PDA

View Full Version : Guns & Ammo Shortage - No End in Sight

sevlex
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Good thing I stocked up when I did:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-status-of-gun-industry.html

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

:big-eye-eek:

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Someone please import a billion Wolf primers...

studmuffin
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Thats firearm and assessory manufacturers. What about ammo? Not even mentioned.

sevlex
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Thats firearm and assessory manufacturers. What about ammo? Not even mentioned.

Did you see this part?

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

studmuffin
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks I need glasses. Just as I figured. I am sure DHS is at the top of the list, despite their saying the military is tops. Now where is all that wolf ammo?

sevlex
02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I have suspected the DHS buying spree was partially motivated by denying supply to the proles.

:coffee:

5.56NATO
02-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Ffs I wish I was a maker.

Sergi762
02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
reading some of the comments was eye opening. One stood out and it couldn't be any louder.."..Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war."

Ruskiegunlover
02-05-2013, 06:33 PM
I feel that way. We are preparing to defend ourselves, our families, and our rights. I really fear whats coming in the next few years.

tank_monkey
02-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Good thing I stocked up when I did:

More and more I'm grateful that I got stuck holding the bag ;)

Schuetzenman
02-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Yep, several of us have made the observation that "People are not paying all this money for guns, mags and ammo only to hand it over to Government should it be banned", which means people are preparing for war.

nitewatcherXX
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I can honestly say I got plenty. And glad I got it when I did.

Helen Keller
02-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Just wait till folks start getting their tax returns.

Then LOOK OUT!

El Duce
02-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I can honestly say I got plenty. And glad I got it when I did.

I have more than some. But not as much as most. If I really need what I have. Well, then there is gonna be a world of shit around here. Need more .243, .270, 30-06. Some 8mm and 7.62x54r wouldn't hurt either. Just don't want to pay the prices of today.

sevlex
02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm almost tempted to drop by the next Tanner show and unload a couple of Port x51 battlepacks.

Helen Keller
02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm almost tempted to drop by the next Tanner show and unload a couple of Port x51 battlepacks.

If I didnt have my AR all the M855/856 in bandoliers I picked up around 6 years ago would be turned into gold right now.

El Duce
02-05-2013, 09:05 PM

To think of how many times I loaded up 100 round belts and ran them through my 1919.

Helen Keller
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
To think of how many times I loaded up 100 round belts and ran them through my 1919.

you're not the only one.

the first FAL i got I put 2000 rounds through it i one weekend.

El Duce
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
you're not the only one.

the first FAL i got I put 2000 rounds through it i one weekend.

Only .308 I shoot these days is during hunting season.

Schuetzenman
02-06-2013, 07:00 AM
I have more than some. But not as much as most. If I really need what I have. Well, then there is gonna be a world of shit around here. Need more .243, .270, 30-06. Some 8mm and 7.62x54r wouldn't hurt either. Just don't want to pay the prices of today.

This is why diversity .... of chamberings sucks. Hard to really keep and maintain adequate supplies in so many calibers.

El Duce
02-06-2013, 08:13 AM
This is why diversity .... of chamberings sucks. Hard to really keep and maintain adequate supplies in so many calibers.

I agree. The .243 and .270 are used for hunting, not so much plinking. It also a problem, when you have more rifles than ammo to go in them!

AK again
06-15-2013, 10:57 PM
.308 works will for hunting, too. I only have four cartridges to worry about for all of my hunting (or other) needs: .22, .223, .308, and 12 gauge. Works for about everything.

alismith
06-16-2013, 06:47 AM

Depends on your thinking, I guess. I believe in as much diversity as possible. Even though I can't stockpile as much of one caliber as others can, whenever something comes along, I can, usually, use it somewhere.

Krupski
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
I used to buy ammo all winter, then shoot it up next summer. I had one firm rule though... there had to be AT LEAST one full, unopened case of each caliber in stock. If that's all I had, I bought more or didn't go shooting.

Thank goodness I did that because I'm down to one full case per caliber plus loaded mags and a few extra boxes here and there. That's it!

Until I can start buying ammo again, no more trips to the range. What I have left is for (God forbid) SHTF.

dishman
06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
.308 works will for hunting, too. I only have four cartridges to worry about for all of my hunting (or other) needs: .22, .223, .308, and 12 gauge. Works for about everything.

i have the same attitude..
i have .45acp,7.62x39,12 gauge,.22lr,thats it..i do have a 9mm and a .270 with a few hundred rounds for them,but i have a good stockpile of ammo 4 the 4 aforementioned firearms...imho..if i cant get it done with that..well then i suck..lol

Helen Keller
06-17-2013, 07:59 PM
have a bunch and next Im dropping 5.45 .

Tired of "COLLECTING" calibers.

raxar
06-18-2013, 05:00 AM

let me know when you do, I'm in the market

El Laton Caliente
06-18-2013, 08:46 AM

I'd be interested also...

Helen Keller
06-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Probly be in the next 2-3 weeks .

I'll have a bulgy krink kit with a bunch of shit that goes along with it too.

was_peacemaker
06-18-2013, 03:48 PM
With the strain on the guns and ammo supply...I have been devoting time to my archery, arrow making and knife sharpening. In the next year I am going to get a good sword most likely a French Medieval like this one...http://armor.com/sword188.html

I figure if it all hit the fan...then most people would run out of ammo quick in various hunting, local conflict or in waste. So I have come to the conclusion that even though I love my guns....I realize the parts, mags and ammo may be scarce one day. So I have gone more into archery, knives and melee type weapons.

silentkilla
06-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Probly be in the next 2-3 weeks .

I'll have a bulgy krink kit with a bunch of shit that goes along with it too.

i call dibbs on the krink kit! p.m me and let me know what you want for it thanks

silentkilla
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM
p.m sent helen keller

Sergi762
06-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Buzzards the lot of ya!! :p

weevil
06-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Heck with it, I bought a flintlock at the pawnshop today.

Helen Keller
06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you vultures.. :D

Maybe by September I can show why I have the need to consolidate on calibers.

silentkilla
06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Thank you vultures.. :D

Maybe by September I can show why I have the need to consolidate on calibers.

your welcome! from yo main vulture.......... lol

raxar
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
just got back from walmart, they had a relative shitload of ammo. Got some new stuff,50 round boxes of Tula "brass maxx" 55 grn .223. It looks alot like prvi but the box says made in italy. price works out to $340/1000.

if it turns out to be good ammo I'm buying a lot

El Duce
06-19-2013, 06:46 PM
just got back from walmart, they had a relative shitload of ammo. Got some new stuff,50 round boxes of Tula "brass maxx" 55 grn .223. It looks alot like prvi but the box says made in italy. price works out to $340/1000.

if it turns out to be good ammo I'm buying a lot

Our wall mart is getting this in tonight.

6/19/13
- 10 boxes Winchester 9mm 100 rd
- 5 boxes Winchester .40 S&W
- 5 boxes Winchester .38 special
- 5 boxes Winchester .380
- 20 boxes Tula 9mm
Have to work in the morning, and don't need any of it.

Cypher
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I know one thing, I like my .22's even more. It's not as fun as shooting the AK but it is at least still something to practice with and ammo is a lot cheaper and more available. What I have been doing is take one box or a mag or two of one of my main guns and then spend an hour plinking with .22's.

I only shoot what I can buy now and keep everything else in stock.

It would be a great time to start a ammo making company.

tank_monkey
06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
I used to buy ammo all winter, then shoot it up next summer. I had one firm rule though... there had to be AT LEAST one full, unopened case of each caliber in stock. If that's all I had, I bought more or didn't go shooting.

Thank goodness I did that because I'm down to one full case per caliber plus loaded mags and a few extra boxes here and there. That's it!

Until I can start buying ammo again, no more trips to the range. What I have left is for (God forbid) SHTF.

Your rules saved my bacon. :D Thank you again. I actually listened to YOU on this point and benefited greatly. On a side note, one of the guys who left me holding the bag for at least a year (before I decided to keep it all for myself), now wants to 'buy his share of the bulk ammo' but at the price it was originally sold for two years ago, and is threatening to sue for ' theft/fraud/etc'.

Cypher
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Your rules saved my bacon. :D Thank you again. I actually listened to YOU on this point and benefited greatly. On a side note, one of the guys who left me holding the bag for at least a year (before I decided to keep it all for myself), now wants to 'buy his share of the bulk ammo' but at the price it was originally sold for two years ago, and is threatening to sue for ' theft/fraud/etc'.

HA, I think I would tell him to pound sand. Especially if you paid for it and none of his money is in the deal. Screw that noise.

alismith
06-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Went up to DE today and stopped at WalMart and picked up 3 boxes of Tula 7.62x39 and stopped off at a little gun shop I'd never visited before and he had shelves of ammo. I bought 3 boxes of .22 LR and may go back and pick up a brick this weekend.

WalMart only had the 3 boxes of ammo I bought and a few Fudd calibers and shotgun shells. They're still largely empty.

El Duce
06-20-2013, 04:32 PM
I got texts all day long that wall mart had ammo. I stopped by there around 4 pm. Bought one value pack of .40,.38 and one 50 round box of tula 9mm. I was surprised that it was still there! Had two boxes of tula left, one value pack of .40 and two of the .38.

El Duce
06-20-2013, 04:34 PM

Screw that guy. He left you hanging for a year? Sounds to me like he had NO intention of following through with the deal. I say good for you. Even if he was a friend. Friends don't do that. I have a good buddy that is low on ammo. He keeps asking me to sell him some. I told him, if the SHTF, I'll give it to you. But for now. Holding on to it.

Krupski
06-20-2013, 04:39 PM
With the strain on the guns and ammo supply...I have been devoting time to my archery, arrow making and knife sharpening. In the next year I am going to get a good sword most likely a French Medieval like this one...http://armor.com/sword188.html

I figure if it all hit the fan...then most people would run out of ammo quick in various hunting, local conflict or in waste. So I have come to the conclusion that even though I love my guns....I realize the parts, mags and ammo may be scarce one day. So I have gone more into archery, knives and melee type weapons.

I pictured you jumping and flipping around like Yoda with your sword and laughed out loud!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/yodaleap.jpg

No thanks. I'll keep my firearms.

I have enough ammo to last me longer than I'll last if the SHTF. Then someone else can take my stuff and carry on.

silentkilla
06-20-2013, 04:50 PM

you got to be shitting me!! I'D BEAT HIS ASS AND GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO SUE ABOUT.. stupid MF'ER

alismith
06-20-2013, 06:52 PM

If the guy didn't chip in one cent, or didn't pay anything when the order came in, and it's been a year since, then you have nothing to worry about. His inaction shows a lack of intent to pay. He never intended to pay you in the first place. He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Schuetzenman
06-20-2013, 09:07 PM

Tell him he will burn up so much money on lawyers he would be better off to offer you today's fair market value for any ammo he wishes to purchase. You can't get a Lawyer for less than a grand on retainer so the prices of ammo starts there. After 2 years the message was clear, he wasn't in on the deal as nobody waits 2 years for payment on any deal.

El Duce
06-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Todays delivery. Going to pick up some .380 for a friend.

12 gauge shells
- 5 boxes Federal 9mm 50 rd
- 1 boxes Winchester .40 S&W
- 2 boxes Winchester .30-06
- 1 boxes Federal .44 mag
- 10 boxes Winchester .22LR 50 rd
- 1 box Tula .223
- 8 boxes Tula .380
- 1 box Remington .270
- 1 box Winchester 9mm 50 rd
- 2 boxes Remington UMC .380
- 2 boxes Winchester PDX .380