PDA

View Full Version : Info.

KnightMare
01-27-2013, 05:17 AM
I'm fairly new to this post and just had a few question I was hoping could be answered.
I recently just inherited a max 90 norinco ak 47, and was wanting to change the wooden stock for a adjustable stock I was wanting to pretty much change out all the wooden pieces for interchangeable pices for accessories.
I don't really know of any websites to look at.
Any websites and additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pik if I helps out any.

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2197&d=1359281410

imanaknut
01-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

Sorry I can't help you locate the parts you are looking for. I personally have never looked for an adjustable stock for an AK as I am a horrible purist, but I will give some advice for when you find what you want.

The Chinese used a thicker metal in their stamped receivers, so a stock made for a European rifle will need to be hand fit to get it to work. Usually a good file or dremel will do the job.

Places I know that have AK parts and might have the collapsible stock are Apex Parts, Sportsman's Guide, CDNN, K-var, and possibly Brownell's.

By the way, do not lose the parts you remove, and do not modify the rifle in any way to get new parts to fit. The Chinese AKs have been skyrocketing in value, and modifying the rifle is a great way to kill it's value.