PDA

View Full Version : Marine friend had a change of heart on confiscation :machinegun:

1 Patriot-of-many
01-27-2013, 02:29 PM
The young Marine friend of mine had a change of heart about confiscation orders.... Had that Marine friend of mine and a MN Army/NG soldier, both in artillery over during the Marines leave; got into a deep discussion about gov't ordered confiscation and they both said they would not obey an order to confiscate weapons in violation of the 2nd. They are both against any AWB stringently. That's very good news to me, since some of you recall this Marine said the exact opposite as to confiscation if ordered last leave I saw him.
Please say a prayer for his safety, he just got deployed for 7 months in Afghanistan. Granted he's on a firebase being in artillery but you never know.

Partisan1983
01-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Eveyone I know that has been recently deployed to Afghanistan.....they never end up doing what they were told they would be doing once they got there.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
My friend is the guy that gets/translates/issues the coordinates for rocket artillery fire (MLRS) missions, so I think his chances of going on patrol are pretty much nonexistent.

Partisan1983
01-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Possibly...I don't know.

All the arty guys I know were in and out years ago, WAY, before Afghanistan.

samiam
01-27-2013, 07:16 PM
I think his chances of going on patrol are pretty much nonexistent.

Hope you're right, we've lost enough good men & women there

coppertales
01-27-2013, 08:29 PM
A good friend of mine went to the sandbox last fall. All he does is sit on his ass in the compound. They have not let him outside the wire yet.....he is not happy. Two years learning his trade and he cannot use it....chris3

1 Patriot-of-many
01-27-2013, 09:37 PM
A good friend of mine went to the sandbox last fall. All he does is sit on his ass in the compound. They have not let him outside the wire yet.....he is not happy. Two years learning his trade and he cannot use it....chris3
What's his specialty? That would suck if you're infantry or related and you signed up to get in the shit personally!