PDA

View Full Version : Techie Guru's

btcave
01-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Concerning a gun owner (patriot) alert system. I'm looking for a system that you can get that can do the following.

- Store names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and physical addresses of participating members.
- Will shoot out real time alert information to cell phones, home phones and e-mail addresses of participants with both text message and voice message.
- Ideally members could access this system and send the alerts out to the other members.

This is a modern day Paul Revere system to be operated by a private group of participants in a surrounding community during localized events.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

NAPOTS
01-28-2013, 10:51 PM
Being electronic the feds would have access too all of that info and know before the alert went out.

btcave
01-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Being electronic the feds would have access too all of that info and know before the alert went out.

Don't care if they know.

LAGC
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
I think you may be looking for something like this:

http://www.iasglobal.org/

My college uses a similar system, to alert faculty and students about emergencies, school closures due to weather, etc.

(Of course, keep in mind, in a true SHTF scenario, don't expect there to be Internet OR cell-phone service... a network of ham-radio operators with battery backups might be more prudent.)

5.56NATO
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM

In light of that, it will work till whatever regime is in power decides to pull the innerweb plug. And the cell plug. Thus why I say everyone should have a hf ssb radio, a decent sized battery to run it off grid, a means to charge said battery, and know how to use them.