PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Flag?

mushroom
01-29-2013, 03:01 AM
I saw in the post about the DHS ammo containers the "Reverse Flag" mentioned.. I have noticed and was wondering why this came about? Is there something in Flag etiquette I don't know about? Seems I always saw The Flag displayed with the stars in the upper left corner until maybe the late 80's when It got Reversed? with the Stars on the upper right side when attached to Uniforms.. What am I missing.. Has it been this way before and I not noticed? I know they went with like OD and Black which I figured was making IT more camoed and less likely to be seen in combat.. But the reverse thing?.. Can ya'll explain it to me? Maybe I need a tin-foil hat but It seems I never saw it till the New World order Crap got main stream and that Our troops had to have Then velcroed so they could be quickly removed as to not "offend" the bastards we were there to help. Wish we would learn!!! PS.. I HATE THE WHOLE STATE DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deth502
01-29-2013, 03:12 AM
the field is always to the left in a stationary flag, the field on a "moving" flag is set with the field forward, like on a vehicle, or person, as in the uniform shoulder.

mushroom
01-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Thank you deth.. guess I just never noticed.. I thought it was something that had been changed.

deth502
01-29-2013, 03:21 AM
but fwiw, i have not seen the other thread, and dont know how this would relate to an ammo container. might be another story to that.

charger0122
01-29-2013, 04:24 AM
here ya go deth
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/obama-administration-repositioning-homeland-security-ammunition-containers/

skorpion
01-29-2013, 07:49 AM
The flag should never be depicted as being in a position of retreat when affixed to the side of a moving object or person (picture flag images and patches as an actual flag flapping in the wind), hence the reversed positioning on a sleeve or vehicle.

deth502
01-29-2013, 04:07 PM
here ya go deth
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/01/obama-administration-repositioning-homeland-security-ammunition-containers/

sounds like a bunch of tin foil hat shit to me. so these "hidden caches of ammo" are not gaurded? id love to run across one of those while in possession of some bolt cutters, lol.