadmos
01-26-2013, 01:24 AM

It's harsher than cracker.

Aside from maybe "silly goose" or something along those lines it's difficult to find an slam more mild than cracker.

Cracker has a nice built in comeback though....if a black guy calls you cracker then say "Yep, I'll keep cracking that whip till you get it right Toby"

But it's a bit like swatting mosquitoes with flame thrower, it's just overkill.

Oswald Bastable
01-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Gotcha...

Always good to keep up with the latest PC speech impediments.

:)

Kadmos
01-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Gotcha...

Always good to keep up with the latest PC speech impediments.

:)

Knowledge is power.

It's like never call a "little person" an "imp", midgets hate that.

Actually we got a new sign up the street from me

Visually impaired persons crossing.

The problem with the new sign is by the time you read it you already ran over at least 3 of them.

They have it there because there is a school for the blind nearby.

Guess what they call the school

"School for the blind"

The old sign said

"Blind people crossing"

That sign replaced a previous sign that said

"Beware blind people"

Granted that one did make it sound a bit like you were likely to get attacked by blind people, or that blindness was somehow contagious.

My real question is who the hell is complaining about these signs, I'm betting it's not the blind people

Out in my dads neighborhood there is a sign that says

Caution
sensory impaired child
deaf
Please slow down

Again, the length of the sign is a bit much, but what does the speed you are going have to do with anything...the kids not blind...he's not going to hear you better if you drive slower!

Oswald Bastable
01-26-2013, 04:03 AM
My real question is who the hell is complaining about these signs, I'm betting it's not the blind people

Likely the same people who require drive up ATMs have braille.

mrkalashnikov
01-26-2013, 08:02 AM
If you're white you're a racist, simple as that. At least in the New Amerika Great Society.

White Man = Satan

Gunner1558
01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
"The 'N' word"

I grew up hearing it, reading it, and knowing it was in use daily. I even had a neighbor that had a black lab named "Nigger."

That said, I have used it and my wife gets all over me for using it.

So..... I have explained to her, that, in the future, I will attempt to use the phrase "Gentleman of color", which means exactly the same thing!

It is a word, that is all, a word. I believe it was derived from the southern whites' perversion of the pronunciation of "Negro",

Just:2cents:

AK again
01-26-2013, 10:03 AM
I agree with Deth on this one. I don't care how "mild" the term "cracker" is. Would they have bleeped out a "mild" term like "darkie," or "jig"? If it's about tolerance and equality, and not an attempt for minorities to gain a lopsided advantage of their own, the term "cracker" ought not have been used.

Also, I laughed my ass off at the whole dwarf/imp/midget thing. I am going to try that one on someone as soon as I can.

deth502
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM

what about honkey?

deth502
01-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Actually we got a new sign up the street from me

Visually impaired persons crossing.

The problem with the new sign is by the time you read it you already ran over at least 3 of them.

:lool: